[WIN] KerbalFactory 0.1.1 ALPHA - Parts spreadsheet and editor

Shinsaka

KerbalFactory

Resurrecting my old Kerbal Parts Editor project as KerbalFactory, a tool designed to visualize parts and resources spreadsheets.

Still in WIP status, an Alpha version is available now for testing!

Screenshots

Album: http://imgur.com/a/Qb3KK

KerbalFactory Alpha Preview

Download

KerbalFactory v0.1.1 ALPHA

Sources and releases are available on Github!

Current Features (Alpha)

• Browse to your KSP Install Folder and get all the existing parts and resource definitions in detailed and customisable spreadsheets.
  • Check many parts parameters with one glance on the list, like costs, mass or drag values.
  • Move, resize, hide or show table columns.
  • See parts resources in Units or Liters, and check total costs, mass and quantities.
  • Use filters and text search to display precise parts or resources.
  • Want to know the density of a resource definition in kg/m3 ? There's a column for that!

Planned Features

• More supported parts parameters and filters.
  • Spreadsheet templates for quick filtering and columns display.
  • Part Editor: check and edit a part parameters, resources and modules, or create a new part.
  • Resource Editor: same thing as above, but for resource definitions.
  • Module Editor: manage and create module templates.
  • Comprehensive help and description of each parameters.
  • Save spreadsheets to clipboard or CSV files.
  • Edit other config files.
  • Backup config files.
  • Support for ModuleManager:
    • List of all MM config files.
    • Choose and preview MM changes.
    • Edit or create MM patchs.

Changelog

Spoiler

Version 0.1.1 Alpha

• More part and resource parameters.
  • Automated fields loading from a ConfigNode to an object.
  • Optimization of tables loading and filtering.
  • Better debug log messages.
  • Corrected issue with table scrollbars.
  • ElectricCharge is displayed as kilowatts (kW), and other part resources as game units (u), liters (L), tons (t) and funds (f).
  • Part resources, calculations, and some parameters columns are now hidden by default.

Version 0.1.0 Alpha

• Initial release.

KFUtil.dll

This joined DLL file is able to parse KSP config files and produce lists of parts and resource definitions (and modules later). You are free to use it for your own projets, as long as you respect KerbalFactory's license. Note that KFUtil is in Alpha stage and is not ready yet for real use. I will write a documentation to help with KFUtil public functions use. Source is available on Github.

Please report any bug or issue here or on Github's issue tracker. Help and suggestions are also greatly welcome!

KerbalFactory is licensed under a BY-NC-SA 4 Creative Commons License. Meaning you can do whatever you want with my project if you credit me and don't use if for commercial use.

Edited by Shinsaka
KerbalFactory v0.1.1 ALPHA

• 2 months later...
Do you have a release date set. I would love to try this out :)

Hello and thanks for your interest! I know I'm very late with this project and I apologize for it. I think I can release an Alpha version very soon, that will be able to read part config files (I finally figured out how Squad do it), but still not edit or create new ones yet.

Hello and thanks for your interest! I know I'm very late with this project and I apologize for it. I think I can release an Alpha version very soon, that will be able to read part config files (I finally figured out how Squad do it), but still not edit or create new ones yet.

Just let us know when. I would like to use this to keep track of all the different parts i have from different mods. Because, i am creating different craft, power stations and rovers. Want to make sure i have listed the different mods that are required to used said equipment

Nice!

Too funny...As soon as I saw the screenshot, I thought that looks like something from KSP ModAdmin....

Then I read the Thanx to MacTee at the bottom...lol

I'm looking forward to this. I use KSP MA to help me pare down unused parts from mods, and one thing it doesnt have, that would make it a lot easier, is to show stats for each part, so they could be compared, so it would make it easier to trim out parts that are functionally the same...

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Any chance of this getting a release? If not, anyone know of another tool that can list all parts from the GameData folder in a text list?

Would like to have a checklist of all parts in my install, but doing it by hand is difficult and easy to make mistakes and omissions. Cheers!

• 5 months later...

Sorry for disappearing for so long! I'm back, and not empty handed. My old Kerbal Parts Editor project is now rebooted as KerbalFactory, with an Alpha version available for download right now from Github !

KerbalFactory 0.1.0 Alpha

This alpha inclues the following working features:

• Load parts and resource definitions from a valid KSP install directory.
  • Auto-detect KSP if KerbalFactory is run from its install directory.
  • Manage multiple KSP install paths.
  • Display resource definitions parameters and some calculations.
  • Display some parts parameters (more coming) and resources.
  • Allow user to move, resize, hide and show table columns.
  • Parts and resources can be filtered by text search or by predefined filters.
  • Saves settings and log into a KerbalFactory folder.

Please report any bug you can encounter. Help and suggestions are welcome!

Edited by Shinsaka
typo

Hey man, getting this error: [WRN 10:02:21.483] PartResourceList: Already contains resource of name 'IntakeAtm'. Heres my log: http://pastebin.com/6dWm16Rx  

Edit: Removed a cfg called IntakeAtm.cfg and that fixed that error, but know its giving me "[WRN 10:02:21.483] PartResourceList: Already contains resource of name 'LqdFluorine'"  

Edit 2: Fixed the resource stuff, but now theres an error saying "Requested value 'OVERRIDE' not found.

Edited by bananashavings

7 hours ago, bananashavings said:

Hey man, getting this error: [WRN 10:02:21.483] PartResourceList: Already contains resource of name 'IntakeAtm'. Heres my log: http://pastebin.com/6dWm16Rx  

Edit: Removed a cfg called IntakeAtm.cfg and that fixed that error, but know its giving me "[WRN 10:02:21.483] PartResourceList: Already contains resource of name 'LqdFluorine'"  

Edit 2: Fixed the resource stuff, but now theres an error saying "Requested value 'OVERRIDE' not found.

Resource definitions and parts are, like in KSP, listed by unique names in KerbalFactory. If there's two items with the same name, the first (in folders/files alphabetical order) will be recorded and the second will rise a harmless warning.

I don't understand the last error, do you know the .cfg file where the word "OVERRIDE" appears ? Or can you give me your mod list ?

• 3 weeks later...

KerbalFactory version 0.1.1 Alpha is now available!

Changelog:

• More part and resource parameters.
  • Automated fields loading from a ConfigNode to an object.
  • Optimization of tables loading and filtering.
  • Better debug log messages.
  • Corrected issue with table scrollbars.
  • ElectricCharge is displayed as kilowatts (kW), and other part resources as game units (u), liters (L), tons (t) and funds (f).
  • Part resources, calculations, and some parameters columns are now hidden by default.

KF should now work better with large numbers of parts and resource definitions (filtering parts was crashing with CRP installed).

• 1 month later...

I made a lil mistake : ElectricCharge quantities should be displayed in kJ (kilojoules), and EC consumption/production in kW (kilowatts), since 1 watt = 1 joule/sec.
Assuming that 1EC = 1kJ or 1kW second. Seems the case for several mods.
It's minor, and will be corrected in the next update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.