What is the version of KSP you owned when...

RAINCRAFTER

0.20- Bought KSP.

0.21/0.22- First suborbital and orbital flights. Landed on the Mun, Minmus, and performed many dockings.

0.22- Started Career mode. Began flying to other planets in non-serious saves.

0.24- Began construction on Mun space station and base.

I really haven't played much KSP lately, though I have been mucking around with some mods.

Started in .20, landed on the Mun in .20.

Had an extensive space program through .21, which I consider my most successful version by far.

Since then, I haven't had as much time to play *and* I've been restarting with every version, so progress has been slower.

My current career is finally shaping up to actually get somewhere, and I'm hoping to surpass my .21 save.

I started late, 0.23.5 after KSP was advertised on XKCD. As I didn't know what ARM means - I thought that'd be a build for the ARM processor instruction set - I first downloaded 0.23.

So, my achievements:

0.23 (career without mods): First manned Mun and Minmus landings.

0.23.5 (same safe as 0.23, only mod: KAC): Visited all biomes on the Mun using an ion engine based lander and an orbital lab station, sent a probe to Laythe, sent Kerbals to Eve, Gilly and Moho and brought them home safely (required quicksaves).

0.24 (hard career + FAR, KIDS, DRE, KAC, RT2, kOS, Fine Print): First mun surface base, with rover to reach nearby biomes.

0.90 (hard career, no addons): First return mission to Duna and Dres, first probe to Ike and Eelo.

0.90 (Realism overhaul): First manned landing on the moon. Again required quicksaves.

Hmmm...

First version I played: 0.10, though at the time I think 0.13 was out, I didn't download that 0.10 from Squad, I just Googled something like "KSP download".

I don't remember when I did my first Mun landing, but I do remember that the first time I did a manned Duna and return mission was in 0.23.5. (BTW, this was in career mode, though now we'd call it science mode)

Edited by Nicholander

Bought the game during 0.20.2. Landed and returned from Mun during that version. I think my Duna rover was also this version.

0.22 - First Minmus landing, rescue, then a second rescue, then return.

Sometime around here I sent an ion probe to Moho but ran out of fuel.

0.23 - Started working on Kerbal Construction Time.

0.23.5 - Jool 4 mission in Alternis Kerbol (Pol, Mun, Laythe, Minmus). First Eve visit, but just probe landers and a remote tech network (with Alternis Kerbol, so no Gilly trip)

0.25 - Started doing Twitch streams.

0.90 - Returning to Duna, this time with a manned lander and OKS station. Not yet transferred, still doing orbital construction. SoonTM

I didn't get to play much of 0.24.

0.13.2: Acquired game

0.13.2: Landed on Mun

0.15.0: Landed on Minmus

0.17.1: Landed on Duna

0.17.1: Landed on Laythe

0.17.1: Impacted Eve at unbelievable speed

0.17.1: Impacted Moho at (unbelievable speed)^2

0.90.0: Landed on Duna, career mode, no MechJeb or other junk except Kerbal Engineer :)

-Carlpilot

Started with 0.23

Landed on all bodies still in 0.23

Jumped straight to 0.90 two weeks ago, playing with a new save. So far, milking Minmus missions so I can get some funds and unlock more of the tech tree (the 4million funds you need to upgrade R&D is huge!)

Started in 0.14 (or 0.13, I'm not too sure about that).

0.18: Got an SSTO plane to duna, landed and came back to land on kerbin, all without refueling.

0.19+ Kinda stopped playing since then. I'll boot up the game from time to time and make some funky contraption. The truth is that I don't really have the patience to redo a mission of the same scale as my 0.18 duna mission. I also can't really top the performance and looks of the plane that I used for that mission... oh well.

0.19, I think... I remember 0.20 for sure.

Or 0.18.3, if you count the demo version. Landed on the Mun there, made it back, after 20+ flights. Learned a lot in the demo, namely rendezvous and the navball.

(The main reason I got the full version was that I was obsessed with docking. :))

0.7.3 - played (placing fins without symmetry was hell!)

0.10 - finally got around to purchasing as I own a mac (coming up on 10 years old!!!)

0.12 - landed on the Mun and came back first try... all without maneuver nodes or any of that stuff! :cool:

0.13.1 - discovered mods and, by extension, the forums. Also discovered that mods make my ancient computer run KSP verrry slowly, so just kept the forums.

0.22 - purchased, landed/returned most bodies except Joolian moons and Eeloo--and ones that wouldn't make sense to land on (Jool, Sun).

interim versions - probed various Joolian moons, landed/returned on Eeloo. Decided Dres was an angry space potato.

0.24.2 - Eve landing and return, Laythe/Tylo/Vall/Bop/Pol landing and return. Crashed into invisible wall on Bop.

0.26 - still haven't found that "big canyon" on Dres. Upgraded Dres from "angry space potato" to "extremely ugly angry space potato" and begun the "Destroy Dres" campaign.

0.27 (unreleased as of this posting) - I plan to destroy Dres in this release.

Acquired: 0.9-ish

Purchased: 0.13 when you actually had to pay for it.

Orbit achieved: 0.9

Mun Landing: 0.12

Minmus landing: shortly after it was added (so much easier than the Mun!)

Duna probe orbit: Shortly after it was added

Kanned Duna landing and return: 0.20? - 0.21?

Eve probe landing: 0.25

Kerbol system is likely my oyster: 0.25 - though I actually haven't been to every place yet, I have designed rockets that can definitely get there!

First saw KSP before 0.9, and put it on my list of things to look into...

First played it 0.9, before the map came out.. man, getting into orbit back then was hard, like forum post worthy hard, a sign that you where an accomplished player =>

Extra credit answer;

Joint winner in the first forum run campaign to land on the mun, and my order ID number for buying KSP is under 3,000

Edited by sjwt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.