[0.90] ADIOS Tech Tree - V.15 - 12-03-2015

Arachnidek

@Arachindek - Thx for the updates - yes the Ejection seats and parachutes are from the Vanguard EVA parachutes - the thread you suggested, but i could not get them working in any node apart from unmanned rocketry for the life of me. Dont know why.

Will try the tech tree and come back to you. My focus is on planes, so someone else propose changes for rocketry :-)

Ok, yeah. Something is broke here with the new version of ADIOS.

I haven't gone far into the tree to find out if there are any other problems, but right off the bat the Unmanned Rocketry node has... a lot of stuff dumped into it.

Proceedural parts are in there for one, though that isn't too big a deal. Universal Storage and part of the USI set and TACLS is... But the biggest problem? All of KSPI is in that node.

Yes, right off the bat, everything from KSPI is in there. Reactors, plasma engines, and even the warp drive. http://i.imgur.com/MAWcuAO.jpg

I knew this wasn't right, so I deleted KSP and reinstalled everything again with CKAN. No change.

Unrelated to Volatar's issue, but I sent a pull request to the CKAN folk to add a dependency on ContractConfigurator, since the current setup of the NetKAN file doesn't install the bundled one (which is the desired behaviour for CKAN). This should make the CKAN version align better with your manual install.

@Volatar

I've looked into your problem and i think i have the answer.

USI - probably the part you are talking about is the MKS Integrated Mobile Base which comes with in the new 0.22.8 version of MKS. It will be updated with V.16 (current supported version is the 0.22.7)

Procedural Parts - normal procedural parts aren't supported yet. The B9 Procedural Parts are.

TACLS - not sure here. Water and Ammonia Tanks ? That's from KSPI.

Universal Storage - correct it seems 3 parts with the latest update. Will be fixed in V.16.

KSPI - had a bit of trouble replicating this problem but thanks to the CKAN info i managed to replicate it. Looking at your screenshot I think you've installed Interstellar Lite 0.90 which isn't supported yet. The KSPI supported is the one that I've provided the link in the first post. It works fine with the exception of the upgrades. Also installing Interstellar Lite from CKAN created a problem with TreeLoader and TechManager mod conflict. If i'm wrong please correct me.

I'll add support for interstellar lite and normal procedural parts in the V.16.

@Nightingale

Sure. It will make the install a bit more straightforward. Thanks.

Edited by Arachnidek
stupid typo :)

USI - propably the part you are talking about is the MKS Integrated Mobile Base which comes with in the new 0.22.8 version of MKS. It will be updated with V.16 (current supported version is the 0.22.7)

That part is there, but also this one: http://i.imgur.com/QR1xX5F.jpg

Procedural Parts - normal procedural parts aren't supported yet. The B9 Procedural Parts are.

Yeah that's why I wasn't worried about that.

TACLS - not sure here. Water and Ammonia Tanks ? That's from KSPI.

No, these: http://i.imgur.com/uU7YulK.jpg

EDIT: Oh, those are from Modular Fuel tanks. I didn't even know I had that mod. Welp.

Universal Storage - correct it seems 3 parts with the latest update. Will be fixed in V.16.

Cool.

KSPI - had a bit of trouble replicating this problem but thanks to the CKAN info i managed to replicate it. Looking at your screenshot I think you've installed Interstellar Lite 0.90 which isn't supported yet. The KSPI supported is the one that I've provided the link in the first post. It works fine with the exception of the upgrades.

Ahhhhhhhh yes. I came up with that same theory while I was waiting around. You posted while I was waiting for Active Texture Manager to do it's thing. That has indeed solved the issue. Thank you very much.

Also installing Interstellar Lite from CKAN created a problem with TreeLoader and TechManager mod conflict. If i'm wrong please correct me.

TreeLoader and TechManager don't conflict in CKAN. You do have to press their buttons in the right order though when you get ingame.

I'll add support for interstellar lite and normal procedural parts in the V.16.

Coolness. Thank you.

Edited by Volatar

I am pretty sure that part is from EPL actually .. only recognise it because i've just started playing with it...

That would make sense but I just went through all the part files for EPL and the EPL Regolith adaption and did not find it. Plus it DOES say USI on the thing... (I can't find it in USI either.)

EDIT: It MIGHT be the EPL Regolith adaption mod, but since that only make modifications to existing parts I am not sure...

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea what mod that part is from. It's not mks. Could you provide me with a list of your mods ?

Done. http://imgur.com/a/zJzkT

EDIT: Let me package that up for you actually.

EDIT: Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nuytwkxy54sgps3/installed-default.ckan?dl=0

Edited by Volatar

Hi there,

First thanks a lot for your mod, it is pretty much amazing, and gives a very challenging tech tree, though I might have some bugs to report if you don't mind :

- I came across some nodes in which there was just nothing, which is a bit... bothering to pay science for no rewards

- All procedural fairings come in only one node (the last one) with no progression (meaning there is nothing in "Basic Fairing" and else)

Is there a way to correct that? By myself I mean :-)

Hey All,

First off, love this mod, has made the game much more interesting. I do however have a question. How does one add a part to a specific node? I have done entered the following:

name = SR_NoseCone

just below lines of the same text, but the part/s aren't appearing in the respective node. Am I doing something wrong?

Just one thing instead of name = SR_NoseCone do a name = SR.NoseCone it will work. It's a bug with techmanager but otherwise works fine.

So its just a case of "replace any _ with a ."? Thanks for the tip!

Hi

I love this mod!!! Its the only tech tree im using as it is quite balanced!! :-)

I just wanted to suggest to add these mods into the tree:

- Solar Science

- KIS

- VDSHullCam

- Kerbal Foundaries

- Klockheed Martian

- Lionhead Aerospace

- Modular Rocket systems

- Virgin Galactic

- VNG Parachutes (for evas)

This give mostely more science and parts.

Thanks

Edited by ManuxKerb

Hi there,

First thanks a lot for your mod, it is pretty much amazing, and gives a very challenging tech tree, though I might have some bugs to report if you don't mind :

- I came across some nodes in which there was just nothing, which is a bit... bothering to pay science for no rewards

- All procedural fairings come in only one node (the last one) with no progression (meaning there is nothing in "Basic Fairing" and else)

Is there a way to correct that? By myself I mean :-)

That. I understand some nodes were meant for mods, which make them empty without them, but the procedural fairings thing is silly. The main reason for using this mod is to NOT need to use any other fairing mod, so it's sort of stupid to have it sitting by itself on the end of the fairings tree.

Plus, I would love to be able to at least see the names of the nodes a node will unlock, even if I can't see what's in them, so I can make SOME long-term judgement.

Other than that, very nice mod. Thumbs up!

Plus, I would love to be able to at least see the names of the nodes a node will unlock, even if I can't see what's in them, so I can make SOME long-term judgement.

if that is even possible i would love to see it to.

Hey Arachnidek, i think i found a little issue

Otherwise it would be a wrong description.

When you have R&D at lvl 1 research nodes over 100 Science say: "You can't research nodes with costs over 100 science" or similar.

When you try to research nodes with exactly 100 science cost, it says: "Node has unresearched requirements"

It took me a little while now to figure out, why i couldn't research it.

Are nodes with 100 science meant to be researched at R&D Lvl 1, or is just the description missleading?

Edited by BlueTiger12
Think i was a bit sleepy when typing, or why would i call you ADIOS :D

I searched the thread and didnt find anything. I hate to give you more work, but.

I think that the FASA progression should follow the path it did the US space program? that is to say, explorer -> mercury -> gemini -> apollo. Right now you basically get access to the same parts of them at the same time, which both adds redundancy, and by the time you can build mercury, you can already build apollo.

Hi Arachnidek,

I have 2 questions:

1. Could you please include support for this mod in your next release ?

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/612/QuizTech%20Aero%20Pack (i would suggest cockpits go under cockpits, same as Mk2 from porkjet, and engines and fans under VTOL)

2. I am using a modified version of your unmanned v15 in an existing save. Now if I would want to add the mod from above in the tech tree OF THE SAVE, how would i do that ?

- I am aware that if i just add mod, it will probably pop up under unmanned flight or something, but i would really like to put it under cockpits and vtols for the existing save as described. Would modifying the tech tree be enough, or would i need to fiddle with persistence file in a way. (i am not sure how treemanager loads the tree - does it simply point to your tree, or once tree is loaded into save, it sticks there)

I already started making a new youtube series and would hate to have to re-do things as i could not add the parts to relevant nodes

*UPDATE* I did some Exploration, and found the case to be the following:

1. TechManager Loads tree during the load of the game (initial boot, not savegame load)

2. So, assuming that you have not yet researched mod parts node (where they belong) in the tech tree if you updated the tech tree before the load of the save you are golden, all will be updated

a. If you did research the mod parts node, simply go into persistent.sfs, find the parts in the file (somewhere under ResearchAndDevelopment - states Available above), and just delete them after you have updated tree

That's it.

That being said Arachnidek, I have proposal for allocation Quiztech Aero Parts:

- name = mk2-1AdapterIntakes - under - title = Air Intake

- name = KFAN, name = razorMk1, name = cyclone, name = K-35B - under title = Vtol

- name = quizTechMk1EagleCockpit, name = quizTechMk2ThunderboltCockpit - under title = Cockpits

- name = mk2ProbeNose - under title = Advanced Cockpits

- name = rcsJet - under title = Advanced RCS

Edited by Grunf911
found solution

I just started playing with this mod, and it's amazingly fun tree, but I have one burning request.

Sum Dum Heavy Industries.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52362-0-90-0-Sum-Dum-Heavy-Industries-Service-Module-System-(V2-4-27-December-2014)

I'm sure you've heard of it, its been around for years, and makes pretty service rockets.

Thanks

Totally loving this mod, completely rejuvenates career expansion. I realize you have quite a full plate of things to take care of, but I do have to say that Tantares and TantaresLV would be a great addition :wink:

I second, third, and fourth this.

Tantares has my favorite capsules hands down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.