[0.90] ADIOS Tech Tree - V.15 - 12-03-2015

Arachnidek

alt +tab and back repair this littel bug by opengl.

Please Universal Storge parts : core quad(1,25 Rockets) , Decoupler small and core Hexacore (2,5 rockets) transfer in the basic zone are needed to use the universal storage tools like monigoo ore snaks or batteries

and please snacks implant

Edited by Prismatech

A suggestion or two if I may, make the basic props (from KAX) come before jets or at least the same time. I changed it around so that some of the props were on the "Flight" node while moving the Basic Jet Engine to Jet Engines.

Also I suggest Taurus HCV mod for integration.

Anyways Great Mod!! Love it. :D

EDIT EDIT: Nwm, figured to solve issue , succeded to copy paste wrong conf file from RO... Stuppid me

Keep the good work, enyojing how valuable, dificult and important has become to colect every and each one of science points in carrear with ADIOS :)

Edited by Hrv123

I just got a contract to test the PB-ION engine (which I have not yet researched). After accepting the contract, the engine is available in the VAB as expected, but I have no Xenon fuel tanks, nor do they seem to be available soon in the tech tree from where I am. While I suspect that I can probably fulfill the contract by activating the engine with no fuel tank, that seems kinda cheesy.

It seems like a contract to test an engine should make sure the player has an appropriate fuel tank, or else make one available in the same way the engine is made available as an experimental item. This isn't an issue with a more typical engine that uses rocket fuel, or even monopropellant, because we have those tanks pretty early. But for parts with unusual fuels like Xenon, it would be nice.

In general, I'm enjoying this mod quite a bit. It does add a nice level of challenge. Thanks for all the work you've put into it.

Keith

EDIT: Hmmm, I recently unlocked Probes (and finished the research), which says it gives me the ascent and landing autopilots and spaceplane guidance or MechJeb, but I'm not seeing those available in the MechJeb menu. I looked in the mechjebconf.cfg file (GameData\ADIOS\Configs) and it says:

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]

{

@MODULE[MechJebCore]

{

@MechJebLocalSettings

{

@MechJebModuleAscentGuidance

{

@unlockTechs = advElectrics

}

@MechJebModuleLandingGuidance

{

@unlockTechs = advancedelectrics

}

@MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance

{

@unlockTechs = advancedelectrics

}

[sNIP]

That doesn't look like it is in Probes. So at this point I don't know if the Tech Tree is lying to me about these functions being unlocked in probes, or what is going on. Any idea?

p.s. Should there really be both advElectrics and advancedelectrics? It looks like you decided to change the name of the node but didn't change it everywhere.

Edited by khearn
Added Mechjeb unlock issue

V.13 released

Due to the amount of changes in the new version it is recommended to have a clean install when updating to V.13.

Changes:

------ V.13 - 22-02-2015 ----- Balancing part 1

- Added Taurus HCV support

- Added Skylab support

- Added Hangar support

- Added KOSMOS SSPP support

- Added OPT Spaceplane Parts support

- Added Space Shuttle Engines support

- Reworked the Electronic/Battery/Laser/Robotics core branch of the tech tree

- Reworked Spaceship Construction branch

- Adjusted some research costs

- Moved and Extended Propellors branch (not visible without some mod that uses propellors)

- Reworked Decoupler branch (combined with separators and starts from Basic Support Construction instead of Precision Engineering)

- Added Future Cockpits node (extended cocpits branch - not visible without necessary mods)

- Moved AV-R8 Winglet to Basic Aerodynamics (earlier control surface)

- Moved Mk2-Radial Parachute to Basic Support Construction

- Moved TR-18A Stack Decoupler to Basic Construction (earlier first decoupler)

- Batteries now start from Basic Electrics

- Added 2 contracts for Mun

- Added 2 contracts for Minmus

- Added the LOT (Lots Of Trouble) agency - will give some of the new contracts

- Fixed Mechjeb2 unlocks position appearance in the tech tree (thanks khearn)

This update was slower than usual because my keyboard broke 2 days ago so for now i am stuck with an old indestructible pre WWII keyboard that looks like this:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Notice no windows buttons :) I don't even remember the year it was made but it's definitely more than 20 years old. I had it with my 286 pc back in the day. I should have a new one on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Anyway... this week i did quite a bit of contract planning. I've been learning a bit of Contract Configurator and I have some ideas for some fun contracts - hence the new LOT (Lots Of Trouble) agency.

I know that for now some of the contracts are "a bit" crazy but that's going to change.

Due to this keyboard problem expect the next update to be a bit smaller (it's hard to write on this).

@BlueTiger12

Space Shuttles - done.

Smart Parts - next version

@Grunf911

OPT - done

There is already a node called Spaceship Construction - B9 HX parts are in there :)

@Boa3532

Not anymore. It's way easier now :)

@Errol

Hangar - done - resizing won't work in this version - i need to create a new config file for that. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Cacteye 2 Orbital Telescope - I really like this one but i need to do some testing with this (asteroid finding) - next version.

@Austinator48

Taurus HCV - done.

@khearn

Nice find. The node names are correct (it's to fool the stock contract system - nothing to worry about anymore) but i've remade the mechjeb config file and now it should work and show correctly.

Edited by Arachnidek

Amazing reply and good luck with keyboard. I have just upgraded mine recently.

If I may add my 2 cents. I am looking at your distribution of Jet engines, and I would suggest following:

- I would add 1 node after Rapier Engine - Experimental Propulsion -Perhaps upwards

- There I would put:

- OPT Dark Drive - Waaay to high ISP and insane thrust

- OPT Linear Aerospike - Insane thrust

...when I use either one of those (combined with ARIE) I almost achieve Mach 1 before takeoff, even with their stock craft.

Just figured it would merit more advanced node then rapiers, as it does feel next gen. I am also not sure regarding B9 sabres node allocation, as technically they are same thing as rapiers, but if you move them to rapiers, you are out of engines for the originating nodes.

However their insane thrust do come at a fuel cost so it is not too OP

- I would move the following:

- Mk2 Ram Air Intake - from Turbojet (probably ended here by mistake)-> Advanced Air Intake

Edited by Grunf911
additional info

Suggests a few changes and a mod for integration. Never expects anything to come of it. Three days later Mod author comes out with a new update making changes and integrating said mod. :confused:

Arachnidek... u sir get all da cookies :D

Edit

When I entered the game and it asks me to choose which tech tree it only showed "KSP Stock" "Unoffical KSPI" and "Unoffical Near Future".

I'm pretty sure it was because CKAN installed ADIOS and Tech Manager Seperate. To fix just download ADIOS from Kerbal Stuff (or other) go to the tech manager folder that comes with the ADIOS, copy the .cfg files and place them in the tech manager folder in your KSP folder.

Edited by Austinator48

Edit

When I entered the game and it asks me to choose which tech tree it only showed "KSP Stock" "Unoffical KSPI" and "Unoffical Near Future".

I'm pretty sure it was because CKAN installed ADIOS and Tech Manager Seperate. To fix just download ADIOS from Kerbal Stuff (or other) go to the tech manager folder that comes with the ADIOS, copy the .cfg files and place them in the tech manager folder in your KSP folder.

I also use CKAN and encountered the same results and conclusion.

Upgrading ADIOS via CKAN is broken.

Trying to upgrade ADIOS from CKAN:

CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Can't upgrade TechManager, it is not installed

Trying to install Techmanager:

The following inconsistecies were found:

TechManager wishes to install GameData/TechManager/TechManager.dll, but this file is registered to ADIOS

Uninstalled ADIOS and then reinstalled, no errors.

And when I load a save, Techmanager asks to pick a tech tree, but no ADIOS there.

Upgrading ADIOS via CKAN is broken...And when I load a save, Techmanager asks to pick a tech tree, but no ADIOS there.

Question answered literally in both previous posts.

...Edit

This is unfortunately what happens when someone tries to fix a problem but actually makes it worse.

Basicly someone thought that you don't need the TechManager folder and deleted it from the ckan install instructions and added a TechManager dependency. That would be okay if adios didn't have files in the Techmanager folder and didn't support mods outside of ckan. Anyway putting a pull request now. Hopefully someone won't break it again.

This is unfortunately what happens when someone tries to fix a problem but actually makes it worse.

Basicly someone thought that you don't need the TechManager folder and deleted it from the ckan install instructions and added a TechManager dependency. That would be okay if adios didn't have files in the Techmanager folder and didn't support mods outside of ckan. Anyway putting a pull request now. Hopefully someone won't break it again.

TechManager doesn't allow you to put those files in your own folder? If so, that's rather obnoxious of them... :(

From my experience, it is better to keep all your mm files within your folders, since that has the least chance of conflict.

Especially since CKAN does not support/allow overwriting of other mods folders.

The CommunityTechTree works with TechManager as well and is availably via CKAN, might be a good reference.

Edited by Yemo

Updated the download. Should fix the ckan problem as soon as the ckan bot picks it up.

There is 1 downside though. Now ADIOS and Techmanager should be installed as the last mods on the install list. The reason is that some of the mods installed outside of ckan which are supported (especially the ones not 0.90) might add an older unsupported version of techmanager. If that happens ckan will give you an error. IF you get that error delete the Adios and Techmanager folders and download them again and it should work fine.

If someone does it the other way around (ie. installs adios first and then everything else) and by any chance installs a file that overwrites the techmanager.dll the tech tree window won't show up.

Previous version worked a better way IMO. It forced everyone to delete and install fresh adios and techmanager folders with every update. This way made sure everything was up to date.

Edited by Arachnidek

This right here, is the reason I don't even bother with ckan. If you are advanced enough of a player that you want to mod your ksp install, you should be comfortable moving files around in folders on your computer.

This right here, is the reason I don't even bother with ckan. If you are advanced enough of a player that you want to mod your ksp install, you should be comfortable moving files around in folders on your computer.

I disagree, CKAN is cool, it keeps everything clean and organised, yes it has some minor UI issues but it is better to use than downloading/moving/updating all the mods manually especially if you have many of them. The problem is/was that ADIOS modified other mod's folder which in general is not a good "style", because it creates problems even if you are not using CKAN.

I disagree, CKAN is cool, it keeps everything clean and organised, yes it has some minor UI issues but it is better to use than downloading/moving/updating all the mods manually especially if you have many of them. The problem is/was that ADIOS modified other mod's folder which in general is not a good "style", because it creates problems even if you are not using CKAN.

ADIOS was the reason I started using CKAN. Wading through all those folders is tedious, and it makes downloading mods in bulk really easy.

I agree with you that if your playing with these many mods you should be comfortable with moving files around. However if your a REALLY advanced player you use CKAN because going to the individual mod page, downloading it etc 30 times is annoying, and when a problem comes up you can fix it pretty fast. :P:wink:

Edit: Hey Arachnidek, there is a Ram-Turbo Jet from OPT under Cockpits. Thought you might want to know unless that was intentional then may I suggest putting it under one of the higher jet techs.

Edited by Austinator48

I loaded ckan up a total of once, and saw a huge disorganized mess of a list of mods, there were duplicates, mods missing files and all sorts of nastiness. I don't just run mods either, I have a number of custom .cfgs, and a few things that don't go right into gamedata. If I'm gonna have to be into my folders anyway I just update things when AVC tells me they are old.

Hey Arachnidek,

is it possible, that your techtree has a problem with the integrated omni antenna from remote tech?

With your tech tree, it seems, that it doesn't get unlocked.

In the RemoteTech parts there is this code:

@PART[probeCoreSphere]:FOR[RemoteTech]{
%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
%TechRequired = unmannedTech
%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

But your Node has another name.

Could that be the issue?

V.14 released.

Changes:

------ V.14 - 02-03-2015 ----- Balancing Part 2

- Added Smart Parts support

- Added TD Industries Orion Bits support

- Added Cacteye 2 Orbital Telescope support

- Added Panopticon Hi-Viz Command Pod support

- Added Nebula Eva Handrails Pack support

- Added AMEG support

- Added KDEX - Kerbal Dust Experiment support

- Added Snacks support

- Added Snacks Life Support Parts by Whyren support

- Future Scanners node added

- Experimental Cockpits node added

- Experimental Adapters node added

- Future Spaceplane Engines node added

- Reworked the Adapter branch

- Reworked Scoops/Particle Collectors branch

- OPT Spaceplane Parts update to 1.6

- Contract Configurator update to 0.6.6

- Deadly Reentry update to v6.5.2

- DMagic Orbital Science update to v0.9.2

- FASA update to 5.22

- Kerbal Joint Reinforcement update to 3.1.1

- USI Colonization Systems (MKS/OKS) update to 0.22.7

- Remote Tech update to 1.6.3

- Fuel Tanks Plus update to 0.5

- SpaceY Heavy Lifters update to 0.11

- Moved Toroidal Aerospike to Advanced Jet Engines

- Moved Tarsier Telescope to Telescopes

- Moved Advanced Tarsier Telescope to Future Scanning

- Moved Scansat 32 scanner to Future Scanning

- Added 2 contracts for Moho

- Added 2 contracts for Eve

- Added 2 contracts for Duna

- Added 2 contracts for Gilly

- Added 2 contracts for Dres

- Added 1 contract for Jool

- Added 2 contracts for Laythe

- Added 2 contracts for Vall

- Added 2 contracts for Tylo

- Added 2 contracts for Bop

- Added 2 contracts for Pol

- Added 2 contracts for Eeloo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.