[DEV THREAD] REPOSoftTech - AmpYear Power Manager, Reserve Power , Ion RCS v0.18 23rd June 2015

JPLRepo

Should I continue with 'Cabin Craziness' Feature?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue with 'Cabin Craziness' Feature?

• Split it off into another mod
    • Keep going
    • Scrap it

It's not necessaily a mod, but these guys were talking about a sort of sanity mod here. It looks abandoned, but I wanted to talk to the OP and try to continue the mod myself utilizing this dude's calculations. :)

I've moved my reply to KabinKraziness thread here as this is related now to KabinKraziness, not AmpYear (i've split them into two mods)

• 2 weeks later...

Updated for KSP 1.0.0 see the OP. Will do some more updates and testing for new resources parts and will have to do an update once all the supported mods (such as KAS, RemoteTech, etc) are updated (currently not).

EDIT: only basic support has been added for new resource stock parts. Needs more work in this area.

a number of supported mods have been updated so will wait for most of them to update and will look to fix support for all the new electrical stock parts and other improvements that came with 1.0 in the coming week or so.

KabinKraziness also updated, see OP for link.

Edited by JPLRepo

I've been using fusebox for my power management needs but this mod seems to do things a bit better. I'd like to only use the power management aspects of the mod to keep memory usage down but I am intrigued by other parts of the mod.

I would be in favour of three distinct mods. One which does the craziness (not wanted for sure, maybe as part of a life support mod), one for the ION RCS (looks interesting but I'm trying to keep as stock as possible parts wise although I think I will give it a go), and one for the power management which seems very interesting and I would definitely use if it were a mod on it's own.

So my vote would be for three separate mods

I've been using fusebox for my power management needs but this mod seems to do things a bit better. I'd like to only use the power management aspects of the mod to keep memory usage down but I am intrigued by other parts of the mod.

I would be in favour of three distinct mods. One which does the craziness (not wanted for sure, maybe as part of a life support mod), one for the ION RCS (looks interesting but I'm trying to keep as stock as possible parts wise although I think I will give it a go), and one for the power management which seems very interesting and I would definitely use if it were a mod on it's own.

So my vote would be for three separate mods

I've answered this before. Not going to remove the parts from this mod. But nothing stopping you from doing so in your install.

Simply remove the \gamedata\REPOSoftTech\AmpYear\Parts folder. This will remove the RCS and Battery parts but still give you all the AmpYear functionality. You just won't have any reserve power except what is default reserve power stored in each command pod/probe core.

I've answered this before. Not going to remove the parts from this mod. But nothing stopping you from doing so in your install.

Simply remove the \gamedata\REPOSoftTech\AmpYear\Parts folder. This will remove the RCS and Battery parts but still give you all the AmpYear functionality. You just won't have any reserve power except what is default reserve power stored in each command pod/probe core.

Apologies for the repetition then. Like I said, the ION RCS looks quite interesting so I'll probably give it a go, especially as 1.0 seems a bit more forgiving as far as memory goes.

Just wanted to put my +1 extra to the poll.

Apologies for the repetition then. Like I said, the ION RCS looks quite interesting so I'll probably give it a go, especially as 1.0 seems a bit more forgiving as far as memory goes.

Just wanted to put my +1 extra to the poll.

Sure, not a problem. Was a pre-morning coffee response. You can remove any or all of the parts yourself if you don't want them... so remove the battery folders from the parts folder if you don't want them and only want the RCS, etc, or remove them all, or keep them all.

Z-1k Reserve Battery Bank (reserveBatteryBank) has an node attach problem:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1108553, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

shut be

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1108553, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

Z-1k Reserve Battery Bank (reserveBatteryBank) has an node attach problem:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1108553, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

shut be

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1108553, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

Yes, thanks. 1.0 has fixed and made attach nodes more rigorous. Already fixed for next update that I will release when other electrical charge mods are updated and I update for the new parts. Probably in the next week.

Yes, thanks. 1.0 has fixed and made attach nodes more rigorous. Already fixed for next update that I will release when other electrical charge mods are updated and I update for the new parts. Probably in the next week.

New version 0.15 includes fix for the Z-1k reserve battery attachment node and fix for log spam if you have wrong version of TACLS installed.

Also updated to support TACLS v0.11.1.20, AntennaRange v1.8, Near Future Solar v0.5.0

Still awaiting updates to: Near future electrical, KAS, RemoteTech, Interstellar, BTSM, RTKolonists.

If anyone wants a particular mod support to be added let me know. Support is only added for mods that contain ELECTRICAL CHARGE (EC) parts that use or produce EC, and are popular. As that's what this mod is about.

Just stumbled upon this thru ckan....I've been looking for something like this. I was almost about to write my own mod to get it as I feel some sort of loadshed type mod would be really helpful playing ksp. I work in the aerospace industry and load shedding programs are an integral part of designing, building and maintaining spacecraft. It always seemed silly and frustrating to me playing ksp and having no way to automate electrical management when going dark in eclipse only to lose sats because power failed.

Just stumbled upon this thru ckan....I've been looking for something like this. I was almost about to write my own mod to get it as I feel some sort of loadshed type mod would be really helpful playing ksp. I work in the aerospace industry and load shedding programs are an integral part of designing, building and maintaining spacecraft. It always seemed silly and frustrating to me playing ksp and having no way to automate electrical management when going dark in eclipse only to lose sats because power failed.

Excellent. Glad you like it. the load shedding functions are still basic, so open to any and all suggestions in that regard. currently, it shuts down lights, wheels, non-essential power consumers and activates solar panels automatically when low main power, and of course runs off reserve power if you have it on your ship. Or, you can manually transfer reserve power to main.

If you delete the last part of a craft in VAB the log gets spamed with NullReferenceException from you mod. After adding a part to the empty VAB the spam stops.

Tested with vanilla KSP 1.0.2 and only your mod installed (v0.15).

NullReferenceException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:get_name ()

at AY.AYController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou8kks1jp9vtdz4/output_log.zip?dl=0

If you delete the last part of a craft in VAB the log gets spamed with NullReferenceException from you mod. After adding a part to the empty VAB the spam stops.

Tested with vanilla KSP 1.0.2 and only your mod installed (v0.15).

NullReferenceException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:get_name ()

at AY.AYController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou8kks1jp9vtdz4/output_log.zip?dl=0

Ok thanks, I'll look into a fix but right now I am at work.

EDIT: Fix sorted, but will release when I have some more updates as the bug doesn't cause any problems with the mod, just log spam if you have no vessel loaded in the VAB, once you start building a vessel or load a vessel it stops.

Edited by JPLRepo

SCANsat v1.1.2.0 is installed:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
AY.AYController[FFD61D1E][898.74]: Wrong SCANsat library version - disabled.

SCANsat v1.1.2.0 is installed:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
AY.AYController[FFD61D1E][898.74]: Wrong SCANsat library version - disabled.

Yep thanks. I'm waiting for other mods to be updated to 1.0.x and I will do an update.

Currently they are: Near Future Electrical (think it might be already), KAS, RemoteTech (just saw it got updated today), ScanSAT (was updated couple of days ago).

that just leaves KAS, which I dunno is going to be udpated or not as KIS reigns supreme at the moment. I'll do an update later tonight. sometimes Real Life gets in the way.

Small changes - V0.16 published see OP - Fixed log spam in the Editor. Updated to support scanSAT v12 and Remote Tech 1.6.4.

Converted all textures to DDS for faster loading. Added KSP-AVC support.

Check your Uploads, there are old dll in it.

Yes, thanks. Change to my distribution process made for conversion to DDS texture formats, didn't actually work and distributed the old version in the ZIP file.

New version with the right DLL in the ZIP has now been published.

Was trying to find if this was already implemented by this mod with so luck, so feature request/question:

Simulated electricity drain by antennas on rails?

Was trying to find if this was already implemented by this mod with so luck, so feature request/question:

Simulated electricity drain by antennas on rails?

This is something everyone wants. Resource usage and/or now in 1.0 resource conversion etc on vessels that are on rails.

The game just doesn't support it. Sure you can simulate it like the life support mods, but they do it by hitting the vessel when you switch back to it. Not when it is on rails. There is another mod called background processing but again it's simulating/replicating the resource usage. It's a lot of work and Right now this mod does not support electrical charge usage for on rails or during high time warp. Because electrical charge was weird and flakey in .90 at high time warp. I haven't had time to check it out in 1.0.x yet. But I will, so high time warp, yes, on active vessel I would like to fix. but this mod doing resource usage for vessels on rails.. Not so sure. Once you d it for one part, why not all parts, etc. not sure how far I'd like to go down that rabbit hole. Why are you requesting this feature? Perhaps if I knew that would help me form an opinion.

Edited by JPLRepo

want to report a small bug i found. in ksp 1.0.2 if you put a command capsule and attach a battery to it. then open up the APM info panel then toss the command capsule and battery in the trash you get a never ending exception till you leave the VAB. thanks for the great mod and keep up the work.

want to report a small bug i found. in ksp 1.0.2 if you put a command capsule and attach a battery to it. then open up the APM info panel then toss the command capsule and battery in the trash you get a never ending exception till you leave the VAB. thanks for the great mod and keep up the work.

What version are you using? I fixed this bug in the latest version. Please check you have the latest version 0.16a from kerbalstuff. If you installed 0.16 you will still have the bug because I accidentally distributed the old 0.15 DLL in the 0.16 package but fixed it in the latest one you can download. See posts above. If you still have the error and are using the latest version please post a log.

I just wanted to thank you for resurrecting this mod! It was one of my favourite mods back in then, alongside with Ion Hybrid Electric Pack!

Just downloaded this, yet to try. I hope everything will work fine.

Thank you!