[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I have taken the TMA1 Monolith contract, travelled to it and I think I found it, I mean I completed the contract, but I could not see the monolith? What gives?

I saw something on the ksp wiki to the effect of "many monoliths are buried under the terrain since 1.1", is that the problem?

Here is the quote: (http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Monolith)

As of 1.1 many monoliths are buried beneath the terrain.

1 hour ago, canisin said:

Hello All,

I have taken the TMA1 Monolith contract, travelled to it and I think I found it, I mean I completed the contract, but I could not see the monolith? What gives?

I saw something on the ksp wiki to the effect of "many monoliths are buried under the terrain since 1.1", is that the problem?

Here is the quote: (http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Monolith)

Terrain details can also cause that, I think. Try setting it to the maximum.

8 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

I just read that @nightingale has stepped down from KSP development team... That probably means his mods won't be maintained either. Would anyone be willing to take over these mods?

By nightingale from the before last devnote :

It was a tough decision to leave the Squad team, but with everything going on in life I’ve been unable to devote nearly as much time as I’ve wanted to KSP.  I’ve got a pretty unpredictable schedule, and I don’t want to put myself in a position where I’m not be able to deliver the level of quality that KSP deserves.

I’ve enjoyed my time with Squad tremendously, as it gave me the chance to work with some really great people (they know who they are).  I’m excited to see what you guys will think when some of the new things we’ve been hard at work on are revealed.

The KSP community’s always been good to me, and I don’t plan on going anywhere.  I’d set my modding hat aside for the past month or so, but I’ll be picking that back up shortly.  In fact, I already have a few interesting ideas in how I can hook into the…  well, I suppose UomoCapra and Badie can tell you guys about that when the time’s right.

- nightingale

So hopefully he will continue to update his mods. Anomaly Surveyor still work in 1.2.2 except for Jool contract If I remember correctly.

Edited by Li0n

Just now, Li0n said:

By nightingale from the before last devnote :

So hopefully he will continue to update his mods. Anomaly Surveyor still work in 1.2.2 except for Jool contract If I remember correctly.

I see! Well, that's a relief. Having not heard from him for a long time, I assumed the worst. Thank you for this information.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2017 at 8:23 PM, Benji13 said:

Hello. What still needs to be done to this mod before it is all good with 1.2.x?

A recompile of the DLL portion, fixing compile issues (if any) and re-testing the Jool sequence.  The last one is the one that takes time.

On 2/1/2017 at 4:11 AM, aluc24 said:

I see! Well, that's a relief. Having not heard from him for a long time, I assumed the worst. Thank you for this information.

I needed some time away from KSP.  Going to be spending some time catching up on threads and raising things in GitHub this weekend.  Once I've got all that sorted I'll have a better pictures of where the Anomaly Surveyor 1.2 updates fits in priority-wise.  I don't want to commit to anything until I'm back into the full swing of things.

Just now, nightingale said:

I needed some time away from KSP.  Going to be spending some time catching up on threads and raising things in GitHub this weekend.  Once I've got all that sorted I'll have a better pictures of where the Anomaly Surveyor 1.2 updates fits in priority-wise.  I don't want to commit to anything until I'm back into the full swing of things.

Of course. Having to maintain that many addons must be exhausting in the long run. A break is completely understandable. No pressure. Just wanted to say thank you for spending your spare time on these wonderful addons. You're great.

59 minutes ago, nightingale said:

A recompile of the DLL portion, fixing compile issues (if any) and re-testing the Jool sequence.  The last one is the one that takes time.

Thank for your continued time and effort.

On 11/02/2017 at 11:00 AM, nightingale said:

A thought would be to temporarily disable the Jool sequence to quickly get a 1.2.2 safe version out, then do the slow work without people asking "1.2.2 when?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12.2.2017 at 5:38 PM, Chakat Firepaw said:

A thought would be to temporarily disable the Jool sequence to quickly get a 1.2.2 safe version out, then do the slow work without people asking "1.2.2 when?"

Yep, that would be great.

I miss the early special missions with airfield, pyramids and mun arc etc.. Gave so much flavor to the otherwise standard missions about gathering science and stuff.

• 1 month later...
Just now, KerbMav said:

The contract pack contains a dll - and you are still discussing 1.2.2 - should I even dare to ask for experiences in 1.3 with this?

I won't be doing a 1.2.2 release for this.  But I will be doing a 1.3.0 release at some point.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:00 AM, nightingale said:

I won't be doing a 1.2.2 release for this.  But I will be doing a 1.3.0 release at some point.

That's great to hear - "Anomalies' is one of my favorite Mods... it really gives a little bit of story to the game that it was missing!

Question for you nightingale... I seem to remember that in an older version of this contract pack the "Squad" logo had been removed from all, or at least some, of the monoliths. 

Am I remembering this correctly?  If so, do you know a way to remove the logo in the future? 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Saybur Stuff said:

That's great to hear - "Anomalies' is one of my favorite Mods... it really gives a little bit of story to the game that it was missing!

Question for you nightingale... I seem to remember that in an older version of this contract pack the "Squad" logo had been removed from all, or at least some, of the monoliths. 

Am I remembering this correctly?  If so, do you know a way to remove the logo in the future? 

Don't think you're remembering correctly, mod this never changed anything with them.  They always had the logo, but they used to be smaller - and the logo was hard to see in some locations.

1 minute ago, nightingale said:

Don't think you're remembering correctly, mod this never changed anything with them.  They always had the logo, but they used to be smaller - and the logo was hard to see in some locations.

That must be all it was.  Thanks. :)

Reporting that CPAS is working in 1.3.0, but I haven't got to Jool yet.

The problem is I have SCANSat 17.7 but i'm getting all the anomaly contracts without having found it via SCANSat. Is that the expected behavior? Thanks!

14 minutes ago, dronkit said:

Reporting that CPAS is working in 1.3.0, but I haven't got to Jool yet.

The problem is I have SCANSat 17.7 but i'm getting all the anomaly contracts without having found it via SCANSat. Is that the expected behavior? Thanks!

Jool's definitely broken, I went out there for a quick test and I couldn't see the... thing.  As for SCANsat, I'll have to check, it's possible that something broke during the long night.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.