[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

Erm... Hey, what's that thing over there?! *Points at nothing, runs away when people look.*

So, in my mad grab to try and squeeze USI, New Horizons, RealPlume, your mods, and all the other stuff in one install, CCC was one of the mods I thought was safe enough to get rid of. Knowing that that's where the switching ability comes from, I'll put it back in tonight. Problem solved, now if I could figure out what caused some of my ui mods to act weird, I'll be good.

Heh, awesome. Yeah, the line between CCC and FTP is so blurry at times it's easy to get confused with it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, if it looks like that (z-fighting with all of the colors at once), then something's not installed correctly. It needs either Firespitter or InterstellarFuelSwitch (just the core DLL from either one, not necessarily the whole mod) installed and functioning. If you don't have either of those installed, then you'll need to get one of them, since we consider it a dependency, along with ModuleManager.

If you do have one or both installed, then they're not functioning properly, or ModuleManger is missing or not functioning.

Thank you very much for the quick reply... I did have InterstellarFuelSwitch and modulemanager installed, I removed and re-installed modulemanager and it did the trick :-) happy happy, back to blowing up some stuff.. hehehe

Thanks again, much appreciated and keep making great mods!

cheers

Reg

Thank you very much for the quick reply... I did have InterstellarFuelSwitch and modulemanager installed, I removed and re-installed modulemanager and it did the trick :-) happy happy, back to blowing up some stuff.. hehehe

Thanks again, much appreciated and keep making great mods!

cheers

Reg

My pleasure. I also keep forgetting to suggest deleting the ModuleManager cache file, since that sometimes fixes these problems. Not to self-- remember to suggest that. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it's already been suggested or not, but I think it'd be cool if you could add your tank textures to engine fairings, and maybe even decouples too... the stock ones kind of break the nice sleek look when making rockets with your tanks.

5 hours ago, Rodger said:

Not sure if it's already been suggested or not, but I think it'd be cool if you could add your tank textures to engine fairings, and maybe even decouples too... the stock ones kind of break the nice sleek look when making rockets with your tanks.

Huh, interesting idea. For the stock parts (decouplers and engines), I think it would be possible, though somewhat complicated. It would require using the same kind of mesh-switching that I'm doing now, but also including the stock meshes. At least for the decouplers, the easier thing would be to add new ones. But keeping the menu-spam down is helpful.

Huh. I'll think about it. It's a tricky concept, but not impossible.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think a new set of decouplers makes sense. It's only 4 new parts (size 0 through size 3), and doesn't rely on the existing stock art assets, which I suspect will change if they do a rocket-part overhaul like they've done with the spaceplanes. Just adding new decouplers would be pretty straightforward.

The engine shroud thing is still pretty complicated, so I'm going to think on that a bit.

7 hours ago, Jeorge said:

That's awesome! Decouplers done right. Just a minor opinion, I think it can go without the arrows, I think we have the sepatrons to indicate which way up.

You know, that's a good point. I may go ahead and take them off. They can always be re-added if people still get confused. :)

Sweet, can't wait to use them!

And how does their dry mass compare to stock? They seem pretty good with that heavy SF on board, then you could tweak the SF out if you need to save mass instead of having the motors fire as long. Maybe even tone down the ejection force and make the dry mass lighter, so you can have a weak and light decoupler, or a stronger one at the cost of the SF's mass?

23 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Sweet, can't wait to use them!

And how does their dry mass compare to stock? They seem pretty good with that heavy SF on board, then you could tweak the SF out if you need to save mass instead of having the motors fire as long. Maybe even tone down the ejection force and make the dry mass lighter, so you can have a weak and light decoupler, or a stronger one at the cost of the SF's mass?

So far I've been setting the dry-mass and ejection force equal to the stock versions, but the cost is higher. But yeah, I was thinking that too. The dry mass could be lighter, with a lower ejection force, so that if you remove the propellant, you get a lighter, weaker decoupler. But fueled, they're heavier and quite powerful.

Updated screenshot of the 1.25m, with the added enclosures for the nozzles.

KSP%202015-12-04%2010-31-44-50.jpg

23 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Been playing around with the settings/stats. These will be fun for sure. Color changing, and built-in separator motors.

Reveal hidden contents

KSP%202015-12-03%2011-21-23-41.jpg

KSP%202015-12-03%2011-20-50-47.jpg

KSP%202015-12-03%2011-21-47-75.jpg

That's what I need! More I do not have to use the "Sepratron I" for this purpose.

6 hours ago, NecroBones said:

OK, decouplers are available to try out:

1.4 (2015-12-04) - Update.
 - Added stack decouplers with built-in separation motors, and color-changing capability.

Brilliant! It packs a punch! It's good at de-orbiting final stages. I hope SpaceY lifters and expanded get them too! Thanks again NecroBones!

81e331b7_l.png

a75e7813_l.png

On 12/5/2015, 1:27:55, Jeorge said:

Brilliant! It packs a punch! It's good at de-orbiting final stages. I hope SpaceY lifters and expanded get them too! Thanks again NecroBones!

Glad everyone likes them! :) Yeah, I gave them a real punch with the thinking that you can always use thrust limiting, or short-fuel them. But you can't increase from what the settings start with. They're a little overkill for some uses, but not a problem from a balance perspective since you still have to pay for fuel mass in all cases (both in terms of funds and physics).

Strange error occurs with "Oscar-A 0.625m" fuel tanks. If you switch from the satellite (the object) to the space center, and then return back to him, then this tank caps disappear. Although initially in the VAB, the caps were present.

Not fatal, but visually looks naked. :)

[url=http://2.firepic.org/2/images/2015-12/06/72qmfmbpf5b1.jpg]72qmfmbpf5b1.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.