What is the version of KSP you owned when...

RAINCRAFTER

First played the 0.13.3 Demo. Landed on the Mün. There was no getting out for an EVA.

Bought 0.17.1. Went back to the Mün. Got out and found a Mün arch. Version 0.18 came out a few days later.

Version 0.18: Docking, Minmus, Jool (not return), Duna, Eve (not return), Gilly, Moho, RCS Rovers, Laythe, Vall, Tylo (with return), Pol, Bop, Dres, Eeloo (v. 18.2), Magic Boulder, Eve return.

Version 0.19: Circumnavigate Duna by rover, SSTO spaceplane, Longterm Laythe Mission begins.

I guess I've been slacking off since then.

I think 0.18 or 0.19 was my first version. I don't know about the versions I achieved stuff in... still not gone outside of Kerbin's SOI and have only orbited Minmus (not landed on it). Everytime I progress my "career" enough to go beyond the Mun Squad release a new version that compels me to start over. :confused:

First the (.18?) demo and then .20 shortly before .21 came out.

Made it to the Mun while it was still bright white.

I like to roleplay a real space agency, so my first Duna landing might very well have been in .22 only.

Although I shot lots of things around when I first got the game and .20 may have the Trio still standing on the shores of Laythe - or splashed after a failed re-launch ... I think I got their by pure luck and overbuilding, but did not use KER to plan for return flights. I was a reckless player back in the days ... :D

0.22 - got the game, did my first Mun and Minmus landings/returns, and sent my first interplanetary mission to Eve, and got Jeb stuck there forever.

0.23 - First interplanetary landing with return, first SSTO plane (that also went to Laythe, got back into orbit and then stayed there, cause I had planned on a different return vessel)

0.23.5 - First time using mods

0.24 - Finally landed at least unmanned on every body in the Solar system, manned return mission from Eve successful

0.90 - First time using mods to make things harder/more realistic (FAR, DRE, Remote Tech, Real Chutes)

v0.13.3 - played the demo, landed on the Mun and came back, following a nice tutorial from the web. We had to land on wings, because there were no landing legs then :)

v0.17 - i think i bought the game when this version was released. I learned rendezvous from the ingame tutorial, but there was no docking i think. Or just no refueling.

I think it was .8 or something? I can't remember. It was a very early version. When .14 came out (I think thats when you had to first buy it) I bought the game.

I used to make only aircraft and stuff. I only landed on the Mun at .15 I think. I landed on Duna on .18 I'm fairly sure.

I only really make aircraft so I have never gone to any other planet... kind of sad.

Demo - left the Kerbin system after an accident involving many boosters

Demo - Got into orbit

0.20 - bought the game (I know, I'm late to the party :()

0.20 - First docking

0.21 - Landed on the Mun (yes, I rendezvoused before I landed on the Mun though I had tried MANY times to land on the Mun before first doing a rendezvous)

0.21 - Sent probe into Jool

0.22 - Landed on Duna and returned

0.23.5 - Captured an asteroid

0.90 - Sent a space probe to Ike

The reason why I don't really go interplanetary is really due to my lack of free time and that I (used to) enjoy screwing around more than serious stuff :sticktongue:

.17 Purchased full game, first Mun "landing"

.18 First Mun and Minmus return, first Eve, Duna, Ike Laythe, Kerbol and Jool landings...

.19 First Docking, Duna, Ike, and Gilly returns. First Kessler syndrome resulting from orbital collisions.

.20 First Dres and Eeloo landing and returns, first cargo carrying SSTO to Laythe. Clean orbit initiative started, all spent stages must be deorbited.

.21 Finally encountered all bodies in the Kerbin system, First Ion powered probe lander for Pol, Bop, and Vall. First time using FAR, DRE, TAC, RTII.

.22 First Keosynchronous communications array.

.23.5 First asteroid capture

.25 First save corruption

0.20 -advanced orbit maneuvers

0.21-0.24 not much

0.25- first duna, mun & minmus landings.

First duna station

0.90- basis of plane making. First Ike landing

First attempted mod make that's glitchy. Got a new computer, runs very smoothy

0.25 was a big deal. :P

Edited by Spacejuice

18.3 DEMO: reached escape velocity

0.21 bought game

0.21 landed on Mun

0.21 first plane that didn't try to do a backflip

0.23.5 first duna and minmus landings

0.25 first Ike orbit

0.90 first kerballed landing at dunas poles

Edited by teepee2345

I saw the game when it was at 0.7.3.

I first played the game at 0.8 with my new portable computer (today this same computer is barely able to play the game).

Since then I have done almost everything you can possibly do in the game as the updates progressed.

I don't play anymore because I hardly have time but I'm still reading and lurking the forums everyday.

started on 0.22 (although i did play some earler variant on a friends rig (no idea what that one was).

and my 1st legit achievement was on 0.25, a no mods, no cheats trip to laythe and back in a SSTO (lets just say getting over 4K dV on a SSTO took ages of super massive optimization). That one really made my day, and i originally though i needed over 8K dV (i didnt know aerobraking existed until that day, so i was attempting to brute force everything by generic oberth braking, managed to get to laythe easy, but ran outta fuel halfway back to kerbin). i also after this setup a massive refinery (painful landing those full sized 3.5m tanks) on the mun, so i guess that was my 1st true attempt at base building, despite it being kinda failure as half the tanks exploded. then after this i grabbed BDArmory and made a Lunar Corporation base, including those orbital deployed building all fully armed to the teeth (the energy fence was painful to deorbit and land over 100 pieces for teh entire base). ofc that one lagged so badly near completion i had to disband the entire project, and hoped for some optimization being done in the future of KSP.

Ofc i did basic stuff like get to the moon in 0.23, as most of my 0.22 days were spent trying to vaporize anything and everything i could with either stock or mod weapons. I still play with weapons, and now that i use BDArmory its much better then the good old days of my gunpods that spawned laggy projectiles everywhere. More recently, while i still use mods, ive started playing more and more stock due to DMP and no good servers allowing mods, so i actually went back to stock weapons, guided kinetic kill drones, ect. As much as i say mods make everything easier, my 0.90 days have been spent trying to figure out how to do almost anything limiting myself to bone stock components.

Edited by panzer1b

0.16 (demo) did a full "Apollo" type mission to Mun. Completing this was my personal requirement to know if I'd want to buy the game.

Not sure what version of the game I bought. 0.19 or 0.20 I think.

0.24 Completed a series of missions that returned a Kerbal from landings on all worlds, including Eve but not Jool (I did fly a Kerbal through Jool's atmo to collect "flying" science though)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.