[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

On 3/17/2018 at 2:51 PM, StevieC said:

hmm,

perhaps @NecroBones may find this post helpful?

Ah, that material name will indeed be pretty useful. Thanks! I don't think it'll fix this case though, but I'm running out of ideas. The problem I'm hitting is that the mesh isn't switching properly for some parts, rather than a texture/material problem.

• 1 month later...

Oscar-C is Oscar-B x2, but volume is just 56 (Oscar-B is 40)

All other Oscars need new values too

Oscar-C = Oscar-B x2 = 80

Oscar-D = Oscar-C x2 = 160

Oscar-E = Oscar-D + Oscar-B + Oscar-A = 220

Oscar-Cap < Oscar-B = 40

Spoiler

Svzl4Su.jpg

Edited by flart

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hoping @NecroBonesis doing okay, and also noticed that the old tanks from KSP 1.3 and earlier are still in the Squad folder and perhaps could be referenced by FuelTanksPlus' ModuleManager patches to restore the older tank designs into FuelTanksPlus' choices, also providing a convenient means by which to prevent FTP from conflicting with or otherwise altering the new KSP 1.4 fuel tanks' stock switcher, without needing to sacrifice access to the various tank textures that we all have come to know and love from FuelTanksPlus. Just a thought.

I tried this out in 1.4.5, and for some reason the radial tanks (and only the radial tanks) crash the game when picked in the part menu. Nothing at all appears to be logged when this happens.
I'd understand if a plugin was involved... Are there any known incompatibilities that would affect part-only mods like this?

• 2 weeks later...

Should these files be empty? 

FuelTanksPlus\Probe\000_TPtankP_MM.cfg

FuelTanksPlus\Size0\000_TPtank0m_MM.cfg

FuelTanksPlus\Size1\000_TPtank1m_MM.cfg

FuelTanksPlus\Size2\000_TPtank2m_MM.cfg

FuelTanksPlus\Size3\000_TPtank3m_MM.cfg

• 1 month later...

I

On 10/16/2018 at 10:46 AM, careermode100 said:

I’ve downloaded this mod for KSP 1.5, but when I place an engine on any of the retextured fuel tanks, there’s a gap between the two.

Is it that this mod is outdated?

I also have a gap now in between tanks/stages after upgrading to 1.5

On 10/16/2018 at 1:46 PM, careermode100 said:

I’ve downloaded this mod for KSP 1.5, but when I place an engine on any of the retextured fuel tanks, there’s a gap between the two.

5 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

@careermode100, @MikeO89, I haven't updated to 1.5 yet, but probably will this weekend.  Have you tried any of @NecroBones ' other engine/fuel tank part packs, such as SpaceY Heavy-Lifter?  Based on the change logs both of them got an overhaul for KSP 1.4.X.

I'd also recommend checking out Home Grown Rockets (now HGR Community Fixes by @Kerbas_ad_astra), and @linuxgurugamer's revival of Munar Industries - Modular Fuel Tank Expansion (which he's hinted at an impending 1.5 update).

I'm hoping this doesn't go terminally stale.  I'm also a fan of FTP, and use it alongside SpaceY and HGR parts.  I haven't tried MFTX yet though; just came across it today. 

Edited by KSPrynk

On 10/16/2018 at 1:46 PM, careermode100 said:

I just did a totally clean, 1.5.1 install.  The only mods I installed were the two SpaceY mods and ModuleManager.

I tried a number of engines at the bottom of a number of SpaceY tanks, and there wasn't any gap in any of them.  Are you running any other mods, and if so, which ones?

13 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

I checked all the tanks, putting a number of Squad retextured tanks on top and a variety of SpaceY tanks on the bottom.  I didn't see any gap.  Are you running any other mods, and if so, which ones?

The only issue I see is with the Vernier.  It's using the old ModuleRCS, which is why the plume is backwards and very large.  I've written a patch to fix it.  The patch is good for 1.4 and 1.5

Just drop the following into the GameData directory, call the file MM_SYvernier1.cfg, or download it from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jajttxynlhlf1je/SpaceYVernierPatch.zip?dl=0

License for the patch is the Unlicense

Spoiler

@PART[SYvernier1]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleRCS] {}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRCSFX
		stagingEnabled = False
		thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
		thrusterPower = 100
		resourceName = LiquidFuel
		resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		runningEffectName = running
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			ratio = 0.9
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = Oxidizer
			ratio = 1.1
		}
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 260
			key = 1 180
			key = 9 0.001
		}
	}

EFFECTS
	{
		running
		{
			AUDIO_MULTI_POOL
			{
				channel = Ship
				transformName = RCSthruster
				clip = sound_rocket_mini
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 0.1 0.0
				volume = 0.5 0.025
				volume = 1.0 0.15
				pitch = 0.0 0.75
				pitch = 1.0 1.0
				loop = true
			}
			MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
			{
				modelName = Squad/FX/Monoprop_small
				transformName = RCSthruster
				emission = 0.0 0.0
				emission = 0.1 0.0
				emission = 1.0 2.0
				speed = 0.0 0.8
				speed = 1.0 1.0
				localRotation = -90, 0, 0
			}
		}		
	}

}

Edited by linuxgurugamer

29 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

FYI there is a bad character or something in that, right before the opening bracket after MODULE. Came up as ? when I pasted it into my cfg file

Hmm, doesn't show for me.  How are you doing your copy/paste, and where are you (need to know char set of computer)

I just repasted it, try it now

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmm, doesn't show for me.  How are you doing your copy/paste, and where are you

Just highlighting it from the spoiler dropdown and pasting it into a text editor on Win10.

Still shows up, except in the line break before MODULE now.

I think it may just be a RTF thing, because when I pasted what I copied from the spoiler code block here in the reply editor it showed up formatted as a scrollable code block.

I'd like a version of this mod that leaves the new (KSP 1.4 and newer) fuel-tanks untouched and only applies itself to the (now mostly hidden) fuel-tanks from KSP 1.3.1 & earlier. Is it possible to do that with only a few .cfg file tweaks?

23 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Just highlighting it from the spoiler dropdown and pasting it into a text editor on Win10.

Still shows up, except in the line break before MODULE now.

I think it may just be a RTF thing, because when I pasted what I copied from the spoiler code block here in the reply editor it showed up formatted as a scrollable code block.

I saw the same thing; did a copy-paste from the post into Notepad.  It's just a matter of going back and removing the inserted '?' characters.  Patch works fine.

@MikeO89, @careermode100, @steve_v

I haven't seen the FTP gap issue (so far), nor the radial tank select-and-crash issue on a fresh install of KSP 1.5 and MH (x64 in Windows 7) w MM 3.1.0.  Haven't tried out KJR yet though....

1 hour ago, KSPrynk said:

It's just a matter of going back and removing the inserted '?' characters

right, I'm just pointing it out because, for me at least, the paste scrolls down my screen so if someone just pastes it and doesn't scroll back up to check it all they'll miss it, get an error and maybe not check it before coming back to complain about it not working. You know. Some people... :P

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.