Join the Kerbal Evolutions forums [RP on an external forum.]

andrew123

So baically you make threads or posts with stories and stuff either from your imagination or a sci fi fandom? Cool. Would there also be like space battle and stuff? Cuz that'd be cool. I could be military general and engineer for a civilization. Yay!

Edited by ejudedude13

Will there be some form of RNG or dice throws to determine outcomes. i.e. How do you prevent someone just making a civilisation of 1337 super droids and saying 'I attack civ (x) and defeat them and eat their brains and steal their powers'?

Something like this could be implemented, where civilisations are given a certain number of dice depending on their strengths, and have to make a roll and post a timestamped screenshot.

Here is another one, incorporated into a chatroom environment, so rolls can be witnessed and verified.

Edited by KerBlam

So baically you make threads or posts with stories and stuff either from your imagination or a sci fi fandom? Cool. Would there also be like space battle and stuff? Cuz that'd be cool. I could be military general and engineer for a civilization. Yay!

Yep :) we kinda WANT those kind of things to happen as that's epic and awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Will there be some form of RNG or dice throws to determine outcomes. i.e. How do you prevent someone just making a civilisation of 1337 super droids and saying 'I attack civ (x) and defeat them and eat their brains and steal their powers'?

Something like this could be implemented, where civilisations are given a certain number of dice depending on their strengths, and have to make a roll and post a timestamped screenshot.

Here is another one, incorporated into a chatroom environment, so rolls can be witnessed and verified.

We will use things like sharing .persistence files or maybe potentially using DMP as a source of battles... You will obviously need to have REAL crafts on the save for those to work ofc.

If you haven't- I suggest watching Macey Dean as that will be the kind of battles we will be having. Your hits are based on your accuracy and your damage is based on your weapon. Everything is done in KSP.

-snip-

Here's some things I might be looking for in the future:

1. Experienced programmers.

2. Applied Mathematics Majors

3. Economists (even free time hobbyist investors)

4. People willing to do internal test drives of software

5. Experienced GUI and mobile app designers.

I'm no master, but if you need a programmer, I know HTML and CSS, and I can make a pretty good website. Not that you'd need a website, but if you need someone with enough experience in those languages to make a good website (or whatever), I'm here.

Unless I'm interpreting the list wrong.

Edited by Uberlyuber

I feel like this has deviated from the Kerbalverse so much that it might as well not be a Kerbal website.

Well you haven't joined and from what I can see you HAVEN'T ASKED.

It is a lot more Kerb than you THINK it is- but ofc someone who stares from the road and watches for 2 seconds and scoffs DOESNT get the whole story...

Especially when the thread only tells half of it.

If I had the time I'd be in for sure. However I don't have much spare atm. :/

Also would WH40K be a universe option? Great Crusade ftw!

Sure, as long as you don't add anything too OP.

No primarchs. :D :D And you'll have to write up a plausible backstory.

Judging from what I've read, it's less Kerb than I thought.

Again- your basing a whole JUDGEMENT on nothing more than a thread- Go JOIN and maybe you know TALK ABOUT IT THEN decide.

Otherwise I might as well ask the dirt for IT'S opinion as IT knows about the same as YOU do.

- - - Updated - - -

Not being mean- I'm being honest here.

Intriguing. It seems as if you must pick a popular science fiction universe to base your civilization on? Or can you create your own?

(If so, the Aberats-1 system might be coming to a galaxy near you!) :)

Either or :) . You can take a famous science fiction idea and try to make a story that fits into this universe OR completely make one up from scratch (I suggest making one on your own because as time goes by more and more of the common ones will be taken).

Again- your basing a whole JUDGEMENT on nothing more than a thread- Go JOIN and maybe you know TALK ABOUT IT THEN decide.

Otherwise I might as well ask the dirt for IT'S opinion as IT knows about the same as YOU do.

The thread is intended to bring people into the RP.

There's no reason to call this Kerbal. It's only being called Kerbal because brand recognition.

Give me one reason why changing this from Kerbal to something custom made would break anything, and I'll change my sentiment.

You'd break not only the entire STORYLINE but then I'd have to create a whole new universe and everything :mad:

The storyline you posted could easily work without keeping a bunch of copyright lawyers in work. You wouldn't have to create a new universe at all. You're exaggerating my perception of the issue.

It just WOULDNT WORK in another universe.

Because people are making their own factions without ripping off popular ones, it does work and work a lot BETTER.

Ok before we make this far more over blown than needed- and moreover keeping it civil.

I'll prove my point by YOU asking questions and I will respond and if possible- provide on forum evidence so that we both can settle this without attacking each other and you can get a good answer your looking for and I don't make myself look like an idiot in the process-

Sound like a fair deal mate?

I'm having some trouble connecting to the website. It's not on my side of the internet, or I wouldn't be posting this.

Special agent sigvan, the point of this is that all these different universes are coming together in KSP. As I said earlier, we use KSP's editor to make crafts, we use the game itself to simulate battles, and the story happens in the KSP universe.

I'm having some trouble connecting to the website. It's not on my side of the internet, or I wouldn't be posting this.

Special agent sigvan, the point of this is that all these different universes are coming together in KSP. As I said earlier, we use KSP's editor to make crafts, we use the game itself to simulate battles, and the story happens in the KSP universe.

Lefora, which is the host for quite a few forums, is experiencing some technical difficulty as of now. I think it should be resolved soon.

Also, I got a new colonial recon/exploration craft.

Okay, now lefora's simply sending me empty packets. I actually got an err_empty_response once. I can get to lefora's site, but i cant get on the forums; it just simply displays white. :I

EDIT: nvm, its back.

Why in the seven shades of heck was bd armory voted down?

Edited by Uberlyuber

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.