ExceptionDetector 1.1 [KSP ANY VERSION]

godarklight

going to test that out asap, will report back once done (sleep is something useful too, i assume :D)

UPDATE:

v2 of your modded dll works perfectly now ..since i had some serious testing

would be awesome if that two things merge :D

Edited by LatiMacciato
update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 3:36 PM, Galenmacil said:

This seems to work correctly with KSP 1.2.0.01586 for those wondering.

It's a stock feature now, Alt-f12 Debugging menu, under debugging - Show All Log Exceptions On The Screen.  Even shows during loading which is helpful for seeing if MM has any problems.

WX65TVL.jpg

Edited by smurphy34

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

No it didn't work from 1.2, but  the stock feature seems to have replaced it, which is the best you can hope for.

Well, the stock feature is not as good as this mod in my opinion. You cannot clearly see which mod caused the exception. I do prefer Exception Detector. It worked for me in 1.2.0. Perhaps there is a certain mixture of mod that prevent it from working?

5 minutes ago, Galenmacil said:

Well, the stock feature is not as good as this mod in my opinion. You cannot clearly see which mod caused the exception. I do prefer Exception Detector. It worked for me in 1.2.0. Perhaps there is a certain mixture of mod that prevent it from working?

\Yes, that areal shame, have you tried contacting the author?

• 1 month later...

Would love for one of you awesome coders to take this over, or make a mod that tells you what is causing the exception... at minimum for the exception to stay on the screen long enough to read it lol... I miss this mod. I'm getting alot of exceptions in my heavily modded game, and I'm having a rough time tracking down the cause.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, godarklight said:

I keep forgetting this mod exists :P

So, the ability to toggle the mod (maybe persist until a close button is pressed?) and a more clear display of exactly which mod causes it? (I could print the folder or dll name I guess?)

I would prefer if you cold intercept exception and repost them in the Log with the addition of it origin, that way it will be easier to figure out where exception are generated

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2017 at 1:27 AM, godarklight said:

I keep forgetting this mod exists :P

So, the ability to toggle the mod (maybe persist until a close button is pressed?) and a more clear display of exactly which mod causes it? (I could print the folder or dll name I guess?)

@godarklight Is there a way to make this work again? So many of us found this mod extremely useful, and it worked much better than what the stock game does since 1.2.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, godarklight said:

I've updated this to KSP 1.3 after seeing it on spacedock in my profile :P

Thank you soooooooooOOOOOO MUCH Godarklight! This thing is a godsend for building ridiculously complicated craft :D

• 4 months later...

Hi all -

Will this mod help me find mod conflicts?

Not sure I am wording that correctly - but in my current KSP, every now and then, when I put a craft on the pad, there will be no communication , when there should be.  When I do a AFT+F2 and look the log, there is lots of red wording with excretion errors all over the place.  [no really]

I have attempted to read through it, but I can't seem to see a mod called out and was hoping that this mod [or another mod] would point the finger?

Thank you.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.