[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

Hello,

While Kopernicus really is a great MOD I dont understand why we have KittopiaTech AND OuterPlanets MOD; is it because one is a testbed and this one is 'more stable' ?

Outer Planets seems to have Biomes integrated and here we are having to add code for it which since the DLL has been 'modified' from the original who knows what is going on anymore...and we seemingly have to hunt down which versions to use for whatever reasons; altho the more the merrier is fine, which one are we supposed to use that is the most stable? I prefer stability of quantity of usefulness.

That said there is a problem with atmospherics using OPM but then again it is probly with Kittopia; I also want the ability to 'ADD' or 'carbon copy'; I didnt see that right off hand with OPM and I havnt tested Biomes yet; I want to look at Custom Biomes as well; and the Texture Pack Skybox and Reflections.

I will be lookin around; probly I will go back to the Original Kopernicus and study the threads; if this is the only MOD to which I can carbon copy planets/moons it is probly a winner; then I can use Kittopia to do some fashion work (lol).

There is also the flightGlobalindex number convention we got to nail down...there was a list somewhere...

Did you also modify 'Kittopia' to work with this version of KopernicusTech (?); it wasnt so clear to me.

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Alright guys, my starfix working now (without deleting code ^^): The clue was, that stars actually don't have a CelestialBody-Module. But Tekno used this Module to read the semiMajorAxis from the bodys, which caused the crashes with installed stars. I've switched the variables from the (non-existant) CelestialBody-variable to the Kopernicus-generated OrbitDriver, so that we have fully working stars AND R&D sorted planets. :wink: Pull requests to Tekno and Gravitasi are submitted. :wink:

Until they merge it: https://github.com/ThomasKerman/Kopernicus (Pure Kopernicus) and https://www.dropbox.com/s/2geiotln087y2f0/Kopernicus.dll?dl=0 (KopernicusTech.dll) ;)

*screams, falls out of chair, and dies*

I didn't scream but I got all giddy at first...I was hoping this lil fix might take care of the issue with contracts vanishing in career mode but it didn't :(

Mhhmm...the contracts are procedurally generated by the Game, I don't think that we can do something against This. But if you could explain the issiue a bit more, I will look into this. (probably :))

Post #704 from CaptRobau is a forward from a post I made in the OPM thread. Basically any contract concerning an OPM planet or moon gets wiped out upon any scene change. It looks like the game completely reloads the contract system on each scene change and for some reason if there is even one OPM based contract active, then all active contracts get wiped from the list.

Here is some other relevant stuff:

If I SHIFT-F12 and check, *sometimes* some of them do still appear there as active, but not in the games actual contract window. Most of the time they just vanish all together.

I can SHIFT-F12 and accept a contract and it's all good if I can complete it without initiating a scene change, but, one scene change in the middle of that mission and poof, contract gone.

CaptRobau thinks it's probably not an OPM issue, since Kittopia/Kopernicus plugin is what handles the contracts.

All upfront money from contracts I accept stay when the contract vanishes, and eventually that/those contracts do show up again...I can repeat that cycle alone and become stupid rich.

If you know of a way I can isolate and better show you what's happening, just let me know. There are a couple screenshots and the log from one instance of it happening to me back in post #704 :)

Ok so I should have done this sooner as I just realized Gravitasi asked me about it and since I haven't seen anyone try to use HeightColorMap or Craters yet I'll go ahead and post an example of how to use it. Below is a config for a adding a HeightColorMap and craters to a body such as Tylo. In this example I named the planet Mars with a radius of 60k.

(some code here)

And below are two pictures of the planet from map view and in a low orbit.

http://i.imgur.com/LfFOaLz.png

http://i.imgur.com/Fw0WNVP.jpg

I got the scaledspace by using the export function of kittopia.

The parameters you should tweak are the LandClass {} for the HeightColorMap.

name can be anything as you'll not see it anywhere. altStart and End is the level at which you want the color to start and stop at and color is obviously the color you want it to be. lerpToNext should be true except for the last one, which should false.

You should play around with these numbers to see what you like. You can get some interesting results. Having the numbers go up sequentially as I have allows for each color to be blended smoothly into each other but you can have one stop at .3, and the next start at .4 for a more hard line. Play around with it. It should be noted that you cannot edit this through the GUI so you'll have to edit the config and then just hit the load button in the GUI to see the new results.

As far as craters, just add PQSMod_VoronoiCraters and then play with the numbers to see what you like. These can all be edited through the GUI.

Enjoy!

Oh and this will require the latest version of KittopiaTech from Gravitasi. Not sure if the thread was updated or not as I haven't been following too closely.

Thanks! I'll put a link to this post on the OP later.

I haven't updated the plugin yet, since there are still some things that I would like to change/add on KittopiaTech side.

Hey people, I found a bug related to Kopernicus Tech on 32bit Windows opengl install: if you do too many "load" sessions using the Kittopia UI, suddenly, the planet you're editing turnes white and some kind of red hue replaces the rim... it happened to me twice today, before fixing it to update my mod.

I have experienced this bug since the time of PlanetFactory CE. Not really sure what caused it so far, probably it's a texture memory allocation failure.

Fortunately, there's an easy workaround. Just do a quicksave, followed by a quickload. Then, load the configuration again. The texture should be loaded correctly now.

Alright guys, my starfix working now (without deleting code ^^): The clue was, that stars actually don't have a CelestialBody-Module. But Tekno used this Module to read the semiMajorAxis from the bodys, which caused the crashes with installed stars. I've switched the variables from the (non-existant) CelestialBody-variable to the Kopernicus-generated OrbitDriver, so that we have fully working stars AND R&D sorted planets. :wink: Pull requests to Tekno and Gravitasi are submitted. :wink:

Until they merge it: https://github.com/ThomasKerman/Kopernicus (Pure Kopernicus) and https://www.dropbox.com/s/2geiotln087y2f0/Kopernicus.dll?dl=0 (KopernicusTech.dll) ;)

Nice! :)

@ All contract-related poster:

AFAIK, Kopernicus hasn't added any code for contracts yet. So, it's actually not surprising that there may be some problems on Career gameplay.

Thank you man for clarifying.

Also, I've been experimenting wi

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you man for clarifying.

Also, I've been experimenting with back holes lately and I've allready finished the gas clouds using Kittopia, the black hole itself is black, and I also have 2 blue-purple thin but fast clouds from polar ejections of the black hole.

The only issue I have is that I can't seem to make it generate light without giving it a sun flare. Also, the light only seems to work when I zoom in. It then disappears and appears again if I play a bit more with Zoom up and down. My black hole kittopia .cfg is not different from the ones used in Kirius that I heard they work. Is it just a 32 bit Windows opengl bug? I'll test this tomorow, without opengl to see if it causes the same problem .

Also, I got a brown dwarf starr orbiting the black hole with a gas cloud being sucked from it, but it has the same star problem.

PLEASE HELP!

Also, I have another problem, this time with Voronoi craters. When I tried your example config on one of my planets and modifyed it corespondently, I get a very strange bug, no sure if it's from opengl, but when I enter to test my planet using a Ranger from the Endurance mod, the VAB/SPH appears frozen. I can't launch, I can't do anything. Also, tweakables will no longer work... from now on, I am thinking to drop opengl when developing my mod, because it is too paintfull to just deal with all those bugs... at least if there's no bug at me, there's no bug in a user that has my mod and runs 32Windows with opengl... :)

I am trying to export a heightmap for kerbin with KT. The output is 2048x1024 which is a little low for kerbin at least I read I can change the resolution of the output using mapFilesize in pqs. I tried changing it from what it started at 4096 to 8192, but the output from scaledspace export is still 2048x1024. Is there some formatting issue on my part, or does this function not work? Thanks!

The lighting issue is fixed by setting the normal map to 50% opacity if you use PNG or by simply using DDS

How do I set opacity of the normal map? I tried using Gimp and looked for a youtube video on how to do it, and only found one showing how to do full opacity. I tried various things and still couldn't get it right. Or can I change the settings on this tool http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/ - I can't figure out if there is an option on how to set opacity.

In the mean time I have taken Kopernicus and Kittopia as separate mods out of another mod and placed them in the GameData file in a fresh copy of KSP. This seems to allow me to land on the planet without it reverting to its template planet.

How do I set opacity of the normal map? I tried using Gimp and looked for a youtube video on how to do it, and only found one showing how to do full opacity. I tried various things and still couldn't get it right. Or can I change the settings on this tool http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/ - I can't figure out if there is an option on how to set opacity.

In the mean time I have taken Kopernicus and Kittopia as separate mods out of another mod and placed them in the GameData file in a fresh copy of KSP. This seems to allow me to land on the planet without it reverting to its template planet.

Open your image with GIMP.Go to Windows > Dockable Dialogs > Layers.

You will see a small window that includes opacity.Now drag the blue bar down to 50.

I am trying to export a heightmap for kerbin with KT. The output is 2048x1024 which is a little low for kerbin at least I read I can change the resolution of the output using mapFilesize in pqs. I tried changing it from what it started at 4096 to 8192, but the output from scaledspace export is still 2048x1024. Is there some formatting issue on my part, or does this function not work? Thanks!

Anyone able to change the output resolution?

Hey, people... I managed to add a new better texture to Kerbin by modifying the System.cfg file, since It doesn't seem to work with module manager confirm. The only problem I have is that the custom texture works, but if I try to launch a ship it appears at - 55555 sunk into Kerbin or Sun. How do I fix this? Also, I can't apply a new texture via Kittitas either, since that causes the surface and space center to disappear. Is this happening only on Kerbin?

Hello,

Oopsies....lol I made a whole speel here and put in in the wrong thread....

So, I am using OPM1.6 and OP+1.7; I did not use Kopernicus Tech download; I think Capt Rob said they were compatible (??); well I could not see this and I tried for 2-3 days and gave up...sorry but this version did not work for me; just thought you should know dont ask me why cause honestly I am clueless...personally I would let OPM use the Kopernicus version they are using and drop this one...

If I am doing something wrong that is fine and only my problem...at least I tried as this one allowed ease of use to make a planet/moon; however afterwards I couldnt even land on one I made...

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
slight wrong thread boo boo ...

Outer planets is not compatible with KT, It uses it to work!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, my OP+ has some BIG flaws that will be fixed in tomorrow's update. Also, you could try Kerbol Plus, made by me that is a much, much better pack than my OP+ and it's based on the original GasPlanet2 plans from SQUAD. Also, you could try to analyse the code used by me for my planets from Kerbol+, since I think my pack is the easiest one to use for learning.

The link is in my signature.

Has anyone been experiencing phantom forces? All craft that use ion engines get randomly 'pushed', both while burning and not burning. I think I have it narrowed down to this or RealFuels... Does anyone here have any corroboratory experience?

Hi,

Kerbol + worked only in Planet Factory; I couldnt port any of the planets/moons over; I really wanted Yukon but I made due with OP+ and some other planet pack moons which in the long run may be a better fit; I am very happy with the way my Kerbol system is turning out !

I am looking at real maps of IO and Europa and Titan; I may mess with it after I get my system done; I still have to readd my MODS...

Cmdr Zeta