NecroBones

[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

On 12/7/2018 at 3:27 AM, Ruedii said:

For future versions could we get the new stock textures mapped to the texture switching options on this and color coded canisters? 

@NecroBones has not logged in since June. And with the big changes to the stock tanks texture handling, this mod may be in need of a refactor, which means someone with a lot of time will need to basically fork it and take it over to rewrite those parts of it.

I can confirm that most of this addon is working in 1.5.1, the exception is the radial tanks. Whenever I click on one of those in the VAB/SPH my game CTD even before I let up on the mouse button. Probably something to do with the texture switching if I had to guess, and I'd be willing to bet that fixing it will only take some tweaking of the config files to point to the right textures or something like that.

Texture switching isn't something I've tried messing with in configs yet, I'd have to study how it works for a while before trying to fix these parts. If nobody else does, I'll probably come up with a MM patch to fix it or something, and once I get that working I'll post it in this thread or the thread of whoever takes over maintaining this mod untill Necrobones gets back.

On 12/9/2018 at 1:01 PM, Murdabenne said:

@NecroBones has not logged in since June. And with the big changes to the stock tanks texture handling, this mod may be in need of a refactor, which means someone with a lot of time will need to basically fork it and take it over to rewrite those parts of it.

According to his redit posts he's been doing a lot in Elite Dangerous lately.  Anyhow, I might try to fork it from the github page sometime.   I'll be getting a new hard drive soon so I'll finally have working space to do actually productive things on my computer.  That battle with the free space has been what has been keeping me from really getting into modding.  (Modding tools take up a lot of space.)

Edited by Ruedii

On 12/23/2018 at 1:49 PM, Murdabenne said:

And now Squad has dropped DeltaV 1.6 on us, so that may change a few things in the VAB. 

Yeah, Intersteller FuelSwitch will probably break on this update.  It messes with fuel tank quantities.

Currently the new texture switch is retro-ported onto the mod by Interstellar FuelSwitch (A lot of legacy mods are using this function of Intersteller fuelswitch.  It was nice of them to put in.)

However, many visual materials (texture shader combinations) may stop working properly with these some of these new shader functions and the accompanying render pipeline changes. 

Edited by Ruedii

I'm staying on 1.5.1 forever due to things like this. Not to mention the bugs in 1.6 like z-fighting, the Unity regressions, etc and nothing really added by 1.6 that I didnt already have with KER.