[1.0.x] CrewQueue - Crew Rotation and Vacations

enneract

• 2 weeks later...

So KCT integration doesn't appear to be working very well - the Kerb in question moves to the bottom of the list on the crew selection screen, but you can still put them on board even with "allow crew members who are on vacation" turned off.

So KCT integration doesn't appear to be working very well - the Kerb in question moves to the bottom of the list on the crew selection screen, but you can still put them on board even with "allow crew members who are on vacation" turned off.

Well, I was pretty sure it didn't actually work :D I wrote it in about 10 minutes with minimal testing, and never got the chance to go back and verify it.

I'm going to be revisiting this with 1.0. Too much on my plate IRL to deal with it right now. :(

Edited by enneract

• 2 weeks later...

Any thought to KAC integration or "contract" notifications (the notification tab that bugs you about completed contracts and failed contracts... i forgot what it's called)... Figure set alarms for when kerbals return from vacation or have those notifications pop up for when they return. Would help from "constantly" checking the astronaut facility.

Any thought to KAC integration or "contract" notifications (the notification tab that bugs you about completed contracts and failed contracts... i forgot what it's called)... Figure set alarms for when kerbals return from vacation or have those notifications pop up for when they return. Would help from "constantly" checking the astronaut facility.

Beautiful. On the to-do list.

Compatibility with ship manifest and kerbal construction time are my huge requests. This would make for a perfect career mode. Thanks!

KCT compatibility has been reported to work, but I am going to be taking another pass at it when KCT gets an official 1.0 release.

Ship Manifest is compatible. Ship Manifest's renaming hack is not compatible, and is probably not a good idea to use (for a few different reasons). I'm going to fix the whole 'crash if you use that hack', though.

I plan on using this with FinalFrontier. Here is hoping the bugs are small ones :wink:

Please please please report bugs you run into with that combo. I've gotten a couple of feedback saying there are some, but I can't repro them.

I like it but as far as time and resources go, you can always fast-forwards until they return, you can still always send Jeb, Bill and Bob. Time in the game is infinite, there are valuable aspects like launch windows that proper planning gives an extra emotional boost to, but perhaps a bit of expiration could go a long ways as well? Some people love life-support, so perhaps another function could be a shelf-life on your Kerbals. Perhaps after 40 years they retire. Perhaps this is one of those other modules you spoke of.

Edited by Hyomoto

Definitely needs someone to report back everything plays nice with final Frontier. So if Dresta, or anyone else can swing by here and report. I'll give this a shot again. Otherwise I may just need to volunteer for the bugfinding team ;)

Definitely needs someone to report back everything plays nice with final Frontier. So if Dresta, or anyone else can swing by here and report. I'll give this a shot again. Otherwise I may just need to volunteer for the bugfinding team ;)

I honestly think that the FF bug doesn't exist. I don't see how it could exist, code-wise, and I can't repro it...

Got a few hours in with a new career, no issues with FF yet. Seems to work fine right now, and I'm glad to have this mod.

Haven't use CrewQueue before and don't know what the issue was between it and Final Frontier, but so far they seem to be working okay for me.

Having said that, I am getting an exception in the log. It doesn't seem to be causing an issue that I can see, though: https://www.dropbox.com/s/77rbgptkrkvtjub/output_log.txt?dl=0

Oh, those. Yea, there are a few frames when entering the editor that those exceptions might be thrown. Shouldn't do anything, though. Next version will suppress them

Edited by enneract

Getting some bug but I haven't tracked it down. Modded install.

1. NewGame some or all kerbals start in vacation (couple times it was 2-4 with 7 days... couple of times it was 2 kerbals but 1200days)

2. Kerbals on vacation disapearing (no longer on any of the rosters... active,lost, etc)

I've had these happen more then once but like I said, I haven't narrowed it down yet.

Edit

Ran Beta2 on a clean install of Kerbal and I'm getting kerbals dissapearing.

Career Mode

Fly Jeb on basic starting flight Finish and return to space center

Jeb is on vacation

Run another flight with a different kerbal (I select a different kerbal from the one autofilled)

Fly the flight... (not sure if it matters) I jump the guy out onto the launch pad and end flight from the Kerbal

Jeb has disappeared from the roster. (all three)

Vacation days are also persisting on different New Games and stacking (Jeb has 16 days vacation on a new game after being flown on two other saved games)

Edited by SaSquatch

Getting some bug but I haven't tracked it down. Modded install.

1. NewGame some or all kerbals start in vacation (couple times it was 2-4 with 7 days... couple of times it was 2 kerbals but 1200days)

2. Kerbals on vacation disapearing (no longer on any of the rosters... active,lost, etc)

I've had these happen more then once but like I said, I haven't narrowed it down yet.

Edit

Ran Beta2 on a clean install of Kerbal and I'm getting kerbals dissapearing.

Career Mode

Fly Jeb on basic starting flight Finish and return to space center

Jeb is on vacation

Run another flight with a different kerbal (I select a different kerbal from the one autofilled)

Fly the flight... (not sure if it matters) I jump the guy out onto the launch pad and end flight from the Kerbal

Jeb has disappeared from the roster. (all three)

Do you have any other mods installed? Is anyone disappearing from the roster in the astronaut complex, or just the launch window\editor?

Can you post your output log after replicating the bug? And possibly send me a saved game?

Vacation days are also persisting on different New Games and stacking (Jeb has 16 days vacation on a new game after being flown on two other saved games)

Oh, I know exactly what is causing that. Will fix.