Do you feel KSP is ready for 1.0?

Do you think KSP is ready for 1.0?  

954 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think KSP is ready for 1.0?

• Yes
    • No

If they properly balance everything, then quite frankly, as far as I can tell it's ready. I see no glaring super-bugs, only minor quibbles for the most part. If they've got the tutorials properly updated, then the game will be just fine. Plenty of far more successful games with far nastier glitches and bugs than KSP.

Ever installed a whole bunch of mods? or made a giant space station?

To be honest with you, with the amount of stuff planned for the next update (so much I am worried how many mods I will be able to use) maybe it will be ready. They are planning to optimize the parts, the economic system, implement a new aero system that may or may not be up to your standards, add resources, new wings, female kerbals, and probably an absolutely insane amount of bug fixing. Unity 5 is a thing that concerns me quite a bit, but it could be changed over later. If they are going to release it they are going to have to fix pretty much every bug in existence and the ones that are created in the addition of new features besides the small ones. If they o somehow manage to accomplish al of this perfectly in one update, than I believe it is ready for beta.

As for the reviewers the game is probably going to get bad reviews anyways because of the so-called learning wall and people will not learn how to play. However maybe the only thing missing from a full release would be a full and fleshed out tutorial system.

Absolutely not. I love KSP to death, but it puts me in mortal pain to say it is a buggy, featureless, sometimes under-developed mess. Let's face it: career mode is still pretty "meh." Many features exist but hardly mean a thing (Strategies). Science makes no sense, and is as tedious as it is boring. We need, at least, one or two more updates before KSP can actually look like a 1.0, hopefully sometime after Unity 5.

N2O how is it you play at all? You said in the other thread it crashes every 15 minutes. On stock, mine locked up a couple times in the VAB switching mirroring on a part, but other than that... Never crashes.

not saying hours doesn't, but I'm not seeing floods of posts about instability. Heavily modded mine will crash above 3G. RAM usage, though. Certainly needs to be optimized, but you seem to be an outlier reliability wise. What gives?

objectively, the career mode is the worst bit, IMHO.

I voted no on the poll, btw.

Edited by tater

I would have liked to see a few more beta releases, sounds like they are cleaning up many of the current issues though.

Would have been nice to see Unity 5 and 64bit support, as well as multi core support.

Pretty much. Though, as I have pointed out there have been zero beta releases. A few more is an understatement.

It makes no difference to me!

1. I already own the game

2. I'm having a TON of fun in .90

3. They are adding a ton of cool features for 1.0

4. Their next version is going to be even MORE fun than the current version

5. The code will be the same regardless of whether they slap a 1.0 label or a .91 label on it.

6. They're going to continue patching the game after 1.0

Maybe it makes a difference to someone considering buying the game, maybe it makes a difference to reviewers, but it makes absolutely no difference to ME. I'm going to play the next update and I'm going to love it. DEEP SPACE REFUELING IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

poll lacks neutral option.

I felt this subject was something a person would be much less likely to be on the fence over. I may have been wrong about that, but maybe the two options could help those people to pick a side?

EDIT:

@Kasper: Next best option is to edit the OP of the merged thread to include the quote and link and such.

Sorry squad but shouldn't you at least address some of the major issues before coming out of beta?

Can't agree with you there. Those game are the worst of the worst: bad design down to the core, so buggy that they're unplayable, not fun, etc. KSP is none of that, even four updates ago. The game is not all it can be, but 1.0 was never to be that point. The last update would be. For a new player KSP is a good and fun package.

Ever installed a whole bunch of mods? or made a giant space station?

Yeah.

It's kind of ASSUMED that when you start doing crazy edge outlier stuff like heavily modding your game that things will start breaking. Any game will when you start heavily modding it. And 'giant space station' only starts running into issues in the thousands of parts for me. Those aren't 'major stability issues'. You start making calls for 'major stability issues' when certain part combinations in STOCK cause the game to crash on a regular basis. Combinations that a normal person will encounter quickly. Or '200 part rockets explodinate' without cause, or other major things that cause regular crashes every 10-30 minutes in the normal course of an average player, not the edge cases of crazy people on the forum like you and me. And even with all of the stuff we do, there are a couple of ways to get things going nicer that won't take a miracle like 'Unity 5 arrives', like spending time working on Directx 11 proper integration. I say KSP is ready, especially now that they're filling out the content.

I'd like MORE content, like GP2 or some more contract types, but I'm pretty content with what we have.

Heck, I'd say KSP is in a better state than Minecraft was at 1.0

Anyone has tried any other new game lately? I mean, Sims 4 got 2 free updates for basic features after the launch that were there in the three previous ones, Battlefield 4 still has issues with balancing and netcode... every single game is released plenty of bugs and lacking featutes, not only EA ones. KSP stands pretty well agaisnt that sad reality as it is, I think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.