[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

Thank you very much! After the update Contract Configurator, everything worked correctly (all other contracts began to run).

Unfortunately, in the saved game where the ship arrived to Jool, monolith did not appear... but it was ship with bad design :cool:. And I have a saved game just before the adoption of the contract. So that all is good.

Great stuff, let me know what you think of that Jool Monolith contract.... I've been waiting to hear feedback from anyone about it! I spent almost half of the development time just on that one scene.... you'll see... ;)

Great stuff, let me know what you think of that Jool Monolith contract.... I've been waiting to hear feedback from anyone about it! I spent almost half of the development time just on that one scene.... you'll see... ;)

I will let you know the results of the expedition to Jool, but it may take 3-4 days (on Earth :D)... a lot of events to happen in the space program of Kerbin between the start and the arrival of the expedition.

I will let you know the results of the expedition to Jool, but it may take 3-4 days (on Earth :D)... a lot of events to happen in the space program of Kerbin between the start and the arrival of the expedition.

That's the problem with putting the "fun" stuff at the end behind 2 prerequisite contracts and way out at Jool, nobody realizes that good content is out there. And it really needs to be out at Jool to mesh with the source material that inspired it...

Maybe I need to get one of the YouTubers that hang out here to do that mission.

I've been having some issues with the Mun arch contract. Once accepted, I can't complete it - I go all over any arch both at ground level and climbing the arch itself, but it never shows as having met the requirement. In addition, once I've attempted the contract, trying to open the contract panel from the stock toolbar causes the entire game to freeze to the point where it doesn't even generate a debug log.

I've been having some issues with the Mun arch contract. Once accepted, I can't complete it - I go all over any arch both at ground level and climbing the arch itself, but it never shows as having met the requirement. In addition, once I've attempted the contract, trying to open the contract panel from the stock toolbar causes the entire game to freeze to the point where it doesn't even generate a debug log.

As a general, that type of behaviour typically implies a crash in the waypoint system, but I'd need a log to know more. Also, which arch is it?

And double check that you're on the latest Contract Configurator version (0.6.7). In 0.6.6 there were some performance changes to work around the issue (stock performance issue) that you described with the stock toolbar.

How well does this pack work with re-scaled solar systems? For example I use 6.4x Kerbin.

I already use the remote-tech and scansat packs ok (scansat renders the orbits inside planets but thats easially tweakable and they arnt requirements to meet anyway) but this pack will require specific surface co-ordinates to be visited .... so it might be a bit more touchy ... just thought I'd ask.

How well does this pack work with re-scaled solar systems? For example I use 6.4x Kerbin.

I already use the remote-tech and scansat packs ok (scansat renders the orbits inside planets but thats easially tweakable and they arnt requirements to meet anyway) but this pack will require specific surface co-ordinates to be visited .... so it might be a bit more touchy ... just thought I'd ask.

As long as it's a Kerbin rescaled I think it should be okay - although I haven't tested. What I'm not sure about is how some of the the easter eggs do with the scaling. Note that the RemoteTech one will be getting an update after Contract Configurator 0.7.0 comes out and will support all rescaled systems automatically without needing to tweak it.

So...

My ship is shattered on Huge monolith (TWR was too low).

Tomorrow I will do one more try ...

Make sure to keep an eye on the contract objectives as you approach the monolith... you'll start getting new goals once you get close to the monolith (within 50km).

As long as it's a Kerbin rescaled I think it should be okay - although I haven't tested. What I'm not sure about is how some of the the easter eggs do with the scaling. Note that the RemoteTech one will be getting an update after Contract Configurator 0.7.0 comes out and will support all rescaled systems automatically without needing to tweak it.

For me, in 64K, the island airfield locations were far enough off that I couldn't complete it. I just used alt-F12 to mark it complete ;)

For me, in 64K, the island airfield locations were far enough off that I couldn't complete it. I just used alt-F12 to mark it complete ;)

Ah right, that would make sense.... that one is pretty tough, I don't think there's much I can do about that. :(

There may be other instances where stuff is off by a bit, but I suspect the Island airfield would be the worst.

New attempt, new issues.

My new ship cautiously approached the mysterious object orbiting Jool at arm's distance.

http://imgur.com/a/LxHud#3

But it still remains a mysterious ...:confused:

http://imgur.com/a/LxHud#1

Maybe it's memory issues... I made a game saving, rebooted KSP.

And yes! Mysterious object turned into a monolith, and the contract objectives renewed.

http://imgur.com/a/LxHud#0

http://imgur.com/a/LxHud#2

The problem is that on board the ship has two good scientists, but it Ludrop Kerman (who stayed on Kerbin) should approach to the monolith :mad:.

The attempt to use Bob Kerman was not successful.

Oh well.

Comin back the clock and try to start an expedition with Ludrop Kerman...

New attempt, new issues.

My new ship cautiously approached the mysterious object orbiting Jool at arm's distance.

http://imgur.com/a/LxHud#3

But it still remains a mysterious ...:confused:

http://imgur.com/a/LxHud#1

Maybe it's memory issues... I made a game saving, rebooted KSP.

And yes! Mysterious object turned into a monolith, and the contract objectives renewed.

http://imgur.com/a/LxHud#0

http://imgur.com/a/LxHud#2

The problem is that on board the ship has two good scientists, but it Ludrop Kerman (who stayed on Kerbin) should approach to the monolith :mad:.

The attempt to use Bob Kerman was not successful.

Oh well.

Comin back the clock and try to start an expedition with Ludrop Kerman...

Oh I see.... looks like it's assigning the Kerbal far too early! I'll make it so it just switches whenever you EVA, so you can use whoever (which is more what was intended). Raising a GitHub issue...

http://i.imgur.com/0qiEQvz.png

Problem: Munolith below ground, the other one for this contract was floating

I don't have any terrain changing mods unless Texture Replacer counts

Raised [#4] on GitHub, I'll look into it. When I tested them out, the underground one was at the bottom of a deep hole. Not sure if the terrain detail perhaps plays a role?

Same thing with the floating one, I remember it being one of the ones that was perfectly placed. Were you able to complete the contract by flying up to it?

A report on the next attempt.

Ludtop Kerman, which was needed last time, was an engineer, not a scientist. But I still sent him on an expedition. After arriving to the monolith (which is also determined only after reloading a saved game), Ludtop was still in demand, but when he approached the monolith, nothing happened.

http://imgur.com/a/LxHud#4

[TABLE=class: b-layout-table b-layout-table_layout_47-47]

[TR=class: b-layout-table__row]

[TD=class: b-layout-table__gap][/TD]

[TD=class: b-layout-table__cell b-layout-table__cell_position_r][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Looks like I'm stuck :confused:

A report on the next attempt.

Ludtop Kerman, which was needed last time, was an engineer, not a scientist. But I still sent him on an expedition. After arriving to the monolith (which is also determined only after reloading a saved game), Ludtop was still in demand, but when he approached the monolith, nothing happened.

http://imgur.com/a/LxHud#4

[TABLE=class: b-layout-table b-layout-table_layout_47-47]

[TR=class: b-layout-table__row]

[TD=class: b-layout-table__gap][/TD]

[TD=class: b-layout-table__cell b-layout-table__cell_position_r][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Looks like I'm stuck :confused:

Yeah, I think that same bug is confounding you (I'll be getting on fixing it after CC 0.7.0 is out). Can you try cancelling the contract, and then re-accepting it? You should be able to leave your ship around Jool, although the Monolith itself will probably be in a different orbit and you'll have to re-do the rendezvous.

Not sure if it was your amazingly fast update or just changing the graphics settings but Loemone has just saved the space program! (albiet he's probably going to be in that hole a while)

aYyPWf7.png

Your sacrifice will not be in vain fair Loemone!

Yeah, I think that same bug is confounding you (I'll be getting on fixing it after CC 0.7.0 is out). Can you try cancelling the contract, and then re-accepting it? You should be able to leave your ship around Jool, although the Monolith itself will probably be in a different orbit and you'll have to re-do the rendezvous.

The contract is cancelled, CC 0.7.0 is installed.

The following message was received:

"Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'Monolith' in contract 'AS_Jool_Monolith':

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue'.

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "

After re agreement on the contract, I got message:

"Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'Monolith' in contract 'unknown':

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue'.

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0"

The contract is cancelled, CC 0.7.0 is installed.

The following message was received:

"Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'Monolith' in contract 'AS_Jool_Monolith':

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "

After re agreement on the contract, I got message:

"Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'Monolith' in contract 'unknown':

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0"

Hmmm, that was unexpected, I'll get an emergency patch out for this one tonight. Consider the Jool monolith contract broken under 0.7.0 until I get that out. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if it was your amazingly fast update or just changing the graphics settings but Loemone has just saved the space program! (albiet he's probably going to be in that hole a while)

http://i.imgur.com/aYyPWf7.png

Your sacrifice will not be in vain fair Loemone!

Shouldn't have been my update, it must've been detail settings... I'll have to look into that and make a decision on how to handle it in the contract. :(

Woo, thank you for all your hard work on this! It's very much appreciated!

More than welcome! Once the new contract pack is out in a couple days I'll fix up some other the other nagging bugs in Anomaly Surveyor (and then finally give the RemoteTech contract pack some much needed love).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.