Whats the stupidest name you've given to one of your ships?

sedativechunk

I usually call them with a nod to real spacecraft (like translate ("Orient" and "Sunrise" for my attemt at making almost-stock Vostok and Voskhod using TweakScale) or have a Kerbal equivalent ("Mun-2" was based on Luna-2)). Or just go with Untitled Space Craft for test flight.

The first Mun capable launcher was "Reliable Rocket 3", sending the "Flibie" flyby probe, "Fail-5" unmanned vehicle and then manned "Fail-6" to the Mun orbit.

But once I started a new career and slapped keyboard a couple of times.

I got "kojkot". That sound roughly "cat tomcat" in Russian; I used it as an early suborbital and orbital vessel. So the next modification was called "kitkat", designed for EVA, polar orbiting and tundra returns. My orbital ferry was called "katnip". And yeah, all lowercase.

Some time later I will roleplay a whole almost sensible space program based on lame cat puns.

Edited by nothingSpecial

Not my naming scheme, which is generally pretty boring and utilitarian, but I have to share my friend's naming scheme because it's hilarious.

He started playing KSP shortly after watching the movie Interstellar. As a result, every. single. one. of his ships has been named "Matthew McConaughey (something)". His first ship was named just straight Matthew McConaughey, then he moved onto Matthew McConaughey Mk2, and Mk3, and eventually adding other identifiers, but always with the "Matthew McConaughey". He also talks to his ships, or yells at them when something goes wrong, calling them "Matthew". I'm pretty sure he's just doing it to troll me at this point.

I had a kind of useless experimental lifting-body design called Didn't Need Wings Anyway.

Taking a page from XKCD, I named one of my heavy lifters Up Goer Five.

I also have the Asteroid Redirection and Recovery Science Explorer, or ARRSE.

Edited by zxczxczbfg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.