Do you employ stupid kerbals?

If I'm hiring any I only want full stupid and full courage! 8)

I'd be curious to find out what the stats do though.

Reading some stuff someone indicated the stupidity bar may mean they are smarter the more it is filled in. That depresses me. I wanted my full bar to be full on stupid and full on courageous. I thought it fit the game more! 8) The only good Kerbal is a dumb Kerbal!

They mentioned an invisible stat for jeb called BadS or Baddass. I thought it was his dumb courageous stat combo that did it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/42096-Courage-Stupidity-Affect-anything/page2 I don't know if any of that is accurate though.

If it's not now I hope they change it later so the more full the stupid bar the dumber they are!! 8) Makes them better for missions that way potentially.

Edited by Arugela

Its easy... the more courages a kerbal is, the longer it will stay cool and the more stupid a kerbal is, the faster it recovers from critical moments. All that is just for controlling the expressions in the IVA view, as far as i know (it was explained some time ago here on the forums). Also, some of them have a hidden badass attribute, which makes them cool as rock, just like Jeb.

Hopefully we will see a mechanic someday, that will influence the kerbals performance as well... imagine a pilot not being able to hold course, due to panic from shaky rockets...

[edit] and to stay on the main topic... yes i do employ stupid kerbals... i employ kerbals by coolness of names, not by their stats.

Edited by Frank_G

Not unless I'm hiring them in bulk for an outpost or station.

If I am, all bets are off. Clicky clicky clicky clicky, then everyone gets in the pods and off you go.

What's the point of filling up your stations or outposts?

What's the point of filling up your stations or outposts?

Crewing science labs, spare crew for missions in case the scientist/engineer got left behind or floated off somewhere, and not much else beyond that.

Mostly, I just like having them in orbit.

I really dont care, i actually find a nice variety best, as its kindof fun to see some scraed to death, others laughing their faces off, and yet others deorbiting themselves and leaving a bright orange streak as they fly thru the atmosphere at crazy velocities.

Since I use MKS/OKS and other mods that require smart kerbals to function well, I tend to hire a lot more smart kerbals. Though even the not so smart kerbals can be useful in one shot missions that doesn't require them to be very smart - or actually, they require them to be not smart, because one shot suicide missions...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.