[0.90] TWISB - Stock Rebalance Patch

PDCWolf

TWISB-Stock Rebalance Patch is a collection composed of MM edits and other tricks to rebalance many aspects of Kerbal Space Program. From creating engine diversity to changing the power curve of solar panels. There are also included a couple of hacks to, for example, add RCS to the mk1-2 pod and lifetime to RTGs. New parts are created by modifying the stock ones too, to provide more options and to fill gaps that the stock parts leave open (Probe-sized rcs parts). The problem with physicsless parts is also dealt with for parts where it doesn't make sense (like the size 3 decoupler).

It is good to note uncountable times that this is a work in progress and there are a lot of things missing, but I've been working on this for a while and I really like the results, so I might as well share it with you guys.

Changes in this CFG

•Massive engine rebalance, based on giving each engine a role (upper, middle and lower stage engines), every engine has been touched in a way or another.

•Probe-sized RCS.

•RCS for MK1-2Pod thanks to some dirty hacks

•Huge reduction in reaction wheel torque

•New 1.25m nose cone based on the 2.5m one

•Part mass/impact tolerance rebalance, now most things break when they should, this still needs a lot of work (lots of parts left untouched)

•Removed physics-less attribute on some parts

•RTG lifetime, based on a new resource (that -probably- doesn't conflict with anything, check comments in file)

The file is also filled with comments for your convenience. It has been tested both with stock and with the FAR+KIDS combo and it works wonders.

Warning, read this before using the CFG

•This CFG doesn't include :FOR or other compatibility tags yet, so it may conflict with stuff (although it doesn't change many non-stock stuff)

•It will DEFINITELY conflict with other stock rebalance patches.

•It will change some mod parts (for the solar panel curve for example, it really doesn't care what it changes as long as it has a power curve)

•Doesn't include modulemanager in the bundle, get that one separately.

Engine modification chart

This shows all changes I made to the engines, they have been revised multiple times, but I'm still open to suggestions and criticism (on all of the pack too, not just this bit). Yes, it's an excel. It also shows that if SQUAD wasn't homogenizing ISP values, we would really need more engines than what we have, as there isn't enough variety.

0nHxHKR.jpg

CHANGELOG

v0.01 - Initial public release, still WIP

DOWNLOAD:

KerbalStuff - https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/553/TWISB%20-%20Stock%20Rebalance%20Patch

License:

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by PDCWolf

Little tip regarding the RTG lifetime tingy:

The way KSP batteries work, you can include a few of them empty on rtg-only craft, that way you can store surplus charge not being used by your craft and have it ready to use for when the RTG dies out, extending the lifetime of your craft greatly.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.