[0.90] ADIOS Tech Tree - V.15 - 12-03-2015

Arachnidek

I'm finding that I can't run all of the "highly recommended" mods without running out of memory, even with the aggressive active texture manager. Any suggestions on which of the part packs would be best to leave out?

download the lastest ATM without using CKAN and try removing the texturecache folder in ATM, this might takes nearly an hour to cache again, but it should work, I am running more mods that that list + EVE HD and it is 1.9G startup , 2.4G at flight

download the lastest ATM without using CKAN and try removing the texturecache folder in ATM, this might takes nearly an hour to cache again, but it should work, I am running more mods that that list + EVE HD and it is 1.9G startup , 2.4G at flight

I just tried that. I got the latest aggresive ATM from here, and am using no other parts or textures outside of "highly recommended" list and I get 3.2 gb at startup, OOM crash after a few missions. Are you using half-size texture quality in the settings or something like that?

Edited by andqui

Hello. Thanks for a great tech tree, I'm using it now on my first tryout of 0.90.

One question though: I installed all the mods in the list and it runs fine but I've just launched for my first orbit attempt but my final stage engine is not reigniting and I'm not sure which mod it is that I need to make a design change for to get it to relight.

I've got enough electricity and fuel and the engine is the L2 Atlas.

Thanks!

edit: weird, it works now. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ryds
Resolved

Hi, first of all, thanks for this mod, just started using it and seems great.

I am not able to find the mechjeb part, though. I have everything installed (properly, I think) through CKAN, but I just cannot find the Mechjeb part neither in the VAB or in the research tree, just the unlocking of functionalities. According to the part.cfg, it should appear under flightControl, which is now Flight, but is just doesn't apperar. Am I missing something?

Thanks again!

Dear Arachnidek,

First off, This mod is absolutely amazing. I have been playing it for a few days now and I love it! However, I just unlocked the Atmosphere Science node and I noticed that the Moisture Analyzer node is completely empty (as in there's no part in the node). I have all of the highly recommended mods as well as all but final frontier from the recommended mods installed. Please Help!

Sincerely, DSD54

I installed it and the whole lot of mods... but now reaction wheels aren't working anymore as they should. Any idea which mod is causing this? (At least I think that's what it is. It says that they are working, but I can't control my rockets anymore. They tilt to one side until the topple over in flight)

@Errol

Not sure. Never used SETI before.

@DSD54

Moisture analyzer is from Dmagic Orbital Science Mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64972-0-90-DMagic-Orbital-Science-New-Science-Parts-V0-9-1-1-%281-25-15%29

@Farox

Not sure. Never had any problems with reactions wheels.

@tmikesecrist3

For now i want to stick with stock game. I might make Adios compatible with RSS/RO in some future version but for now it's enough work as it is :) It all depends on avaiable time.

About KSPI

It's going to be supported in V.10.

Edited by Arachnidek

Okay, so I have a question, just started using this mod today, literally, and I see this in the Tech tree:

bZP3Lwt.png

I have never seen this in the tech tree before, and I haven't added any mods to the game along with Adios. What is it? I mean other than a rock.... :blush:

@vardicd

That's what Jeb found on his scavenge hunt. Yes it's a rock. It doesn't do anything :) Just a small easter egg. It's not avaiable in VAB so nothing to worry about :)

V.10 version now avaiable.

Changes:

------ V.10 - 08-02-2015 -----

- Added KSPI (Interstellar) support

- Modified Fusion/Antimatter tech tree branch (+3 tech nodes)

- 200 tech nodes now (73349 RP) :)

- Added FASA Refinery support

- Added LLL (Lack Luster Labs) support

- Mofified Mechjeb placement within tech tree (now in electronics branch)

- Added RLA Stockalike support

- Added Orbital Material Science support

- Added Fuel Tanks Plus support

- Small part placement corrections

- Fixed Procedural Fairings sizing (config file in adios folder)

- Kerbal Engineer Redux update to 1.0.15

Edited by Arachnidek

Okay, so I have a question, just started using this mod today, literally, and I see this in the Tech tree:

http://i.imgur.com/bZP3Lwt.png

I have never seen this in the tech tree before, and I haven't added any mods to the game along with Adios. What is it? I mean other than a rock.... :blush:

That are the asteroids in KSP, but normally you can't research them. Arachnidek will probably missed that.

Station science needs some balancing at the moment all the experiments are in one node, and all the station parts are in anohter node. I'd probably be best to scatter the experiments around the tree a bit, and to have the science lab before the other parts, perhaps with an experiment right there. But otherwise great work, far more entertaining than the stock tech tree, also easier in many ways.

The mod is not working for me at all... Even new games are just stuck on the old tech tree. hmm.

Edit: Found the issue- I am an idiot. Percussive maintenance applied vigorously to the cranium sorted it out.

Edited by Martian

I got all the "recommended" mods.

1. Antennas explodes on launch when speed picks up, even with fairings on.

2. The planes are unflyable, if you do get them up in the air they are shaking and starts rolling when you try to pitch them up and often completely looses it and starts spinning around. An other example was it accelerated to 500m/s down at 1000m at full throttle with the small standard jet engine and while climbing up to 15'000m the speed remained pretty much the same.

Which mod is messing with the flying?

Hey,

I m the author of the SETI-BalanceMod (link in signature).

Since my mod starts unmanned, I faced the issue that altitude contracts could only be completed by manned vessels, until making configs for the Contract Configurator mod by nightingale.

I just released replacements for the buggy stock starting contracts, based on the ones I use for the SETI-BalanceMod, for use with other TechTree mods:

Initial Contracts

InitialContracts replaces the buggy/annoying stock starting contracts with 3 similar ones, which can be completed by manned and unmanned craft. Thus the mods contracts are especially useful for TechTrees which start unmanned and may be redistributed with them.

They are based on the SETI-Contracts but more balanced for stock.

InitialContracts Link

The mod Contract Configurator by nightingale is required to use the configs.

These Contract Configurator configs by nightingale and Yemo are based upon the general contracts of the SETI-BalanceMod.

License: You may do what you want (change, expand, mix, redistribute as part of a larger package etc.), as long as you provide the source (eg. SETI-BalanceMod with link) and credit for previous authors (eg. nightingale and Yemo) within the file(s) and at the reference locations (forum thread and download site).

Hence you can just redistribute this file along with eg a tech tree mod under any (even a very restrictive) license as long as you give credit in the form mentioned above.

Edited by Yemo

@HashM

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104943-0-90-KSP-Interstellar-port-maintance-thread - this one :)

@Henrik Y

You have just discovered the beauty of FAR. It's supposed to be like that. That's what makes it challenging :) If you want to make it fly like stock (no aerodynamic drag, no stalling etc.) just delete this mod.

@Yemo

That's fantastic. I'm definitely going to use it (of course with due credit) - it's going to be a huge timesaver. In the first draft of ADIOS the tech tree was supposed to be starting unmanned (as can be seen with the tech node names) but the problem was with the initial contracts. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Arachnidek

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.