B1-B lancer WIP

eorin

It's still a WIP but it is done 95%, aesthetics are 100% stocks and i'm proud about this, it uses infernal robotics for the variable geometry wings and adjustable landing gears (SQUAD we need medium and large landing gears!!!!) and of course kerbpaint but it is no needed.

Let me know what do you think about it :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

HERE IT IS FINALLY A DOWNLOAD FOR A TRY

REQUIRES adjustable landing gears and infernal robotics

press 1 to toggle engines 4,5 to move wings

it is a bit wobbling but it is the better i could do

Edited by eorin

It's still a WIP but it is done 95%, aesthetics are 100% stocks and i'm proud about this, it uses infernal robotics for the variable geometry wings and adjustable landing gears (SQUAD we need medium and large landing gears!!!!) and of course kerbpaint but it is no needed.

http://imgur.com/a/4ACVa

Nice! I hope the part count isn't too high. :)

I also had a B-1, but it's rather ugly in order to keep the part count at around 100 (used in an actual war forum. the part count had to be manageable, or only around 100 parts for the other players.).

I guess I'll go and finish my warships. :)

Edited by andrew123

Nice! I hope the part count isn't too high. :)

I also had a B-1, but it's rather ugly in order to keep the part count at around 100 (used in an actual war forum. the part count had to be manageable, or only around 100 parts for the other players.).

I guess I'll go and finish my warships. :)

It is about 350 parts, if my crap pc can manage it with a bit of lag, i think it's fine XD

http://imgur.com/a/4ACVa

This is amazing. It looks so, so good.

The model is SO impressive! That bomb bay, the nacelles, the blending of the forward fuselage into the shoulder coke bottle. Nothing about the parts in KSP makes that easy. You SHOULD be proud. Sigh, now my xb-70 I'm working on looks clunky in comparison.

The model is SO impressive! That bomb bay, the nacelles, the blending of the forward fuselage into the shoulder coke bottle. Nothing about the parts in KSP makes that easy. You SHOULD be proud. Sigh, now my xb-70 I'm working on looks clunky in comparison.

Funny, because i was working on a new XB-70 before stop it for building the B1-B, i can give you the craft file, the fuselage is done 85% (canard misses and wings needs to be designed a bit better); i don't want right now work on it, so a joint project could be cool. I ensure you the fuselage is at B1-B level.

Wow this is really beautiful! I tried making a B1 before but just as with every other plane replica I had trouble with the cockpit section. Dropped many projects due to the front.

Will you be making the .craft available?

Yes, but i dont know if is better wait until 1.0

Super awesome. May I suggest you use B9's invisible struts? Would help clean up this super awesome design a wee bit.

Sorry but i don't want to install B9 just because i don't like it for design crafts, i think stock parts are just perfect, a well used stock part is umbeatable u.u

- - - Updated - - -

Due the high good feedback received for this craft i will release an early version probably monday, so stay tuned! ^^

• 1 month later...
Yes, but i dont know if is better wait until 1.0

I would advise against it eorin, solely because 1.0 is going to come out in the distant future (few months at the least) and you'll most likely need to redesign your .craft by then anyways. I'm sure the community would greatly appreciate if you were to release it now :)

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.