What Would You Like to See In KSP?

I was wondering what the KSP community wanted to see in KSP, this may include mods, Part Ideas, and well, whatever as long as it is appropriate.

What I would (personally) like to see is smaller probe parts (about 0.1 meters) in KSP, this means that there would be cubesat like satellites that would be able to be put on space stations, and shortly deployed after arrival.

So, what would you like to see?

Well.... up to 1.0 since it's the subject... I would prefer to have

First : No a rushed release.

Next :

- Reworked tech-tree (see that sticky)

- Less grindyness around Career

- some basic of antenna range (what their point right now ?)

- reworked jet-engine to go with the new stock-aero

- Reentry heat would be a nice bonus, if as said one Dev it would "be easy to cook" now.

A "campaign editor." For KSP, this would be a career editor. Then people could generate new career games others couple play.

You'd be able to set the currency/strategy/science/tech tree interactions and values. You'd be able to set the date (moving the planets around to that date) so that best windows might vary from stock in terms of days from first play.

You could create "stock" ships or subassemblies loaded by that career (say satellite payloads).

You could place craft anywhere in the Kerbol system.

Add a way to have the ability to add craft to the game based up date/contract/whatever hooks. Then you might create a rival program's stranded Duna mission at some point, and you get a contract to rescue them.

Stuff for bases and uses for them (Apart from being cool!)

I think they have actually a use as fuel depot and may get another one if resources are implemented - as space rafineries and (if you can harvest resources in space) as fuel factories.

But yes, new parts for them would be nice.

I think they have actually a use as fuel depot and may get another one if resources are implemented - as space rafineries and (if you can harvest resources in space) as fuel factories.

But yes, new parts for them would be nice.

sadly fuel harvest was announced to be a single part magiccreate fuel on asteroids so no bases will be built on that. as there is nothing to do on planets, as long as it doesnt change, there is no reason to have bases other than it looks cool...

sadly fuel harvest was announced to be a single part magiccreate fuel on asteroids so no bases will be built on that. as there is nothing to do on planets, as long as it doesnt change, there is no reason to have bases other than it looks cool...

Very sad... I exspected it would be something more Karbonite- or Kethane-like.

Now that Kerbals are specialized in 0.90 to be either Pilot, Engineer, or Scientist, I'd like a way to tell them apart when in flight. Maybe a different space suit for each class, or a label in the crew windows (lower right corner). That way I don't get my rover down to the planet only to realize I didn't bring an engineer along to fix that flat tire.

Also, how about a way for Kerbal's to get their experience upgrades without having to return to Kerbin? If my little green guys get experience from landing on a couple moons while exploring the far side of the solar system, it would be nice to have them upgraded without making the trip all the way back. What if they volunteer to stay on some other planet? How bout if they work on a space station for a year or so, shouldn't that count as experience too?

Now that Kerbals are specialized in 0.90 to be either Pilot, Engineer, or Scientist, I'd like a way to tell them apart when in flight. Maybe a different space suit for each class, or a label in the crew windows (lower right corner). That way I don't get my rover down to the planet only to realize I didn't bring an engineer along to fix that flat tire.

Also, how about a way for Kerbal's to get their experience upgrades without having to return to Kerbin? If my little green guys get experience from landing on a couple moons while exploring the far side of the solar system, it would be nice to have them upgraded without making the trip all the way back. What if they volunteer to stay on some other planet? How bout if they work on a space station for a year or so, shouldn't that count as experience too?

I also would like a little designation on the HUD as to which one is which: When you've got five guys on a base, it gets hard to tell who does what, because they all wear the same (well except for the Big 3) uniform.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.