[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

Hello i am working on recreating the Sol System in ksp and i am wondering if there is a way to make a star with kopernicus because everytime i try it crashes my game or the system does not show up ( i am useing jool right now as a temperary replacement for sol )

link : https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/571/The%20Sol%20Project

//Sol System
// By: TheBlackDwarf

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = Sol
flightGlobalsIndex = 750
Template
{
name = Jool
}
Properties
{
description = Sol

radius = 261600000

mass = 2.4498052595297E+24

geeASL = 0.66666668375
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
color = 0.182,0.168,0.88,1
inclination = 177.639999389648
eccentricity = 0.0452146753668785
semiMajorAxis = 287822381056
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 61
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 5.59607362747192
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
}
}
}
Body
{
name = Mercury
flightGlobalsIndex = 450
Template
{
name = Moho
}
Properties
{
description = Mercury
radius = 250000
geeASL = 2.2
tidallyLocked = False
rotationPeriod = 55754
initialRotation = 30
ScienceValues
{
}
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sol
inclination = 3.5
eccentricity = 0
semiMajorAxis = 1421339412.91969
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
color = 0.35,0.325,0.3,1.0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Sol/Textures/Mercury_map
bump = Sol/Textures/Mercury_bump
}
}
}
Body
{
name = Venus
flightGlobalsIndex = 450
Template
{
name = Eve
}
Properties
{
description = Venus
radius = 250000
geeASL = 2.2
tidallyLocked = False
rotationPeriod = 55754
initialRotation = 30
ScienceValues
{
}
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sol
inclination = 3.5
eccentricity = 0
semiMajorAxis = 4088097171.35227
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
color = 0.35,0.325,0.3,1.0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Sol/Textures/Venus_map
bump = Sol/Textures/Venus_bump
}
}
}
}

Stars were fixed, but I'm not sure the changed was merged into kittopiatech yet.

Ok so I should have done this sooner as I just realized Gravitasi asked me about it and since I haven't seen anyone try to use HeightColorMap or Craters yet I'll go ahead and post an example of how to use it. Below is a config for a adding a HeightColorMap and craters to a body such as Tylo. In this example I named the planet Mars with a radius of 60k.

PlanetMars
{
AdditionalData
{
Stock = False
AddAtmoFx = False
AddOceanFx = False
UnlitOcean = False
ModScaledAtmoShader = False
AddRings = False
AddParticles = False
DisableOrbitRenderer = False
}
Orbit
{
semiMajorAxis = 12579852236
eccentricity = 0.0534
inclination = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 2.88114666938782
epoch = 359.279999999964
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
LAN = 0
RefBody = Sun
orbitColor = RGBA(0.871, 0.722, 0.529, 1.000)
}
PQS
{

PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
{
modEnabled = False
}

PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = GameData\Kopernicus\Textures\odd\test.png
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightNoiseVertHeightCurve2
{
modEnabled = False
}

PQSCity
{
modEnabled = False
}
PQSMod_HeightColorMap
{
blend = 1
lcCount = 4
sphere = Mars (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 500
Parent = Mars
HMLandclass[]
{
Landclass
{
name = Ice
altStart = -1.0
altEnd = 0.3
color = RGBA(0.286, 0.305, 0.221, 1.000)
lerpToNext = True
}
Landclass
{
name = Ground
altStart = 0.3
altEnd = 0.4
color = RGBA(0.444, 0.513, 0.096, 1.000)
lerpToNext = True
}
Landclass
{
name = Snow
altStart = 0.4
altEnd = 0.5
color = RGBA(0.444, 0.323, 0.094, 1.000)
lerpToNext = True
}
Landclass
{
name = Snow
altStart = 0.5
altEnd = 1
color = RGBA(0.286, 0.305, 0.221, 1.000)
lerpToNext = False
}
}
}
PQSMod_VertexColorMap
{
modEnabled = False
}
PQSMod_VoronoiCraters
{
deformation = 1000
voronoiSeed = 12323
voronoiDisplacement = 0
voronoiFrequency = 6
simplexSeed = 123123
simplexOctaves = 3
simplexPersistence = 0.5
simplexFrequency = 50
jitter = 0
jitterHeight = 0
rFactor = 0.5
rOffset = 1
colorOpacity = 1
DebugColorMapping = False
sphere = Mars (PQS)
modEnabled = True
order = 100
Parent = Mars
}

}
}

And below are two pictures of the planet from map view and in a low orbit.

LfFOaLz.png

Fw0WNVP.jpg

I got the scaledspace by using the export function of kittopia.

The parameters you should tweak are the LandClass {} for the HeightColorMap.

name can be anything as you'll not see it anywhere. altStart and End is the level at which you want the color to start and stop at and color is obviously the color you want it to be. lerpToNext should be true except for the last one, which should false.

You should play around with these numbers to see what you like. You can get some interesting results. Having the numbers go up sequentially as I have allows for each color to be blended smoothly into each other but you can have one stop at .3, and the next start at .4 for a more hard line. Play around with it. It should be noted that you cannot edit this through the GUI so you'll have to edit the config and then just hit the load button in the GUI to see the new results.

As far as craters, just add PQSMod_VoronoiCraters and then play with the numbers to see what you like. These can all be edited through the GUI.

Enjoy!

Oh and this will require the latest version of KittopiaTech from Gravitasi. Not sure if the thread was updated or not as I haven't been following too closely.

Edited by Borisbee

Yeah... I had to fix it before you did, so I would not need to make another apology post. :P

Nice info, thanks! :)

By the way, how did you check out the textures of the stock planets?

Unity Assets Explorer

Well, in my oppinion, Kaiser wasn't a good pack anyway...

Well... I agree It wasn't very good, The textures for Kaiser were Crap unless you use the clouds, What I do hope is that "Kaiser 2" will correct these flaws and gaps.

No I meant procedural generation of terrestrial planets.

Well... I agree It wasn't very good, The textures for Kaiser were Crap unless you use the clouds, What I do hope is that "Kaiser 2" will correct these flaws and gaps.

No I meant procedural generation of terrestrial planets.

If you mean procedural in the "random generation" sense of the word, then no you can't do that.

Hi, I'm trying to use Kopernicus Tech to make a planet. I have two problems: One is that the sunlight on the planet is not coming from the same direction as the sun; the light is set at about 90 degrees to the sun - what's up with this? The second problem is that When I land on the planet the texture reverts to Laythe. I have tried updating the texture, but all I get is a map of some planet that is neither Laythe nor the planet that I am making. Any suggestions?

Is there any way to balance an increase in deformity? I have resized Kerbin to twice the radius and deformity. This however leads to the rolling hill being quite intrusive and covering some of KSC. I am have a hard time reducing that and keeping tall mountains. Any advice? Is there an way to flatten some terrain without losing mountain height? Thanks!

K people, what If I don't use a normal map? I've b een experimenting with it removed and that seems to fix the shadow bug (cuz tyere's no normal obviously...).

A problem I encountered everytime when using KT is that when I look at the plamet from hight up, the hills and other geological formations are not detailed (like a hill drawn on a paper) and when I aproach the surface, all becomes detailed and everything works. Help me fix this...

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any way to balance an increase in deformity? I have resized Kerbin to twice the radius and deformity. This however leads to the rolling hill being quite intrusive and covering some of KSC. I am have a hard time reducing that and keeping tall mountains. Any advice? Is there an way to flatten some terrain without losing mountain height? Thanks!

well, I know there should be something in the Kittopia config that should help you... I just don't know how you could change deformity for stock planets without dealing with the usual enormous pile of code that generates in the Kittopia folder after you reload ScaledSpace...

@amarius1

I just leave what I dont need untouched. Its still functioning for your configs too you just don't see it. It is still configured in game. What is it that I can use I am still learning the best uses and functions of the different pqs configs

Hey people, I found a bug related to Kopernicus Tech on 32bit Windows opengl install: if you do too many "load" sessions using the Kittopia UI, suddenly, the planet you're editing turnes white and some kind of red hue replaces the rim... it happened to me twice today, before fixing it to update my mod.

Also, another bug I'm having, this time with an ocean planet: from hight up it looks like a stock Laythe normal is overaped over the usual normal map.

Here's quite a severe bug surrounding contracts, with some good documentation, so hopefully it can be fixed quickly.

FYI I removed and reinstalled OPM completely and the vanishing contract issue still continues. I was hoping it was something from the upgrade to 1.6 that caused it but it appears not to be the case.

(EDIT) Did more testing and it's definitely the scene change that does it, changing focus, or going back and forth between map views doesn't affect it. I was able to accept the Explore Sarnus contract and complete it without changing scenes at all, several previous tries were all wiped out with any scene change. I grabbed a couple screenshots and the player.log right after accepting explore tekto and eeloo contracts, I hope there is something in them that the Devs of this mod can use, because otherwise, this is truly a game breaker for career mode.

http://i.imgur.com/TjZuAgf.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/nE05Vj9.png?1

And the Log file here.

Hello,

Well the last question was kinda funny and moot if I am not mistaken...You dont use PF as this is a separate planet MOD that (if it is like Kopernicus) remaps the entire Kerbol system so that extra planets/moons can be added; I dont know how this compares to RSS; and PF with Kerbin+ which is what I am using is taking up 1Gigs of RAM; I would like to get into this to save some game memory so I am testing this...hopefully...

I just looked at this...err where are the new planets...we have to make them?! Are their packs for this maybe I check...

Edit: Tell me that Kittopia can save the planet/moons as from the .bin to .dds with textures an all?! I hope to try this if it works you can bet I will do a stream on it - nice !

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Planet Factory is an unstable mess. Why in the name of Kod would you want to use it? KopernicusTech is far superior and uses much less memory.

I disagree. I find PlanetFactory's config setups more agreeable and intuitive, and in my experience it has always used much less memory. Never crashes, either.

Hello,

Not only that it saves some memory which is always a good thing. My only problem now is I dont know how to use Kittopia to 'supposedly' (?) create a planet/moon yet (well I just read the readme so now I will give it a whirl).

As for streaming it depends on how flexible this (Kittopia) is; there were also some differences in orbit lines; there were no colors in PF whereas here the lines had some color to them and didnt look so blaring...I give this MOD a THUMBS UP !

Now for memory...PF w/Trans_Nep was 1 Gigs of RAM...KopTech w/Trans_Nep 450Megs including memory creep; it was about 200Megs at first but I left it running over an hour; I generally play for a good hour and restart the game due to having so many MODS.

I couldnt use Kittopia before; I will let you know how it goes; there are those inner moons that I 'need' from Planet Factory (even tho I dont have missions/science for them yet); because of my high science requirements I think it is the only to get out deep space.

I need to try the fastest time warp and test rocket explosions; someone said they explode at 100k rate; I didnt see that with KopernicusTech (yet)...maybe they used deadly re-entry and forgot.

Edit: LOTS of tweaks and trial and error modding planets/moons with this; if you dont know what you are doing and make too many changes you can really mess things up; I am hoping Hyperedit will save time in changing orbits (I am not sure if Hyperedit changes are persistent though...one could use it to get the numbers though to save ALOT of crunch time !!) This is defintely a streamable MOD once I learn how to use some of it efficently.

I wanted to ask I see that the Kopernicus DLL is still used; how does this differ from Kopernicus MOD? Is it a different DLL? (EDIT: I reread first post ie this is a Modified Kopernicus DLL Thanks !)

Almost forgot - there's hardly any stars; can texture replacer Starbox be used? I can look into it as well later.

Edit (!): TIPS For Beginners Like Me ! - DONT HIT "INSTANTIATE" AND "SCALEDSPACE UPDATER" ! Note to self !

Edit: I think I created my first Biome(s) and moved Oorma to a Kerbin Moon and changed it;s SOI to match that of Minmus etc; added an atmosphere and some EFX then hit the above and messed it up lol...I gonna try again and stream it - what fun ! (And now I just found a way to 'carbon-copy a moon'...does this ever end !!)

Edit: So ya I am ready to watch my KSP space explode with an added moon and Outer Planets Mod ported over ! I will probly loose OPM mostly as it will take up too much space that and the .bin files are probly not consistent with Kopernicus Tech (I think it was only meant for Kopernicus ! I have almost all my MODS loaded too lol...) - Time to stream ...

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

I'm trying to add biomes to my planet. But everytime I start KSP, the debug screen shows the following message in red:

[Exception]: ParserTargetMissingException: Missing non-optional field:

Kopernicus.Configuration.Biome.Color

All my planets won't load. I looked through this thread and saw some people with similar problems, but haven't found a solution that works for me.

Maybe it's a realy simple mistake I made, I don't know. Can someone help out?

My config file: http://pastebin.com/0iFWaTqB