[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

11 minutes ago, StevieC said:

Whatever you decide Re: decouplers, @NecroBones, the FTP decouplers have become an indispensable part of my parts-catalog. BTW, any word yet on which of your mods will or won't work in 1.1?

Glad you like them! Yeah, I'll have to rework the landing legs in MRS, SpaceY, and Lithobrake. I think everything else will still work as-is. Right now I still have no idea what will need to be done to make the legs work properly. Other than that, I'll probably add search tags gradually to all of the mods, but there's no huge rush on that part.

Just now, StevieC said:

Yeah, my main worry was whether v1.1 breaks FuelTanksPlus or one of its dependencies, and whethr ColorCodedCanisters works in 1.1

For those, I expect ModuleManager to be updated pretty quickly (I think they have that working in experimentals already), and we'll just have to see about InterstellarFuelSwitch and/or Firespitter. FTP and CCC themselves should be fine, it's just the dependencies we'll have to wait on.

3 minutes ago, imafing said:

I'm having a problem with the textures, any info on what may be causing this?

REQUIRED Dependencies: (version 1.0+)

• ModuleManager
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch (Core-only is OK). (Firespitter will also work, for now, but that compatibility may be removed eventually)

Hi NecroBones,

I too am having z-fighting issues on the tanks with 1.1 prerelease. OP screenshot listed above is the same condition.    I have tried your suggestions listed in post.  Delete mm cache and let it rebuild, reboot, reinstall all to no avail.  My gamedata folder: 

1. Squad folder 

2. Interstellar Fuel Switch folder deployed from FTP.zip

3. Module manager.dll and associated files

4.  FTP 1.7 folder

:-)  FTP is the first mod I am testing hence I only have folders pertaining to it.

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated. 

Mike

1 minute ago, Metalmasher said:

Hi NecroBones,

I too am having z-fighting issues on the tanks with 1.1 prerelease. OP screenshot listed above is the same condition.    I have tried your suggestions listed in post.  Delete mm cache and let it rebuild, reboot, reinstall all to no avail.  My gamedata folder: 

1. Squad folder 

2. Interstellar Fuel Switch folder deployed from FTP.zip

3. Module manager.dll and associated files

4.  FTP 1.7 folder

:-)  FTP is the first mod I am testing hence I only have folders pertaining to it.

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

Yep, FTP is ready to go for 1.1 itself, but not the dependencies. We're waiting on InterstellarFuelSwitch to update (the copy in the zip file is for KSP 1.0.5). Firespitter apparently is partially updated, and if that can be made to work, it can substitute temporarily.

Hang tight. :)

4 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Yep, FTP is ready to go for 1.1 itself, but not the dependencies. We're waiting on InterstellarFuelSwitch to update (the copy in the zip file is for KSP 1.0.5). Firespitter apparently is partially updated, and if that can be made to work, it can substitute temporarily.

Hang tight. :)

Ah.  So sorry... Dependencies :-)  Will hang tight. 

Thank You.

1 hour ago, NecroBones said:

No worries. It's pretty typical for a launch week to have mods slowly trickle through. :)  (I'm assuming @FreeThinker is already working on it)

Indeed and I will prioritize IFS and create a rebuild (I hope)

The only problem might be distribution, since we in a kind of twilight zone now, If I would release a 1.1 version, any player that tries to use it in 1.0.5, will not be able to use IFS.

I'm thinking about proving a link on the IFS main page to the 1.1 experimental build

Edited by FreeThinker

26 minutes ago, StevieC said:

so any luck on getting FTP to work by using FireSpitter to substitute for IFS in the meantime?

Not sure. Firespitter 7.2 apparently exists, according to the AVC versioning, but I hadn't looked into where to grab it. Someone in the RO channel said it looked like it had some preparation for 1.1, but wasn't fully updated for it yet. So I think we're waiting on that too.

17 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Awesome :)

I'm afraid I have to take that back, it's a mess. They have made essential classes classes needed for configuration suddenly inaccessible in KSP 1.1. This is going to take a while to sort out

Edited by FreeThinker

Just now, FreeThinker said:

I'm afraid I have to take that back, it's a mess. They have made many classes needed for configuration inaccessible. This is going to take a while to sort out

No worries, take your time. I totally understand.

The irony is that except for landing legs, the 1.1 update is very easy from my side. It was the 1.0.X updates that made a mess for me. Landing legs are my current mess.

8 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I'm afraid I have to take that back, it's a mess. They have made essential classes classes needed for configuration suddenly inaccessible in KSP 1.1. This is going to take a while to sort out

I think a lot of stuff has just moved to a different plugin.  For instance, ConfigNode is now in KSPUtil.dll.  I don't think much has been made outright inaccessible.

13 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I think a lot of stuff has just moved to a different plugin.  For instance, ConfigNode is now in KSPUtil.dll.  I don't think much has been made outright inaccessible.

Great, that fixed a major compilation problem.

Edit: Alright, new problem, the property "renderer" is suddenly missing on gameObject. This property is essential for the IFS Texture Switch. Perhaps I should release  without the Texture switch for now, that way it will at least be possible to use the Fuel Switch

Edited by FreeThinker

12 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Edit: Alright, new problem, the property "renderer" is suddenly missing on gameObject. This property is essential for the IFS Texture Switch. Pehaps I should release  without the Texture switch for now, that way it will at least be possble to use the Fuel Switch

Not something I've ever dealt with, but maybe look into how stock texture replacements in MODEL nodes work?

10 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Not something I've ever dealt with, but maybe look into how stock texture replacements in MODEL nodes work?

alright fixed all compilation problems. Simple replaced it by transform.GetComponent<Renderer>(), simiary use transform.GetComponent<Collider>(),

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.