Custom Shader Loader 2.0 release

Tuareg

Well, this is a little modder release so you can load any custom pre-compiled shader into KSP and add to gameobjects which are childs of the Part you are adding this plugin. no pics or whatever, this is for other modders.

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/554/Custom%20Shader%20Loader

example of use:

2.0:

MODULE
{
name = shaderLoader

//name of compiled shader file. if the shader is not in the same directory as the .dll, it needs relative path.
shader = energy.shader,energy1.shader //no space in the list
//name of the child object the shader should be applied to : name of the shader / **not the shader file!!!** /
model = Box002:Shieldeffect1,Box003:Shieldeffect2,Box004:Shieldeffect1
}

1.0:

MODULE
{
name = shaderLoader

//name of compiled shader. if the shader is not in the same directory as the .dll, it needs relative path.
shader = energy.shader
//name of the child object the shader should be applied to
model = Box002
}

enjoy :)

license

source included in download

from now on i release only on kerbalstuff. sry

Edited by Tuareg

Interesting. I am always fascinated by these out-of-the-blue mod releases that I never saw coming. I have no clue how these various mods could be used, but it's fun to see what people come up with that I didn't even know I would want.

Also, don't apologize for releasing only on Kerbal Stuff. An apology is only necessary if you don't release there.

Edited by Gaalidas

This looks very interesting indeed.

You said gameobjects, would planets/kerbol work as well? I have a few shaders lying around that would be ideal for planets, but I'm not sure they'd classify.

nope, it works with parts only where you can add a MODULE to the config file :(

Interesting. I am always fascinated by these out-of-the-blue mod releases that I never saw coming. I have no clue how these various mods could be used, but it's fun to see what people come up with that I didn't even know I would want.

Also, don't apologize for releasing only on Kerbal Stuff. An apology is only necessary if you don't release there.

i did apologise because i not anymore release on Curse. that's a crap site, slow buggy and un-intuitive... i just don't have the patience to use it :)

This is boss, because finally we'll be able to make a Gargantua mod that looks the part!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10924219_10206007403770703_3725403742770760808_o.jpg

(Yes, that is a shader I wrote that works in Unity.)

Wow, it that an ingame screen? And what are you working one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

creepy and artifact-y as they are, that stuff looks great. looks like the transparency in the truss-like structure of the launch clamp got messed up in the process too, but that's hardly a game-breaking feature.

Edited by Gaalidas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has someone tried using a Parallax Shader? I think it might be a good looking solution for the map view and a switch to high altitudes view for celestials. Or even things like the runway or mountain/water bump. Clouds!

Just a suggestion.

Another thing would be adding height/normal maps to smoke particles.

Edited by ximrm

• 1 year later...
On 2/1/2015 at 9:28 PM, parameciumkid said:

This is boss, because finally we'll be able to make a Gargantua mod that looks the part!

10924219_10206007403770703_3725403742770760808_o.jpg

(Yes, that is a shader I wrote that works in Unity.)

Can I get a link to the file?  I have a ksp mode that includes gargantua and this would help a lot!

3 minutes ago, SquaredSpekz said:

Did you look at the date of the thread? It's old and probably doesn't work anymore.

well, I can help update it... just.. an fyi, I do have my very own mod

5 minutes ago, SquaredSpekz said:

Did you look at the date of the thread? It's old and probably doesn't work anymore.

also, I was asking for the persons shader, not the shader mod!

Both of them are outmoded.

While I think the Shader Loader plugin will still work, it was based on a feature of the Unity 4 engine that was deprecated and likely to be unavailable in upcoming KSP versions.
And my black hole shader has been completely rewritten, so while it can probably still be made to work, I had plans to make my own mod with it before releasing it to everyone else. Sorry!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.