[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

I've noticed a small 'problem' (not really a bug). The waypoint marker for Rock Arch #2 in the Mun is about 450m away from the actual arch itself, it would be nice if it were a bit closer so I don't have to EVA my kerbals all the way over there after landing at the arch.

Other than that, top work! I'd finished visiting all planets/moons so this gave me something to do whilst I'm waiting for v1.0. Thanks!

I've noticed a small 'problem' (not really a bug). The waypoint marker for Rock Arch #2 in the Mun is about 450m away from the actual arch itself, it would be nice if it were a bit closer so I don't have to EVA my kerbals all the way over there after landing at the arch.

Other than that, top work! I'd finished visiting all planets/moons so this gave me something to do whilst I'm waiting for v1.0. Thanks!

I'll look into that one.

Another smallish issue, it seems no matter how close I get to the marker, the Bop contract never completes. Screenie from a weird angle so it doesn't give it away to anyone who hasn't seen it yet;

http://i.imgur.com/GuqNXRu.png

Hmmm, that's odd - I just tried it and had no problems. Perhaps something crashed and brought down the contract system? Can you provide logs? If you go to the space centre and come back does it work? Same thing if you exit the game and go back?

I'm having the same problem as SwGustav. I've received the island airfield contract and the pyramid contract and I've hardly sent even a prob to orbit much less one withany scansat equipment on it.

I know I'm going to love the mod after I figure out the above. I always visited the anomalies with the "BeenThereDoneThat" so now Ill get a little bonus when i do it :D

I'm having the same problem as SwGustav. I've received the island airfield contract and the pyramid contract and I've hardly sent even a prob to orbit much less one withany scansat equipment on it.

Did you read the reply directly after that post?

That's correct - there were a few contracts where having the SCANsat requirement just didn't make sense. Kerbals can be dense, but you'd think they would know about the airstrip across the water without having to launch a satellite to scan it. :)

@ObsessedWithKSP (facepalm) I totally skimmed over that reply only kind reading the beginning and end thinking it said... I have no clue...

Sorry :blush:

And for reference, the requirements on those two contracts are:

• Island Airfield - Complete First Launch
  • Pyramids - Reach Orbit

I had been thinking about having flight/jet tech as a requirement - but I wanted them to be early missions. I also tried to stay away from making one contract dependent on another - as some players may not want to do some of them. The exception being the monolith contracts which has a small bit of a story element to it. ;)

The waypoint for the desert pyramids is also a bit (few hundred meters) off. Screenshot (Spoiler Alert): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26985795/KSP-Pyramids-offset.png

Also, I recommend

putting the waypoint on the statue/idol, since it is the most interesting feature.

Edited by Spheniscine

The waypoint for the desert pyramids is also a bit (few hundred meters) off. Screenshot (Spoiler Alert): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26985795/KSP-Pyramids-offset.png

Also, I recommend

putting the waypoint on the statue/idol, since it is the most interesting feature.

Okay, there is something odd with the PQS city locations.... I think I'm going to have to go through and replace all of those with hardcoded lat-lon, since I *know* that one worked when I initially tested.

Edited by sal_vager

Just did the pyramid contract and my waypoint was smack dab in the middle of the big pyramid for me.

Edward

Hmm... I think my pyramid contract may have been accepted from an older version...

Nah, there's something funny going on with the PQS city stuff in stock. My suspicion is that changing the detail level setting for KSP affects it - since I know everything seemed to be in the right place when I had tested it initially, but when Spheniscine raised the issue on Rock Arch #2 it seemed to have "migrated" a half-kilometer away. I know that the contracts hadn't changed, but I had changed the detail setting, because there's a couple contracts where the easter egg just isn't there unless you have high detail set.

In laymen's terms, I need to look through everything where I'm relying on KSP to tell me the location and just hard-code it. I'll try to do that soon and get a new version out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great mod, realy great.

It gives the game an extra sense.

But...

Everything was just fine as long as I took a contract "signal from Jool".

After that, many contracts have become not feasible. For example station in transition to a solar orbit and which fulfills all the requirements of the contract, has ceased to meet them. Also, all its new contracts for placing satellites in orbit, the creation of orbital stations and construction of bases on the planets ceased to be executed.

But I still sent a ship to Jool. And when she arrived, no anomalies in the orbit was found.

Sadness ...

Thanks for the great mod, realy great.

It gives the game an extra sense.

But...

Everything was just fine as long as I took a contract "signal from Jool".

After that, many contracts have become not feasible. For example station in transition to a solar orbit and which fulfills all the requirements of the contract, has ceased to meet them. Also, all its new contracts for placing satellites in orbit, the creation of orbital stations and construction of bases on the planets ceased to be executed.

But I still sent a ship to Jool. And when she arrived, no anomalies in the orbit was found.

Sadness ...

Sounds like something broke in the contract system. I'd need a log file to investigate beyond that though.

Oh dear... this is worrying. I just accepted that contract too, and couldn't see the orbit of the mystery object from the tracking station - when I Hyperedited a craft there just to see if it waited till then to show me, it doesn't recognize that it has orbited Jool...

edit: Confirmed - my save is effectively broken and stock contracts won't recognize the position of my crafts either. Luckily I have a quicksave from when I landed for the Mun monolith contract...

re-edit: If it's important, I had been neglectful in updating and was using ContractConfigurator v0.6.3

Edited by Spheniscine

Oh dear... this is worrying. I just accepted that contract too, and couldn't see the orbit of the mystery object from the tracking station - when I Hyperedited a craft there just to see if it waited till then to show me, it doesn't recognize that it has orbited Jool...

edit: Confirmed - my save is effectively broken and stock contracts won't recognize the position of my crafts either. Luckily I have a quicksave from when I landed for the Mun monolith contract...

re-edit: If it's important, I had been neglectful in updating and was using ContractConfigurator v0.6.3

Yup, just checked both of you are on Contract Configurator 0.6.3, which is very significant - as of version 1.0.2 of the contract pack, you need at least Contract Configurator 0.6.6. I mentioned 0.6.6 in the release notes, but I didn't make it super clear that it was a required update - I'll make sure to do that in future.

That being said, I think there is a pretty good chance that your saves will be unbroken just by upgrading Contract Configurator - so please do give that a try and let me know! It *may* be that you need to cancel the Jool monolith contract and re-accept it to get the monolith to show up... not 100% sure, but we can deal with that if it's an issue. :)

Awr just my luck; when I recompleted the Mun monolith contract I got a contract to explore Pol instead (which cannot be declined). Ah well, next synodic period or two, I suppose...

And that is why I hate undeclinable contracts...

Thank you very much! After the update Contract Configurator, everything worked correctly (all other contracts began to run).

Unfortunately, in the saved game where the ship arrived to Jool, monolith did not appear... but it was ship with bad design :cool:. And I have a saved game just before the adoption of the contract. So that all is good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.