[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

13 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

My guess is there's been a doubling up on switcher stuff somewhere, dunno!

I didn't even try to reproduce, I saw the problem in the files right away. I forgot to remove the IFS/FS/B9 configs after adding the stock switcher configs.

14 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Saw one small thing - take a look at the FL-R13 RCS tank, it holds a LOT more RCS fuel than its volume would suggest (also compared to stock FL-T100 fuel tank as a rough comparison). The tank mass is also much greater (per unit volume) than stock's FL-R25.

EDIT: Similar with FL-R05.

I'm still going through them now, but actually the FL-R13 looks OK to me. It holds exactly half of the stock monoprop tank of the same diameter, since it's half the length. Plus, the amounts were configured in the fuel switcher config to use mass ratios rather than volume ratios, using the base mass of the tanks. The alternative would be to change the empty tank mass for each fuel type, but I think that's more than I want to get into right now.

19 hours ago, NecroBones said:

I don't have a github, no. I just have a local workflow.

if you need it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsematml7rlt2qj/FuelTanksPlus_1.12.1 (KSP 1.3.1) localization.7z?dl=0

By the way, you can prepend zeros to numbers, for name-sorting:  7200 — 07200 and then it wiil be before 10800, etc

51 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

some MM patches could always change things up after the fact.

you can make github for community MM patches

Edited by flart

I'll take a look but unfortunately my time is pretty limited these days, so maintaining localization isn't something I'll probably get into. However if someone wanted to make a mod-localizer mod, that would be very very cool.

Posted some quick fixes:

2.0.1 (2018-03-13) - Minor fixes.
 - Removed shrouds from nuclear tanks and added them to the color-switcher (just one color currently)
 - Removed extraneous IFS/FS/B9 configs from the size-0 tanks.

a mod for players to use, that adds localization to all of the other popular mods

technically it is just MM-patch for changing name to a tag and localizing the tag. 

@PART[partname]
{
  @title = #modname_partname_title
  @description = #modname_partname_desc
}

Localization
{
  en-us
  {
      #modname_partname_title = Cool Part X66-08
      #modname_partname_desc = Very Cool Part
  }
}

But it ignores all changes what mod developer makes to part-titles, and doesn't works if partname changed. Also it would affect loading time if it has "all of the popular mods". And some person need to monitor all mods changes. That why it usually done in the mods itself. 

if you had github, someone maybe would make a localization using the localization tool.

Edited by flart

8 hours ago, NecroBones said:

I'm still going through them now, but actually the FL-R13 looks OK to me. It holds exactly half of the stock monoprop tank of the same diameter, since it's half the length. Plus, the amounts were configured in the fuel switcher config to use mass ratios rather than volume ratios, using the base mass of the tanks. The alternative would be to change the empty tank mass for each fuel type, but I think that's more than I want to get into right now.

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but this is what I'm seeing: 

mi5RLax.png

This is on a brand new 1.4.1 install with basically no other mods that could interfere (I don't think).

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Really loved that you updated this. Thanks!

It looks like FTP is overwriting the new texture options that Squad had created. Is there any way to include the Squad options instead of overwriting them?

19 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but this is what I'm seeing: 

This is on a brand new 1.4.1 install with basically no other mods that could interfere (I don't think).

Ah crap. That's what I get for looking at just the config files, instead of what's in game. I was comparing against old values. OK. I'll take another pass over it.

3 hours ago, Tyko said:

Really loved that you updated this. Thanks!

It looks like FTP is overwriting the new texture options that Squad had created. Is there any way to include the Squad options instead of overwriting them?

FTP doesn't do that, but the companion CCC mod does. If you want the stock appearances, just make sure you're not running CCC.

Edited by NecroBones

It doesn't have to be right-right now, but it'd be nice to see the switchable textures ported over to the new stock texture switcher. Again, I realize that may not be as quick of a thing to implement, and i'm willing to wait.

7 minutes ago, StevieC said:

It doesn't have to be right-right now, but it'd be nice to see the switchable textures ported over to the new stock texture switcher. Again, I realize that may not be as quick of a thing to implement, and i'm willing to wait.

Already released. :)

see, that's odd because the stock size tanks don't want to show your textures as choices.5d1TS04.png

they still offer only the two stock textures for me to choose from.

The TPtank2m_MM.cfg file seems to be empty of any text, too.

Edited by StevieC

28 minutes ago, StevieC said:

see, that's odd because the stock size tanks don't want to show your textures as choices.

they still offer only the two stock textures for me to choose from.

Wrong mod, sort-of. :) It's CCC that overrides the stock artwork (FTP just provides it the additional textures). Unfortunately I can't mesh the new art assets into mine, so you have to choose between the list of stock appearances or the new ones provided by CCC/FTP. They don't work together simultaneously because the stock switcher replaces the texture assignments for all mesh objects, instead of one at a time. The only way it might work in the future, is to go back to using IFS/B9/whatever and have it do the switching, but also pull the stock appearances. So we're kinda stuck in that regard. But at least CCC does what it always did, just cooperating with the stock system for color profiles now.

Edited by NecroBones

37 minutes ago, StevieC said:

see, that's odd because the stock size tanks don't want to show your textures as choices.they still offer only the two stock textures for me to choose from.

The TPtank2m_MM.cfg file seems to be empty of any text, too.

33 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Wrong mod, sort-of. :) It's CCC that overrides the stock artwork (FTP just provides it the additional textures). Unfortunately I can't mesh the new art assets into mine, so you have to choose between the list of stock appearances or the new ones provided by CCC/FTP. They don't work together simultaneously because the stock switcher replaces the texture assignments for all mesh objects, instead of one at a time. The only way it might work in the future, is to go back to using IFS/B9/whatever and have it do the switching, but also pull the stock appearances. So we're kinda stuck in that regard. But at least CCC does what it always did, just cooperating with the stock system for color profiles now.

It occurs to me that I might actually be wrong about the texturing issue. I'll do some more experimenting.

1 hour ago, NecroBones said:

FTP doesn't do that, but the companion CCC mod does. If you want the stock appearances, just make sure you're not running CCC.

Thanks...I may have to tweak CCC to only affect certain tank sizes...the 1.25m stock tanks are still painful to look at :/

I might consider toning down the green caps. Truthfully though, you're probably only going to see them in the editor anyway. The point was for them to be obvious in the menus.

Anyway, I think mixing and matching the FTP/CCC + Stock appearances for the new 2.5m parts actually will be possible. I'm trying to figure out the least painful way to make it work. The thing is, 1.4.1 has already changed these parts since 1.4, which might break things if they do that again. 

EDIT: I have some test cases working, but others are having serious issues with z-fighting, or not switching as they should, and it varies from tank to tank. I think the stock switcher is a bit buggy.

Edited by NecroBones

1 hour ago, StevieC said:

In that case I'm willing to wait for them to get some of those bugs fixed, there's probably gonna be a v1.4.2 with that before too long.

So as it turns out, it was my fault for not understanding some of the details I was looking at. LOL, I should know by now that when things aren't working, 90% of the time I'm just doing something wrong. I may get this working sooner than expected. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm spotting things I've overlooked. I'll post more when I know more.

EDIT: I have the X200-16 and Jumbo-64 tanks working in tests with CCC, and without FTP installed, but not the other two 2.5m tanks. They're being really obstinate. Worst case scenario, I release with only half of them permitting the new stock appearances in the lineup. We'll see.

Edited by NecroBones

14 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

so to clarify, we need to install FTP and Color Coded Canisters to get the full effect of texturing on the tanks?

Right, they're closely associated mods, that do two separate things:

CCC - Alters the stock tanks to have new appearances, and color-coded ends. If FTP is present, it will use FTP's textures to give you additional color schemes.

FTP - Uses the same style, enables multiple color selections in CCC, but also provides new tanks in a variety of sizes, that the stock game doesn't have.

To get the full functionality, they need to be installed together, but they are capable of functioning independently.

It's not needed for the color switching at all now, but it's still used for fuel switching. I'll have to double-check my configs to make sure that it's configured to be optional, then maybe we can get it removed as a requirement. But yeah, a manual installation is probably needed in the meantime.

EDIT: Yep, the fuel configs are careful to check which switcher mods are installed, since it supports three different switchers. If none are present, it should just ignore those configs.

Edited by NecroBones

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.