Missing Alt-F12 Menu

My alt-F12 menu has gone missing again and has been gone for about 3 weeks.

I have a relatively short list of mods installed, but I've tried loading a base install and its still missing. It did magically come back for about a week early January but its been missing again for a while.

I also can't seem to find any way to re-map it.

Alt-F11 brings up some kind of file dump thingy, the other Alts also seem to work just fine. Yes, Alt-F4 works great! Alt-F12...nothing.

It may not be missing, you may have accidentally moved so far to the edge of your screen you can no longer see it. There is a way to reset the game environment that involves erasing a game file and forcing the game to rebuild it.

I erased the entire game from my HDD and completely re-installed KSP...fresh build with no mods, still missing.

I'm wondering if anything I have running in the background might be competing, but nothing turns up on a google search. I've shut down my mail client, print client, Steam, and TS which are the only things running that I can think of. I haven't added anything new in this regard in months, so no explanation for the fact that it came back for a week and disappeared again.

If they could add the ability to re-map Alt-F12 menu to the bug list, that would be awesome.

On some keyboards the F11 and F12 keys are doubled up with other functions, and as there is no Alt+F11 function built into KSP that I know of I suspect your use of Alt+F11 is activating something external to the game, and your Alt+F12 is not being passed to KSP at all...

Alt-F11 is used by ModuleManager to reload the database when its installed. I think that's been a feature since 2.0.0+ When I had it installed it worked just fine.

I'll try a different keyboard tonight, currently using a Razer Deathstalker.

-------Update-------------

I downloaded a Keyboard testing application and found out that my F12 key is dead as a door nail. The rest of my keyboard is just fine, every key except F12. I tried a few tricks to get it working again, but its not even registering through bios. Off to Wally World for my once a year visit...ugh.

Edited by PolecatEZ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.