Whats your favorite NASA Mission

Tristonwilson12

Well, you beat me to it, because I'd have picked the same. But I'd also go with Shepard's and Glenn's flights, the excitement of the 'beginning'. I'm also a big fan of the Voyager missions... as nobody ever expected them to last as long as they have, especially with the crude technology (by today's standards) used at the time.

Voyager 2. Granted, it was just flybys, but of 4 planets, and the first encounter for 2 of them. Plus there's the ongoing interstellar exploration aspect...

My favorite mission is 11

Pioneer? Gemini? STS? (okay, most likely Apollo, but...)

edit: Mariner 11 is hilariously appropriate.

Edited by UmbralRaptor

fine ESA....... UM...UM.....AH STAYPUTNIK?

- - - Updated - - -

or rosetta

- - - Updated - - -

ESA for me would be rosetta

Sputnik was whatever the communist tussian space program was called.

also Apollo 11 is the first or second most important momen in human history so far.

(after sputnik)

I am really looking forward to the pics from new horizons. I have a soft spot for pluto since he got demoted...

there getting pictures now!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Apollo 11 was pretty major but I gotta hand it to Apollo 13. While technically a failure, all the things they had to go through were amazing, and they did it. Props to them.

funny you say that, im watching apollo 13 now

Too many to choose from...

Well, freedom 7, explorer 1, Gemini, Cassini, Dawn, New Horizons, Apollo 11, Apollo 12, Apollo 13, (All other Apollos), Ares 3 (Oh wait. Who else gets it?), Oppy, Curiosity...

The list goes on. I should probably update my sig...

Apollo 12, because of the pinpoint landing, and how cool it is to land so close to another spacecraft and to bring stuff back.

Apollo 17, because the J missions were starting to get really in swing with the long duration EVAs, the SIM bay experiments, and the rovers.

Definitely Voyager, because it told us so much about our solar system.

Second in place maybe New Horizons ... because we finally will be able to see Yuggoth from near, the home planet of the Mi-Go

Either this, or Cassini-Huygens

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.