[1.0.x] CrewQueue - Crew Rotation and Vacations

enneract

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked before (I went back 5 pages), but is there any chance you can integrate with Kerbal Alarm Clock to set a (configurable) alarm for when a Kerbal is coming back from vacation? Extraplanetary Launchpads did this and it was so, so nice.

A very interesting mod. Thank you for making it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a cool mod, nice work. Being "encouraged" to hire and make use of other Kerbals is great. I likely wouldn't, if I didn't lose 'em, otherwise. But what exactly is the Base Vacation Rate % stat about?

@Doslidnyk: I -guess- the Base Vacation Rate is about how much each kerbal stays in vacation. If 10% is the value set, then your kerbals will stay 10% of the total mission duration. I also guess this would be measured in seconds.

Edited by Kowgan

• 1 month later...
Yes. I'm working on [KCT compatibility] literally right now :\

I love the idea of this mod, and as with the others I'm interested in using it with KCT. I'll be using it without KCT for now, but thought I would see if you had made any progress on getting the two to work together.

• 2 weeks later...
@Doslidnyk: I -guess- the Base Vacation Rate is about how much each kerbal stays in vacation. If 10% is the value set, then your kerbals will stay 10% of the total mission duration. I also guess this would be measured in seconds.

Right on the money. If this is unclear, care to suggest another description?

Sorry if this has been asked before (I went back 5 pages), but is there any chance you can integrate with Kerbal Alarm Clock to set a (configurable) alarm for when a Kerbal is coming back from vacation? Extraplanetary Launchpads did this and it was so, so nice.

A very interesting mod. Thank you for making it! :)

Yea, KAC integration is going to happen. I keep procrastinating about this and KCT.

I'm back-ish, btw, expect some updates soon.

I have a few quick questions about this mod: A. How well does this work in sandbox? B. Would it behave the same way it would in science or career?

It sounds like something that would be nice to have. Burnt out astronauts are a very bad thing, especially if they are literally burnt out. You know, sticking their heads under an RT-10 and roasting themselves.

I have a few quick questions about this mod: A. How well does this work in sandbox? B. Would it behave the same way it would in science or career?

It sounds like something that would be nice to have. Burnt out astronauts are a very bad thing, especially if they are literally burnt out. You know, sticking their heads under an RT-10 and roasting themselves.

It works exactly the same in sandbox.

I am waiting with bated breath to use this in my KCT install.

My intention is not to pressure you, but to let you know that such an update will be received with great rejoicing.

:)

:)

Sorry it is taking so long. Lots of stuff going on, hard to work up the willpower to work on things.

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance anyone else would contribute to get this at least compatible with KCT we have waited so long and hear time and time again that work is being done, well github still has no new commits so unless all the work is hidden on a home computer progress really isn't happening . Don't want to be negative, but I would love to actually use the mod and maybe before the next major update so it could be used while mods are being updated. If the author is unable or unwilling to continue just state it that would be better than feeling led on. That way too maybe someone would feel more comfortable to step in and help/take over.

Edited by Svm420

Any chance anyone else would contribute to get this at least compatible with KCT we have waited so long and hear time and time again that work is being done, well github still has no new commits so unless all the work is hidden on a home computer progress really isn't happening . Don't want to be negative, but I would love to actually use the mod and maybe before the next major update so it could be used while mods are being updated. If the author is unable or unwilling to continue just state it that would be better than feeling led on. That way too maybe someone would feel more comfortable to step in and help/take over.

A few things. I dont resent your comments, and feel that I should clarify some things.

All my mods are released under the MIT license, and I accept PRs on github. This means anyone is welcome to not only contribute to the mod, but to completely fork it at any time.

I'm pretty unable to commit much time to KSP modding right now. Between school and other obligations, I have very little time, and even less willpower. I plan on coming back to work on my mods more, and occasionally get a couple hours in here and there. On that note, I'll make a point to commit my progress to git more frequently.

All of that said; the changes that need to be made for KCT compatibility are actually within KCT. That isn't to say it is KCT's author's responsibility to implement them, just... Being clear for anyone who wants to try it themselves.

A few things. I dont resent your comments, and feel that I should clarify some things.

All my mods are released under the MIT license, and I accept PRs on github. This means anyone is welcome to not only contribute to the mod, but to completely fork it at any time.

I'm pretty unable to commit much time to KSP modding right now. Between school and other obligations, I have very little time, and even less willpower. I plan on coming back to work on my mods more, and occasionally get a couple hours in here and there. On that note, I'll make a point to commit my progress to git more frequently.

All of that said; the changes that need to be made for KCT compatibility are actually within KCT. That isn't to say it is KCT's author's responsibility to implement them, just... Being clear for anyone who wants to try it themselves.

Thanks for the post :). Glad I didn't offend I didn't intend to. The concept is such a great one I just really want to see it come to be.

What do I need to do? I've mostly left it up to you since you've done a couple things on KCT's side to add support, but then went back and changed how you were doing it. I'll gladly add it in, I just wasn't aware that I should be looking into it.

At this point even a hacky method of support is probably better than no support at all. When we both find the time to do something more proper, we can do that, but for now I'd like to try to add at least something basic.

• 3 months later...
On 10/7/2015 at 0:27 PM, magico13 said:

What do I need to do? I've mostly left it up to you since you've done a couple things on KCT's side to add support, but then went back and changed how you were doing it. I'll gladly add it in, I just wasn't aware that I should be looking into it.

At this point even a hacky method of support is probably better than no support at all. When we both find the time to do something more proper, we can do that, but for now I'd like to try to add at least something basic.

CQ provides a different crew roster list. You just need to detect when CQ is installed and use that list instead of the vanilla one.

7 minutes ago, enneract said:

CQ provides a different crew roster list. You just need to detect when CQ is installed and use that list instead of the vanilla one.

Sounds easy enough and looking into the source it doesn't seem like it'd be too tough to grab through reflection. I'll try to add it into the next update to KCT. I've got a few bug fixes I'm working on, but work's been busy.

11 hours ago, magico13 said:

Sounds easy enough and looking into the source it doesn't seem like it'd be too tough to grab through reflection. I'll try to add it into the next update to KCT. I've got a few bug fixes I'm working on, but work's been busy.

The wrapper class should handle the reflection for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say that I love the idea of playing with both CrewQueue and KCT, and you both do great work. I literally cannot wait until they are compatible, don't want to push, but just like the others express my sincerity and encouragement!

Do we have an idea of how close we are to this?

(PS I just created on account on the forums just to post these. Keep up the good work!)

18 hours ago, Adriayn said:

I just want to say that I love the idea of playing with both CrewQueue and KCT, and you both do great work. I literally cannot wait until they are compatible, don't want to push, but just like the others express my sincerity and encouragement!

Do we have an idea of how close we are to this?

(PS I just created on account on the forums just to post these. Keep up the good work!)

I've been rather busy lately so I haven't gotten a chance to do any testing, but just looking over the code it seems like KCT should already be working with CrewQueue. If it isn't, let me know and I'll try to find some time this week to test it out. All I should need to change, if anything, are a few method calls being done through reflection, which isn't too hard to do usually.

• 4 weeks later...
@PART[Large_Crewed_Lab]:FOR[CrewQ]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
	{
		crewComposition = Scientist
	}
}

@PART[Mark1Cockpit]:FOR[CrewQ]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
	{
		crewComposition = Pilot
	}
}

@PART[Mark2Cockpit]:FOR[CrewQ]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
	{
		crewComposition = Pilot
	}
}

One thing we could work on is the stock and third party crew selection for parts.

Mark1-2Pod = Pilot

landerCabinSmall = Pilot

mk1pod = Pilot

mk2Cockpit_Inline = Pilot

mk2Cockpit_Standard = Pilot

mk2LanderCabin = Pilot

mk3Cockpit_Shuttle = Pilot

cupola = Pilot

Spoiler

@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:AFTER[CrewQ]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
    {
        crewComposition = Pilot
    }
}

@PART[landerCabinSmall]:AFTER[CrewQ]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
    {
        crewComposition = Pilot
    }
}

@PART[mk1pod]:AFTER[CrewQ]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
    {
        crewComposition = Pilot
    }
}

@PART[mk2Cokpit_Inline]:AFTER[CrewQ]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
    {
        crewComposition = Pilot
    }
}

@PART[mk2Cockpit_Standard]:AFTER[CrewQ]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
    {
        crewComposition = Pilot
    }
}

@PART[mk2LanderCabin]:AFTER[CrewQ]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
    {
        crewComposition = Pilot
    }
}

@PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]:AFTER[CrewQ]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
    {
        crewComposition = Pilot
    }
}

@PART[cupola]:AFTER[CrewQ]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleCrewQ]
    {
        crewComposition = Pilot
    }
}

I hope that I just skipped the general crew cabins, so that should be all stock parts. Hmm, might be a better way to catch all parts that should favor pilots, except there is always a ton of modders making mistakes so general Module Manager configurations tend to lead to unexpected results as someone is bound to create a messed up part.

I only have USI Kolonization installed that has tons of parts that favors certain crew, so that's next on my todo list, it has parts that prefers engineers or scientists and one pilot part. If only I could remember what part like what crew it would just be a matter of looking up the part names.

[LOG 06:51:48.399] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CrewQueue' from assembly 'CrewQueue'
[ERR 06:51:48.400] Script error: OnLevelWasLoaded
This message parameter has to be of type: 
The message will be ignored.

[LOG 06:51:48.401] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'AppLauncher' from assembly 'CrewQueue'

Really Squad... of type "nothing", great error message...

[LOG 06:58:10.888] [CelestialBody]: Kerbin's solar day length is 1d, 0h, 0m long. sidereal day length is 5h, 59m, 9s long
[WRN 06:58:11.273] HighlightingSystem : Framebuffer depth data is not available and can't be used to occlude highlighting. Highlighting occluders enabled.
[EXC 06:58:12.373] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    CrewQueue.CrewQueueRoster.RestoreVacationingCrew ()
    CrewQueue.CrewQueue.OnLevelWasLoaded (GameScenes scene)
    EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
    HighLogic+.MoveNext ()
[LOG 06:58:12.465] [3/10/2016 6:58:12 AM][DEBUG][FingerboxLib.Interface._onGameSceneLoadRequested][Entering Method.]
[WRN 06:58:12.466] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From LOADING to MAINMENU =====================

[LOG 06:58:40.496] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Contract Configurator 1.9.8 finished loading.
[EXC 06:58:41.037] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    CrewQueue.CrewQueueRoster.RestoreVacationingCrew ()
    CrewQueue.CrewQueue.OnLevelWasLoaded (GameScenes scene)
    EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
    HighLogic+.MoveNext ()
[LOG 06:58:41.190] [EVAManager] Added module ModuleTweakableEVA to kerbalEVA_RD (Part).

Haven't even loaded a savegame yet at this point, I hope the issue is that CrewQ tries to do stuff before it should and not actually an issue in game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2016 at 6:07 PM, magico13 said:

I've been rather busy lately so I haven't gotten a chance to do any testing, but just looking over the code it seems like KCT should already be working with CrewQueue. If it isn't, let me know and I'll try to find some time this week to test it out. All I should need to change, if anything, are a few method calls being done through reflection, which isn't too hard to do usually.

I can confirm that CrewQueue is not working with KCT.

For about the 2 weeks that I do remember them working (back in the day) - I seem to remember that Kerbals would just disappear off of the KCT load crew dialog when on vacation. That is no longer happening, and I get Jeb immediately available to load, despite him being on vacation.

Edited by severedsolo

• 1 month later...