ARM-01-F Visigoth Flame Tank

I present to you the ARM-01-F Visigoth. It is an armored assault vehicle with a flamethrower as its primary weapon. (Its actually just a rocket motor, but don't tell anyone, Nobody will buy it if they know the truth!) The Visigoth is capable of speeds over 20 m/s on flat terrain, and can survive most serious crashes with minimal damage. It has space for two Kerbals to operate the tank. But enough talk, you came here to SEE the tank, not to read about it!

BJVkc8c.png

Well, here it is! The vehicle is popular among Kerbal tankers due to the flamethrower's ability to roast hot dogs and marshmallows when on low power.:D

cE6vpzV.png

This is the Commander's station inside the tank. The Commander is responsible for driving the tank and monitoring the tank's condition. At left is the periscope used to view outside the tank.

hWYTIlf.png

At the rear of the cabin is the Gunner's station. The gunner operates the flamethrower and communications systems.

BLTbKaQ.png

With Kerbals inside, the cabin is quite cramped, much like a real tank.

4FzEJ5W.jpg

The flamethrower can't run any higher than 60% power without flipping the tank over. Speaking of that, to fire the flamethrower, make sure that RCS and SAS are on, and that the legs at the back are extended. If the verniers don't fire automatically, press W and they should.

C4mqjFp.png

Jeb(standing on track) and Bill pose for photos during a patrol near the KSC.

Some things to remember when driving the tank:

Don't try and turn while going faster than 10 meters per second, or you risk flipping the tank.

Don't fire the flamethrower unless the tank is fully stopped.

Be careful when driving up hills, it likes to swerve back and forth

Never try to immediately brake the tank, especially when at high speed. Let it slow down a little first, then apply the brake

You may want to invert the steering on the wheels. I'm not sure why, but sometimes you have to press S to drive forward and W to go in reverse. A and D are likewise inverted. Other times, the controls are fine. I will fix this if I find out why it happens.:P

That's about all you need to know to operate the Visigoth, you can download yours here: http://kerbalx.com/crafts/922/edit

I plan to add other tanks to go along with the Visigoth in the future, if you have any ideas, just let me know!

Edited by pTrevTrevs

Thanks! I never really thought very much about the interior, I just had a big empty space in the front and decided to cram two consoles, some seats and a periscope into it.

If you ever manage to destroy something with the flamethrower, I would like to know about it. As far as I know, it's basically a cosmetic feature, as rocket exhaust doesn't seem to be that deadly in KSP. My future designs will hopefully have more functional features. Maybe a personel transport variant, possibly a mobile missile launcher?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.