[DEV THREAD] REPOSoftTech - AmpYear Power Manager, Reserve Power , Ion RCS v0.18 23rd June 2015

JPLRepo

Should I continue with 'Cabin Craziness' Feature?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue with 'Cabin Craziness' Feature?

• Split it off into another mod
    • Keep going
    • Scrap it

Hmmm, worked good in test. Must be a mod conflict.

Is that all the mods you have installed? Can I ask you to supply a log file? even better, go into AmpYear menu in the spacecenter and turn on debugging, reproduce your vessel, error and then post a log? That would expedite debugging.

It's quite a list of mods, so I'll go do the debugging run first and report back.

EDIT: Huh. I am getting xenon and electrical flow from them... just no plume or sound. *shrugs* Oh, well. No worries, then.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

It's quite a list of mods, so I'll go do the debugging run first and report back.

EDIT: Huh. I am getting xenon and electrical flow from them... just no plume or sound. *shrugs* Oh, well. No worries, then.

It's got to be a mod conflict. So they are now working but no sounds or plume?

I am getting xenon and electrical flow from them... just no plume or sound.
Same issue here, no ModuleRCSFX even, and ofc no RCSSounds. I play without sound, and I see the plume only when translating forward. ModuleManager.cache entry looks like this:
UrlConfig {
name = AmpYearIONRCSBlock
type = PART
parentUrl = REPOSoftTech/AmpYear/Parts/ampYear5WayIonRCS/IONrcsBlock
url = REPOSoftTech/AmpYear/Parts/ampYear5WayIonRCS/IONrcsBlock/AmpYearIONRCSBlock
PART {
module = Part
author = NovaSilisko, JPLREPO
mesh = model.mu
scale = 0.1
node_attach = 0.45212, -0.0105571, -0.0059382, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0
TechRequired = ionPropulsion
entryCost = 5000
cost = 1200
category = Control
subcategory = 0
title = AmpYear RS-105 ION RCS Thruster Block
manufacturer = REPOSoft Technology
description = REPOSoft Technology engineers have now produced these small ION thrusters, to help with attitude control and linear motion. Even though many Kerbal physicists still dispute that ION thrusters can be used in this way, studies show that the thrusters seem to work as advertised.
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,0
mass = 0.05
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.001
minimum_drag = 0.001
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 15
maxTemp = 2000
PhysicsSignificance = 1
bulkheadProfiles = srf
MODULE {
name = ModuleAmpYearPoweredRCS
thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
thrusterPower = 0.30
PROPELLANT {
name = XenonGas
resourceName = XenonGas
ratio = 0.1
resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
}
PROPELLANT {
name = ElectricCharge
resourceName = ElectricCharge
ratio = 0.5
resourceFlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
}
atmosphereCurve {
key = 0 1800
key = 1 600
}
}
MODULE {
name = BBModule
}
MODULE {
name = ModuleAGX
}
MODULE {
name = GeometryPartModule
}
MODULE {
name = FARAeroPartModule
}
MODULE {
name = FARPartModule
}
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelCrossfeedActions
}
}
}

No relevant errors in log AFAICS. It still eats Xenon, but thrust is applied only forward (orbit doesn't change when I press NJKLi keys oriented nrm+-. rad+- etc, but changes when I press H)

p.s. and yes I need those 45 degree angled 4-way ones :-D Also, converting existing 4-way one to 5-way (adding 1 nozzle) would be good too - then all the maneuvers could be accomplished with only a pair of such thrusters, not four of them.

Edited by cipherpunks

Same issue here, no ModuleRCSFX even, and ofc no RCSSounds. I play without sound, and I see the plume only when translating forward. ModuleManager.cache entry looks like this:
UrlConfig {
type = PART
parentUrl = REPOSoftTech/AmpYear/Parts/ampYear5WayIonRCS/IONrcsBlock
url = REPOSoftTech/AmpYear/Parts/ampYear5WayIonRCS/IONrcsBlock/AmpYearIONRCSBlock
PART {
module = Part
author = NovaSilisko, JPLREPO
mesh = model.mu
scale = 0.1
node_attach = 0.45212, -0.0105571, -0.0059382, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0
TechRequired = ionPropulsion
entryCost = 5000
cost = 1200
category = Control
subcategory = 0
title = AmpYear RS-105 ION RCS Thruster Block
manufacturer = REPOSoft Technology
description = REPOSoft Technology engineers have now produced these small ION thrusters, to help with attitude control and linear motion. Even though many Kerbal physicists still dispute that ION thrusters can be used in this way, studies show that the thrusters seem to work as advertised.
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,0
mass = 0.05
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.001
minimum_drag = 0.001
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 15
maxTemp = 2000
PhysicsSignificance = 1
bulkheadProfiles = srf
MODULE {
name = ModuleAmpYearPoweredRCS
thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
thrusterPower = 0.30
PROPELLANT {
name = XenonGas
resourceName = XenonGas
ratio = 0.1
resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
}
PROPELLANT {
name = ElectricCharge
resourceName = ElectricCharge
ratio = 0.5
resourceFlowMode = ALL_VESSEL
}
atmosphereCurve {
key = 0 1800
key = 1 600
}
}
MODULE {
name = BBModule
}
MODULE {
name = ModuleAGX
}
MODULE {
name = GeometryPartModule
}
MODULE {
name = FARAeroPartModule
}
MODULE {
name = FARPartModule
}
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelCrossfeedActions
}
}
}

No relevant errors in log AFAICS. It still eats Xenon, but thrust is applied only forward (orbit doesn't change when I press NJKLi keys oriented nrm+-. rad+- etc, but changes when I press H)

p.s. and yes I need those 45 degree angled 4-way ones :-D Also, converting existing 4-way one to 5-way (adding 1 nozzle) would be good too - then all the maneuvers could be accomplished with only a pair of such thrusters, not four of them.

I can't seem to find any issue with the 4 way ION RCS.

It works fine for me in testing.

Both sets of controls work fine.

If you are still having issues I will need a full log.

How does one properly remove the AmpYear mod? I'm running 0.13a with x64 KSP 0.90 on Linux, and just deleting any craft that use AmpYear parts and then deleting the folder doesn't work - the next time I load the game up, I am unable to select any craft from the space center: the list of ships still appears, but clicking on one does not select that ship or activate the buttons for interacting with it. I'm running a lot of mods, but I am able to reliably reproduce this issue by deleting the REPOSoft folder in GameData, and I am also able to reliably fix it by restoring the REPOSoft folder.

This section from the KSP.log suggests that, even when I have removed the AmpYear mod, the game is still trying to find it when I open the Space Center and select a ship, and its failure to find it is leading to an error condition. How do I remove the game's expectation that AmpYear will be there?

[LOG 10:34:41.709] 6/28/2015 10:34:41 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 0 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[ERR 10:34:41.710] Cannot find a Module of typename 'AmpYear'

[ERR 10:34:41.710] ScenarioModule is null.

[LOG 10:34:41.808] 6/28/2015 10:34:41 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Setting App Button True
[LOG 10:34:41.843] StnSciScenario started

How does one properly remove the AmpYear mod? I'm running 0.13a with x64 KSP 0.90 on Linux, and just deleting any craft that use AmpYear parts and then deleting the folder doesn't work - the next time I load the game up, I am unable to select any craft from the space center: the list of ships still appears, but clicking on one does not select that ship or activate the buttons for interacting with it. I'm running a lot of mods, but I am able to reliably reproduce this issue by deleting the REPOSoft folder in GameData, and I am also able to reliably fix it by restoring the REPOSoft folder.

This section from the KSP.log suggests that, even when I have removed the AmpYear mod, the game is still trying to find it when I open the Space Center and select a ship, and its failure to find it is leading to an error condition. How do I remove the game's expectation that AmpYear will be there?

[LOG 10:34:41.709] 6/28/2015 10:34:41 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Found 0 Maneuver Nodes to deserialize
[ERR 10:34:41.710] Cannot find a Module of typename 'AmpYear'

[ERR 10:34:41.710] ScenarioModule is null.

[LOG 10:34:41.808] 6/28/2015 10:34:41 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Setting App Button True
[LOG 10:34:41.843] StnSciScenario started

Did you remove the Gamedata\REPOSoftTech\KabinKraziness folder as well?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't seem to find any issue with the 4 way ION RCS.

It works fine for me in testing.

Both sets of controls work fine.

If you are still having issues I will need a full log.

I had the same issue start happening with me over the weekend whilst I was playing. I'll investigate further in the coming week.

• 9 months later...

I just downloaded the latest version of ampyear for 1.1, but I can't get the GUI to work while flying. The setting UI works in the space center, but not while flying. I have never used ampyear before so I have never used it and this is my first time.