[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

I'm getting the z-fighting issues on the stock tanks and the ones added by FTP, and I don't get the right click texture switch option either.

Modulemanager 2.6.21

Interstellar Fuel Switch 1.19

Fuel Tanks Plus 1.7

Color Coded Canisters 1.4.2

KSP is v1183, could that be an issue?

g2m9d1n.jpg

Edited by Nnimrod

8 hours ago, Nnimrod said:

I'm getting the z-fighting issues on the stock tanks and the ones added by FTP, and I don't get the right click texture switch option either.

Modulemanager 2.6.21

Interstellar Fuel Switch 1.19

Fuel Tanks Plus 1.7

Color Coded Canisters 1.4.2

KSP is v1183, could that be an issue?

g2m9d1n.jpg

I just tried everything in 1184 and it all still works. And all of the versions all sound good, so I'm thinking MM's cache is just bad. Did you try deleting ModuleManager.ConfigCache? Either that or something didn't quite get installed correctly.

Is there a way to disable the texture switching feature? Like deleting/renaming one of the patches or something? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the z-fighting issue to go away, and I'm pretty sure it's stemming from that. I tried deleting FuelTanksPlus_Fuelswitch.cfg and that changed nothing at all (problem still there).

If not it's no big deal, I'm well aware this is pre-release for a reason.

Edited by Nnimrod

2 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

Is there a way to disable the texture switching feature? Like deleting/renaming one of the patches or something? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the z-fighting issue to go away, and I'm pretty sure it's stemming from that.

If not it's no big deal, I'm well aware this is pre-release for a reason.

Yep, make sure you don't have either Firespitter or InterstellarFuelSwitch installed. They need to be completely removed, including deleting the directories if they still exist, or else ModuleManager will think they're there and FTP will activate the color switching.

6 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Yep, make sure you don't have either Firespitter or InterstellarFuelSwitch installed. They need to be completely removed, including deleting the directories if they still exist, or else ModuleManager will think they're there and FTP will activate the color switching.

Ok, removed IFS and nothing changed. Put it back and my problem is gone. Same version (1.19), only difference is I had the .dll both in the gamedata and the gamedata/interstellarfuelswitch directories the first time, and after removing it and reinstalling it I only had it in the IFS directory. I guess you can't have interstellarfuelswitch.dll in both places.

Well I'm happy, thanks for your help.

3 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

Ok, removed IFS and nothing changed. Put it back and my problem is gone. Same version (1.19), only difference is I had the .dll both in the gamedata and the gamedata/interstellarfuelswitch directories the first time, and after removing it and reinstalling it I only had it in the IFS directory. I guess you can't have interstellarfuelswitch.dll in both places.

OK great. Yeah, I guess it was interfering with itself somehow. Glad it's working now!

22 hours ago, NecroBones said:
On 2.4.2016 at 7:10 AM, Nnimrod said:

18 hours ago, Nnimrod said:

I hade the same z-fighting issue. And also couldn't change tank setups and colors, the whole right click menu wasn't showing.

I removed,

• Firespitter,
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch
  • ModuleManager.ConfigCache

nothing helped, after that i reinstalled Firespitter and Interstellar Fuel Switch Plugins

now all is fine again :D

Hope this maybe help one with the same problem.

Edited by DianonForce

• 2 weeks later...

With the release of 1.1 (1209) it seems Fuel tanks Plus has some.....issues.

Most likely it's the instellar Fuel Switch. I posted to their thread as well. But massive Z-fighting and no fuel in tanks. 

Just wanted to give you a heads up N.B.

Yeah, it appears that USI tools, Firespitter, InterstellarFuelSwitch, RealChute, Tweakscale, and other mods with "switch" functionality have all been broken in build 1209. I also referenced this in feedback for ColorCodedCanisters, here:

On 16-4-2016 at 5:21 AM, NecroBones said:

Yep, nothing I can do about it. We just have to wait for Firespitter and/or IFS to correct on their side.

Actually I already did. It requires IFS 1.21  to run smoothly now

Please also update your link to IFS on your main page to direct to 1.21

Edited by FreeThinker

39 minutes ago, HoveringKiller said:

What are the nuclear engines you have under the liquid fuel only fuel tanks?

You mean in the image album at the start of the thread? Those are the "Quad Nukes" from Modular Rocket Systems.

Hi,

With all the mass/dv issues of late with 1.1 and ifs etc, I noticed a really minor thing, which I guess you didn't mean to do.

Youlist the dry mass of the fuel tank plus tanks on the tooltips instead of the weight with fuel which stock and your other mods do.

Also the FL-T1000 tanks flag becomes see-through when you hover over the tank: using IFS 1.21.

screenshot0.png

33 minutes ago, Torih said:

Hi,

With all the mass/dv issues of late with 1.1 and ifs etc, I noticed a really minor thing, which I guess you didn't mean to do.

Youlist the dry mass of the fuel tank plus tanks on the tooltips instead of the weight with fuel which stock and your other mods do.

Also the FL-T1000 tanks flag becomes see-through when you hover over the tank: using IFS 1.21.

That's just the way IFS is displaying the mass currently. You'll only see that on parts that have fuel switching enabled.

The flags do that when you mouse over the fuel tank. It's a VAB highlighting glitch.

5 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

That's just the way IFS is displaying the mass currently. You'll only see that on parts that have fuel switching enabled.

The flags do that when you mouse over the fuel tank. It's a VAB highlighting glitch.

Modular Rocket Systems has the total displayed. Not that it matters either way, but the 2 mods are showing it differently :)

As for the flag its only happening on that one tank.

22 minutes ago, Torih said:

Modular Rocket Systems has the total displayed. Not that it matters either way, but the 2 mods are showing it differently :)

As for the flag its only happening on that one tank.

No idea why they would appear differently, since the mods are all using IFS the same way.

The flags are doing it on all of those tanks, it just depends on viewing angle, and so on. Swinging the camera around causes the effect to flicker in and out sometimes.

Hello to all.

New to this mod, so a question.

I am running the new 1.1 Win64  version of ksp.

When i select and mount tanks from this mod and then change the scale, the volume of fuel is not changing.

I have loaded the up to date dependencies and am really scratching my head on this one.

I must have missed something and will be re-reading the forums again, but thought I might throw this out there to see if anyone has a light bulb moment for me.

Cheers, and thanks.

thanks, that what i am seeing from my end.  

I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas... 

Thanks @blowfish.  I appreciate the reply.

onto tweakscale again.  wheee...  

love updates...

But, this one is great... love the memory now.

Cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.