ExceptionDetector 1.1 [KSP ANY VERSION]

godarklight

• 2 months later...

Woah, sorry about that everyone, I had completely forgotten about this mod - I half expected someone to fork and make a better version of what it does :P

It should be compatible with every version of KSP ever - It doesn't hook into KSP really, it only does unity related things.

Woah, sorry about that everyone, I had completely forgotten about this mod - I half expected someone to fork and make a better version of what it does :P

It should be compatible with every version of KSP ever - It doesn't hook into KSP really, it only does unity related things.

Not sure how you'd make a better version of this, it does it's job really well. There are some exceptions and errors it does miss though.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2016 at 10:29 AM, lagcity613 said:

Yes, it would be a great help isolating which mod is having issues, so I can test it alone. Or just seeing if it's the 1.1 prerelease being a prerelease...

Same here, I like having it so that I can see the exceptions and errors that come up (most of them anyway).

On 4/9/2016 at 0:29 PM, lagcity613 said:

Yes, it would be a great help isolating which mod is having issues, so I can test it alone. Or just seeing if it's the 1.1 prerelease being a prerelease...

3 hours ago, smjjames said:

Same here, I like having it so that I can see the exceptions and errors that come up (most of them anyway).

Agreed.  With 1.1 out, 64 bit in play, and so many mods that have been dropped it would be really nice to be able to see all the errors popping up to isolate the problem children and test potentially abandoned mods with a possible eye on being to get some of them up to date.

2 minutes ago, lagcity613 said:

Oh god... So many nullrefs, so little information. I'm longing for this mod so badly ;.; Playing with mods just isn't the same when I can't see exactly what's spitting errors at me like a machine gun...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*Pings @godarklight like crazy*

Okay, not really. Only pinging him once.

6 hours ago, godarklight said:

Exception detector? I'm trying to get KSP 1.1 to run still!

G'day. I managed to get KSP running in Kubuntu this morning by launching with -force-glcore. Make sure you cross your fingers and send prayers to Linus.

I've updated ExceptionDetector. I still haven't got KSP to run, but I fixed the problems and gave it to Orum from kspmodders to test, and it seemed to work:

sjwayr.png

(This is the error you get when you shoot those whack-a-kerbal balls at your vessel in the VAB or SPH, which is a hilarious fringe case bug that has existed for ages, and my go-to method of creating exceptions if needed)

Also, it's now available on SpaceDock  (@godarklight shills the website he works on...) :P and it'll soon be back on CKAN. 

15 minutes ago, godarklight said:

I've updated ExceptionDetector. I still haven't got KSP to run, but I fixed the problems and gave it to Orum from kspmodders to test, and it seemed to work:

sjwayr.png

(This is the error you get when you shoot those whack-a-kerbal balls at your vessel in the VAB or SPH, which is a hilarious fringe case bug that has existed for ages, and my go-to method of creating exceptions if needed)

Also, it's now available on SpaceDock  (@godarklight shills the website he works on...) :P and it'll soon be back on CKAN. 

Oh man thank you so much for getting this done even without KSP running for you! Good luck on getting that straightened out - this kind of work deserves some good karma headed your way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.