Cowboy Bebop "Swordfish II" replica

HafCoJoe

I've just started watching Cowboy Bebop within the new year and after quickly falling in love with this ship and not seeing any new remakes, decided to take the challenge on myself. I hope you enjoy :):

Javascript is disabled. View full album

NOTICE: These pictures where done with hackgrav. This remake doesn't fly in atmosphere.

Download: Swordfish II.craft (dropbox)

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY ...

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I think you may have switched up the words "vacuum" and "atmosphere" there, joe. Good job, though!

No I meant that :P. These pics are with Hackgrav. :)

P.S. I sent you rep but I was wrong but you still deserve rep so hurrah! xD

Ok, thanks. Now you did it... now i have to undust the DVD collection and watch all the stuff again. Excellent replica by the way :)

I tried it myself, but i did not manage to build a real flying one. Still trying from time to time. :)

Nice, I enjoyed the anime quite a bit, even though I thought the ship design was rather awkward though lol

Not too surprising that such an accurate and thin replica can't fly..

Edited by RevanCorana

Thanks you all so much! Yeah the real thing wouldn't be able to fly (unless the gigantic gun weighed relatively equal to the massive engine). You all keep getting confused with my comments of Vacuum vs. Hackgravity! Or I'm doing a bad job of explaining (more likely). The replica will flip over backwards if it is in any form of atmosphere. Those pictures where taken with hack gravity enabled and gliding at about 30 m/s. It just falls without hackgrav. I've been flying it over at Minmus for kicks. Again check out the download if you want!

Sorry about the double post. I just feel it seems fit to bring this back up having just finished the last episode of Cowboy Bebop. It will be a while before I find a show as good.

Post#1420, time of 10:50pm (if you see this don't ask why I have no point :P)

Sorry about the double post. I just feel it seems fit to bring this back up having just finished the last episode of Cowboy Bebop. It will be a while before I find a show as good.

Post#1420, time of 10:50pm (if you see this don't ask why I have no point :P)

The creator of Bebop started another serie some years after (not sci fi) called samurai champloo, which is better animated imo (good swordfights) and 1 of the 2 the central character is sort of similar to Spike.

While you're taking recommendations, you may want to take a look at two in particular (if you haven't already):

* Planetes: Years in the future, regular commercial spaceflight is a reality; unfortunately, so is the Kessler Syndrome. After a spaceliner has a catastrophic run-in with a piece of space debris, some corporations start devoting assets to cleaning up anything that might be dangerous in the future, but it turns out that running a glorified waste collection agency is neither glamorous nor profitable. At the same time, some groups start wondering if humanity really belongs in space at all, and start taking steps to rectify the "problem"...

* Space Brothers / Uchuu Kyoudai: When they were younger, two Japanese brothers promised that one day they would both become astronauts and achieve their dreams together. Now, while the younger has gone on to pursue a career with JAXA, the other ended up joining the workforce and becoming an engineer for an automotive company. However, one day he gets an unexpected chance to pursue his dream once again... Also doubles as an intriguing look at what the Constellation program may have become if it had been allowed to go forward.

While you're taking recommendations, you may want to take a look at two in particular (if you haven't already):

* Planetes: Years in the future, regular commercial spaceflight is a reality; unfortunately, so is the Kessler Syndrome. After a spaceliner has a catastrophic run-in with a piece of space debris, some corporations start devoting assets to cleaning up anything that might be dangerous in the future, but it turns out that running a glorified waste collection agency is neither glamorous nor profitable. At the same time, some groups start wondering if humanity really belongs in space at all, and start taking steps to rectify the "problem"...

* Space Brothers / Uchuu Kyoudai: When they were younger, two Japanese brothers promised that one day they would both become astronauts and achieve their dreams together. Now, while the younger has gone on to pursue a career with JAXA, the other ended up joining the workforce and becoming an engineer for an automotive company. However, one day he gets an unexpected chance to pursue his dream once again... Also doubles as an intriguing look at what the Constellation program may have become if it had been allowed to go forward.

Thanks! I'll definitely write those down. Funny that you mentioned the Constellation program as I just finished up a YouTube series based off it. I'll have a big 15 minute cinematic/compilation of it done sometime next week. I'm hoping it catches the Daily Kerbal. Following in your line of shows to watch, I suggest you watch Robotech if you have the spare time. I can't say what era it came out but it's before my childhood I apparently have a thing with enjoying space-related franchises that came out way before my time :P (Original Homeworld, Star Control II). Oh the disadvantages of being 18 in the 20th century! :). I'll probably shoot you a message when the compilation goes up on YouTube. Thanks for the shows!

You sir are amazing.this is one of the best looking small crafts ive seen, when you remove the "cannon" and fill the tanks and put a tiny engine on it flies!!, untill the many control surfaces flip you into the ground, but none the less it works!!

You sir are amazing.this is one of the best looking small crafts ive seen, when you remove the "cannon" and fill the tanks and put a tiny engine on it flies!!, untill the many control surfaces flip you into the ground, but none the less it works!!

:o Sweet! If you want you can add some pictures here! I'd love to see what you did with it xD. Download too if you really want :P.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.