Whats the stupidest name you've given to one of your ships?

sedativechunk

Oh man, if this is a contest, I'm winning it. MY SSTO line by itself has some real doozies: Pow Zoo!, Wappy Zip!, Womp, Zib Zab Zoobity Bap, and MOOOOON. That last one crashed into Eve, naturally. I enjoy a joke as much as the next guy :P

My last Minmus exploration craft was named "Minmus Exploder", but I've also named some of my ships by smashing the keyboard until I get an interesting combination, which results in names like "KrejoSat Kommunication" or "SLK-39 Jet".

I think my most stupidly named crafts were when I first started out, in which I named my crafts after animals, such as "Bunny I" for my Mun rockets (FUN FAKT: I got up to Bunny XXII with failed designs and complete rebuilds.)

Oh man, if this is a contest, I'm winning it. MY SSTO line by itself has some real doozies: Pow Zoo!, Wappy Zip!, Womp, Zib Zab Zoobity Bap, and MOOOOON. That last one crashed into Eve, naturally. I enjoy a joke as much as the next guy :P

Very nice; I often name tiny winged probes "Zip Glider" or similar.

I use temporary names for my vessels as they go through development cycles before giving them final project/model names.

My personal favourites are:

Iron Duck

Ahoy Vey

Ship Happens

The Big Nasty

Greenpig

Shoot Low They're Riding Chickens

There's a few more but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

My worst craft names are all pretty similar. Fer Instance: Tank. Formation. Cruise Missile. Jeep. Car. Passenger Jet and Passenger Jet2. Test.

Also, My first ships were named "MunShot" or something similar. I once named one "Minmus Craft"- one of the better things I made in .23.

Oh, and my personal favorite, "Crap Plane" and "Crap Plane 2"

Edited by Dman979

My Duna base (W/TAC & MKS) has had a codename "The Manhattan Project" early on, because it seemed that it's precisely how it will end.

Also, it was a while ago, i named one mission "O.M.G.H.E.L.P" - Orbital Mission Gamma - Heavy Ex-Kerbin Landing Project. In addition, my biggest space shuttle is called "Monster Max XXL" - just because it needs the KW Rocketry Griffon Century engine to get off ground.

I did name a spaceplane "the Brick"

It flew quite well actually!

I was trying to get a bulky SSTO to work...

I initially called it the Brick on account of its very limited wing area.

Then I added larger wings and called it the Winged Brick.

After I got it to take off, fly around the KSC, and land safely, I called it the Flying Winged Brick.

After I got it up to 25km with no problems... the C.F.W.B. (Capable Flying Winged Brick).

Then, I finally did an SSTO flight. I named it the C.F.W.B.S. (Capable Flying Winged Brick SSTO).

I pronounced C.F.W.B.S. "cough-wubs." It didn't resemble a brick at all in the end...

:P

My standard names for the 1st three flights in career mode:

Jeb's Jumping Junk

Exciting Exo-Atmospheric Experience

Ousome Orbital Observations

As you can tell, I really had to stretch for the third name to fit the rhyme scheme. So if you know a better name and/or know what this type of scheme is called (first letter repetition), don't be afraid to give your input. Keep in mind that I'm not just using the rhyme, but at least one word in the name describes the craft's function and/or expectations.

An ugly, squat 2-man lander I toyed with (and ultimately discarded) that ended up looking more like a mechanical amphibian than a proper spacecraft. I christened it "Stumpy the Mun Toad".

Rest in pieces, Stumpy.

I tend to use a combination of names depending on the mood I am in. Right now its in the cthulhu mythos, in combination of grotesque and sinful acronyms.

Yes I know it does not sound very futuristic or space-isque but that is my mood, swings around like everybody else.

My standard names for the 1st three flights in career mode:

Jeb's Jumping Junk

Exciting Exo-Atmospheric Experience

Ousome Orbital Observations

As you can tell, I really had to stretch for the third name to fit the rhyme scheme. So if you know a better name and/or know what this type of scheme is called (first letter repetition), don't be afraid to give your input. Keep in mind that I'm not just using the rhyme, but at least one word in the name describes the craft's function and/or expectations.

Alliteration. It's called alliteration.

The "Derp Launcher". Long story short, my friend Stephen told me to name my example orbiter (he's never played KSP) Derp Launcher. I usually give them boring names. Examples:

Altitude Record - 01 - 5km

Kerbin - 01 - Orbiter

Mun - 01 - Fly-By

Minmus - 01 - Landing (Probe)

So it may seem mild to you guys, but Derp Launcher is literally the stupidest name I've ever given to a ship in my KSP history.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.