Do you enforce RP in KSP?

Wabbit

Do you RP your Kerbals?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do you RP your Kerbals?

• Yes, I cry when my Kerbals die!
    • Yes, I think of them as having a certain personality.
    • I don't care about them at all.
    • Not really, they are just pilots.

Once, in 0.20 i've sent Bob on a solo fly-by flight to Eeloo. It was long, it was slow (even with time warp) - it was lonely. Kerbol was so small and far away, i had to keep reorienting the ship so solar panels could provide enough energy. Man, i was glad for Chatterer mod :) At least i could pretend that poor Bob could still talk to friends and family on the radio. Since then i did not send a lone Kerbal anywhere outside Kerbin system. It would be too cruel.

Absolutely. The Original Three have very distinct personalities, as do quite a few of the randomly generated ones. I've also got a load (possibly an excessive amount :) ) of background detail for Kerbin and the kerbals as a species, much of it completely unconnected to their space program.

Once, in 0.20 i've sent Bob on a solo fly-by flight to Eeloo. It was long, it was slow (even with time warp) - it was lonely. Kerbol was so small and far away, i had to keep reorienting the ship so solar panels could provide enough energy. Man, i was glad for Chatterer mod :) At least i could pretend that poor Bob could still talk to friends and family on the radio. Since then i did not send a lone Kerbal anywhere outside Kerbin system. It would be too cruel.

At least he has plenty of snacks. And I think of when they timewarp they take turns doing normal stuff and hibernating.

Roleplay needs a degree of effort and commitment that exceeds my spare time and energy.

I still mourn fallen kerbals and usually name outposts or offworld landmarks after them with a flag.

But I'm not doing spreadsheets. Ever.

Edited by Janos1986

I've named Missions after fallen Kerbal pioneers. I also like to Imagine that My scientist kerbals and my pilots kerbals are always at odds since most of my mission failures are because of me being to greedy and trying to get extra science and has caused many a pilot death. I also have a grave yard on the Island runway. It currently has 17 flags

• 2 weeks later...

No not really.

I voted yes having certain personality because once or twice I either liked the name of the kerbal or was stuck with a very long mission and tried to give them roles, and its not that i dont care about them i dont like to see them die but i have never given any of them a "role" as such. I just end up remembering who is on what mission, and am joyful to see a familiar "face".

They are all expendable.

My space program is a total business.

To some extent, yes.

There are some Kerbals who are my designated test pilots, some who 'retired' and bought a ticket to the space station to live in the home they helped build, some Kerbals who have a ship named after them because of something awesome that happened, and even some Kerbals who have vowed never to fly again.

As for me? Strap cameras to a probe ship and go make a completely 'first person' flight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.