[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

Hey Necro, I'm getting a freeze on loading with all of your mods: Fuel Tanks Plus, Space Y, Real Scale Boosters, etc. I have MM updated to 2.6.23. IFS is 1.24.

As MM is patching mods on the loading screen, it freezes everytime it hits one of yours. The game itself does not freeze, but it stops loading.

With Fuel Tanks Plus, the exact mod if freezes on is "FuelTanksPlus/Size0/TPdecoupler0m/TPdecoupler0m". Maybe that can help us track down what's going on here?

It is definitely seems to be something common to all yours though as it is happening with yours only. Sorry to cause a headache, and if there's any more specific info you need that would help, I'll happily provide!

38 minutes ago, Guernica said:

Hey Necro, I'm getting a freeze on loading with all of your mods: Fuel Tanks Plus, Space Y, Real Scale Boosters, etc. I have MM updated to 2.6.23. IFS is 1.24.

As MM is patching mods on the loading screen, it freezes everytime it hits one of yours. The game itself does not freeze, but it stops loading.

With Fuel Tanks Plus, the exact mod if freezes on is "FuelTanksPlus/Size0/TPdecoupler0m/TPdecoupler0m". Maybe that can help us track down what's going on here?

It is definitely seems to be something common to all yours though as it is happening with yours only. Sorry to cause a headache, and if there's any more specific info you need that would help, I'll happily provide!

Guernica, it will be much easier if you can provide a link to your ksp.log file (google drive or dropbox are good examples of where you can upload it). Additionally, as most users of Necro's mods are not having the issue you describe, there may be some conflict with other mods. Providing information about the mods installed, the way you installed them (and where you downloaded them from), the way your GameData folder is arranged, etc. can all help narrow down the issue.

I'm using CKAN to install/update mods.

Here's the link to my ksp.log

This is the exported list of mods from CKAN

I love necros' work. Don't want to make it seem like I'm accusing. It's probably one of the mods I've not tried before, so after I post this, I'm gonna delete all, install Necro's first, and then add until I hit a bump.

Edit: No... I'm a noob. I deleted the Squad folder... *holds head down in shame*

Edited by Guernica
oops

@Guernica I'm not really sure what's going on in your log. It never seems to get to a point of loading the FTP parts, and instead ModuleManager appears to be deleting most of the configs from FTP. It throws some errors with missing assets with RPM, and moves on to loading contracts. So the fact that an FTP part is mentioned right before the hang is probably misleading. I think there's some sort of mod conflict going on, but I'm not sure where you should look. Something is telling it not to load all of the FTP stuff. My other mods also don't appear to get loaded, so they're either skipped, or it's dying before it gets to them. Also, are you sure all of those other mods are 1.1 compatible? CKAN *should* do a good job of checking that, but since 1.1 is pretty new, some of the mods might also be buggy.

On 26-1-2015 at 2:32 AM, NecroBones said:

Right now they preserve the stock balance by maintaining the same ratios as the stock tanks in those diameters. That is, the 1.25m and 2.5m tanks maintain the 1:9 ratio, and the 3.75m tanks are based on the KD S3-14400, and have a ratio of 8.2:1.

Notice that IFS 1.24 now properly support the use of scaling with a different scaling exponent that the default 3. You can schieve this by setting tweakscale to a custom scale and set massExponent to another value than 3. This allows you to maintain stock balance but still be able to rescale to any supported size.

Edited by FreeThinker

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

Notice that IFS 1.24 now properly support the use of scaling with a differet groth factor that the default 3. You can schieve this by setting tweakscale to a custom scale and set massExponent to another value than 3. This allows you to maintain stock balance but still be able to rescale

The good news is that the stock tanks were all adjusted to have the same mass ratios a while back, and so now all of mine match that. So wonderfully easy.  :) (note that the discussion about that was more than a year ago).

6 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

The good news is that the stock tanks were all adjusted to have the same mass ratios a while back, and so now all of mine match that. So wonderfully easy.  :) (note that the discussion about that was more than a year ago).

Oh well. I still Personally, I like to use a different exponent than 3  for Highly Cryogenic tanks, which insulation becomes less the bigger the tank becomes

Edited by FreeThinker

Just now, FreeThinker said:

Oh well. I still Personally, I like to use a different exponent than 3 do it for Highly Cryogenic tanks, which insulation becomes less the bigger the tank becomes

Yeah, that could be really cool for some of the realism patches and the like. Nice.

On 4/25/2016 at 8:55 AM, NecroBones said:

@Guernica I'm not really sure what's going on in your log. It never seems to get to a point of loading the FTP parts, and instead ModuleManager appears to be deleting most of the configs from FTP. It throws some errors with missing assets with RPM, and moves on to loading contracts. So the fact that an FTP part is mentioned right before the hang is probably misleading. I think there's some sort of mod conflict going on, but I'm not sure where you should look. Something is telling it not to load all of the FTP stuff. My other mods also don't appear to get loaded, so they're either skipped, or it's dying before it gets to them. Also, are you sure all of those other mods are 1.1 compatible? CKAN *should* do a good job of checking that, but since 1.1 is pretty new, some of the mods might also be buggy.

Sorry, Necro, I figured it out. Deleting the Squad folder was the culprit. I first tried installing your mods only and that did not work. I then looked in the GameData folder and to my horror, find the Squad folder missing. I must have deleted by mistake when I deleted everything from the folder after the 1.1 update.

10 hours ago, Guernica said:

Sorry, Necro, I figured it out. Deleting the Squad folder was the culprit. I first tried installing your mods only and that did not work. I then looked in the GameData folder and to my horror, find the Squad folder missing. I must have deleted by mistake when I deleted everything from the folder after the 1.1 update.

Wow, great, glad you have it figured out. Yeah, that would certainly break things. :)

23 minutes ago, StevieC said:

Might you be able/willing to add an option to select the mesh from this mod for the X200-48 fuel-tank?

ruJvxvp.png

I may have to think on that one. Part of the whole point in FTP was to extend the CCC art style, and get away from the "steel drum" thing. :)

1 hour ago, NecroBones said:

Update to permit use of B9PartSwitch for the color switching:

1.8.2 (2016-04-28) - Mesh switching compatibility
 - Added support for B9PartSwitch. Firespitter and InterstellarFuelSwitch still work too, of course.

Cool! What is the behavior if you have all of the above installed?

Love this mod by the way!

1 hour ago, JedTech said:

Cool! What is the behavior if you have all of the above installed?

Love this mod by the way!

Right now it'll still try to use IFS preferentially for fuel switching, which it turns off if CryoEngines is installed, since CryoEngines will re-add fuel switching via B9. I'm still playing around with fuel switching configs, but later I expect it to work more like the color-switching:

For the mesh/color switching, it'll pick one of the three mods, preferred in this order: B9, IFS, FS (easiest way to set up the logic).

Updated. Note that it looks like IFS is having issues with 1.1.1. (EDIT: IFS is fine. My test was bad)

1.8.3 (2016-04-29) - Hotfix + Tweaks.
 - Various small clean-ups in the fuel-switching config.
 - Fixed a mistake in 1.8.2 that was preventing InterstellarFuelSwitch integration from working correctly.
 - Started on FuelSwitch compatibility with B9PartSwitch, currently mixed module configuration.

regarding clean up of your config file, I did a little inspection and it can use some more cleaning.

volumeMultiplier:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = 1
massMultiplier:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = 1

volumeMultiplier and massMultiplier are obsolete as config settings, they are automaticly claculated now, so no need to include hem in any config.

Also note, IFS now contains the propery baseResourceMassDivider , which effectively allows you to give all tanks automatically the same WetMass/DryMass fraction, like stock maintains

5 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

volumeMultiplier and massMultiplier are obsolete as config settings, they are automaticly claculated now, so no need to include hem in any config.

Also note, IFS now contains the propery baseResourceMassDivider , which effectively allows you to give all tanks automatically the same WetMass/DryMass fraction, like stock maintains

OK cool, I can take out the obsolete settings. How does baseResourceMassDivider work exactly? Is it overriding the dry mass based on the fuel capacity?

1 minute ago, NecroBones said:

OK cool, I can take out the obsolete settings. How does baseResourceMassDivider work exactly? Is it overriding the dry mass based on the fuel capacity?

No, it is backward compatible, it will simply add all mass modifiers.

Drymass = basePartMass + tankMass + ((resource.MaxAmount * resource.density) / baseResourceMassDivider )

4 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

No, it is backward compatible, it will simply add all mass modifiers.

Drymass = basePartMass + tankMass + ((resource.MaxAmount * resource.density) / baseResourceMassDivider )

Oh, OK cool. Thanks!

5 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Greetings!  I have a question about this mod's listing on CKAN, and I was directed here.

This mod is listed, recently, as being manually-confirmed as compatible with v1.1.1 (which is a change from 24 hours ago).  However, when I attempt to select this mod for install on an install of KSP v1.1.1 with a handful of only confirmed-compatible CKAN-managed mods, I get the following error:

uE4Nun4.png

Attempts to locate InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core or any keyword permutation thereof yields no joy, including turning off all mod filters and instead searching "all" repository-listed mods regardless of KSP version.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Howdy!  I've already posted the above at the end of the Colorful Fuel Lines release thread.  I'm experiencing this same issue with this mod, now.  I'm slogging through troubleshooting a new install of v1.1.1 with mods-from-scratch through CKAN, and I suppose if I hit this again, I can consolidate my reports somewhere if you tell me the preferred location.

Anyway, I report the following screensnips:

LHpgBuI.png

fTcZUYs.png

Any advice?

52 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@MisterFisterYou should be asking your question on the CKAN forum. btw, you can always download the latest version on IFS (inclusing 1.1.1) from either Curse or Spacedock

Note to @FreeThinker: I typed ALL of this below before glancing at your signature line and discovering you are the developer of IFS.  I intend to visit your thread now, then, because I'd presumed (recklessly) that @NecroBones developed both, which is somewhat implied by the notations on CKAN but not explicitly stated.  I'll ask here if you plan to host IFS-Core on CKAN, and if that becomes a drawn out discussion I'll happily visit that mod's thread.

Well, the question of mod dependencies and other info that comes from the metadata file (or errors within that metadata itself) are questions that the CKAN thread advises us to ask the mod developer / submitter.  Beyond that, the CKAN-related troubleshooting considerations very highly lend toward choosing to run all-manual, or all-CKAN.  Running a handful of oddball mods either way (heavily manual-modded but a handful of CKAN-managed mods, or heavily CKAN-modded with a small, number of manual mods) is often something a user can get away with, but large numbers of mods from both categories is troublesome because of how CKAN tracks folders that it "owns" for purposes of backtracking, uninstalling, update versioning, etc.

I'm willing to go download the mod manually if I have to, but the fact that this mod is listed on CKAN (I'm led to understand that mods are not often "listed accidentally" and that someone actually submitted it for repository listing, and filled out a metadata file to do it) implies to me that this mod author would need to know about this metadata mismatch.  It's not unheard of for a mod to be third-party submitted, and that's not a violation of most distribution licenses I don't think, and if this were the case here then of course I'd run off and worry about the mod manually without bothering the mod author.

That said, the metadata for this mod and a few others are specifically calling for a dependency here.  It's not calling for dependency to a mod that's listed but hasn't itself been updated to KSP v1.1.1 (what I think might be known as a "secondary version mismatch" or something) but it's listing to a prerequisite mod that's not listed at all, at any KSP version.  That's a very uncommon circumstance in my experience with CKAN, and this mod author is exactly the person I need to report that to unless the mod author him- or herself replies otherwise.  It means either that these mods were uploaded without the mod author's knowledge; the mods were submitted with flawed metadata, and a simple re-upload of each mod with corrected metadata for each mod will fix the issue; the mods were correctly uploaded with valid metadata but the prerequisite mod had some sort of issue, including the possibility that it was corrupted during upload or that someone neglected to upload it at all; the mod author, for whatever reason, intended to remove the prerequisite mod and hasn't followed up, or hasn't finished by also removing the other mods that call for it as a dependency; or else the prerequisite mod was properly uploaded at some point but has since been removed unintentionally, also an unusual circumstance.  That last item would be unusual because CKAN is designed to be a rolling archive -- deprecated and obsolete versions of mods, still compatible with obsolete versions of KSP, are still available through CKAN.  For example, if someone wanted to install v0.90 and design a modlist around that, any CKAN-listed mods from back then that were compatible with that KSP version would still be available for download and CKAN-management.  Unanticipated removal of any mod, prerequisite or otherwise, is not a normal occurrence.

Also, CKAN and Spacedock are rather notably integrated.  My own estimate is that more than half of all CKAN-listed mods are hosted and downloaded from Spacedock anyway, and CKAN is simply a repository index manager.

Edited by MisterFister
noticed your signature, that you develop IFS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.