name = PerformOrbitalSurvey
type = PerformOrbitalSurvey
}

For reference from CC HowTo:

REQUIREMENT
{

// Target body - if not supplied will be defaulted from the contract.
targetBody = Kerbin
}

Might need more specific changes for Kerbin's anomalies though ...

Pretty close, but I would go with this:

@CONTRACT_TYPE[AS_*]:HAS[#tag[SCANsat]],NEEDS[!SCANsat],*
{
REQUIREMENT
{
}
}

This will take all the ones with the tag = SCANsat (which is all but Island Airfield and Pyramids) and apply the requirement if SCANsat is not installed.

Pretty close, but I would go with this:

@CONTRACT_TYPE[AS_*]:HAS[#tag[SCANsat]],NEEDS[!SCANsat],*
{
REQUIREMENT
{
}
}

This will take all the ones with the tag = SCANsat (which is all but Island Airfield and Pyramids) and apply the requirement if SCANsat is not installed.

That totally escaped me ... for sure the more elegant solution.

I still went for the one-by-one approach to keep the changed descriptions - which I could still do and still save the REQ. part for every anomaly ...

Edited by KerbMav

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting sick of always reusing the R&D group as my agent as the most logical agent available in various contract packs. So it's time to add some new agents! Download the update now and see for yourself!

ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor 1.2.2

• New agent!
  • Fix more typos (thanks Hellrespawn).

Edited by nightingale
1.2.2 - No DDS textures (causes artifacts)

I was getting sick of always reusing the R&D group as my agent as the most logical agent available in various contract packs. So it's time to add some new agents! Download the update now and see for yourself!

ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor 1.2.2

• New agent!
  • Fix more typos (thanks Hellrespawn).

Stumped me... What are you talking about. (R&D Group Agent, and [New Agent?)

[EDIT:] NVM, Saw it in the game. The "Company" that is sponsoring the Contract.

Hmm, If I recall correctly, isn't there a mod that added a bunch of agents and or tweeked their "strategies" as to the type of contracts they offered? (ie, pays generously, cheapskate, favors R&D, Favors exploration. etc)

Edited by BlackHat

Stumped me... What are you talking about. (R&D Group Agent, and New Agent?)

Nightingale previously had all the contracts offered by the R&D group. That's boring and impersonal! So now, all the contracts should be offered by the Anomaly Surveyor Group, which has a (badass frickin') logo and everything!

• 2 weeks later...

Personal opinion alert, but some of the science awards feel a bit powerful. I like the monolith to monolith progression, but the Mun reward seems like a lot. And the Mun UFO is pretty intense.

Lh4dEEp.png

450 (375 without the ScanSat bonus) is quite a bit, especially since it's not too hard to get there. Jool's monolith seems like a lot but, hey, it's Jool. Still, looking at 216 and 450 on the Mun but only 72 for Bop feels weird, especially compared to some of the Kerbin values. Figured I'd raise it here in case others feel similarly.

Eeh, I'd argue that finding an alien spaaace ship would be worth a lot of science. It's 3-4 surface samples.

If it

as you, sure, why not? Seriously though, it's a huge chunk at once, much easier to get, and is in addition to any other science you can get there. Plus, most of the tech probably was destroyed in the crash. There's a nice theme with the monoliths, those are trickier and have a strong tie-in to science/advancements.
Agreed, those numbers seemed reasonable at the time, but that's a bit on the high side. Nerf bat applied for next release. I also removed the SCANsat bonus on science.

Speedy response as always!

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm trying to do the first contract (abandoned airstrip)

and the buildings are over here

jgpeah.png

but the waypoints are over here

2metzti.png

and, uh, I'm not sure how to get Jeb EVA'd into the "control tower" waypoint without sacrificing my airplane (which could be fun I guess but isn't ideal).

What do? ;.;

So I'm trying to do the first contract (abandoned airstrip)

and the buildings are over here

http://i60.tinypic.com/jgpeah.png

but the waypoints are over here

http://i57.tinypic.com/2metzti.png

and, uh, I'm not sure how to get Jeb EVA'd into the "control tower" waypoint without sacrificing my airplane (which could be fun I guess but isn't ideal).

What do? ;.;

There's something off, I keep getting bizarro reports like this. Can you try changing the detail settings to high and let me know if that changes anything (you may have to cancel and re-accept the contract). If that doesn't do it, I'll take a closer look.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay. I just force-completed the contract shortly after posting that, and my detail setting is already on high. The pyramid contract seemed to have exactly the right waypoint (on top of the central pyramid), so I'm guessing it's that particular contract?

Sorry about the delay. I just force-completed the contract shortly after posting that, and my detail setting is already on high. The pyramid contract seemed to have exactly the right waypoint (on top of the central pyramid), so I'm guessing it's that particular contract?

It's possible that the KSP update changed the location of the PQS City that I rely on. Raised [#8] to double check.

• 3 weeks later...

This is brilliant! So far the only one I've done is the old airfield one. When the contract comes up, it shows the exact location of the anomaly? Since I've not actually found any of the others, I feel like it will spoil it a little for me with an exact location to go to.

This is brilliant! So far the only one I've done is the old airfield one. When the contract comes up, it shows the exact location of the anomaly? Since I've not actually found any of the others, I feel like it will spoil it a little for me with an exact location to go to.

I use the mod Waypoint Manager, once the mission is accepted, it shows its location (from space) and direction (in flight) without spoilers...

Edited by jlcarneiro
Link do Waypoint Manager mod

I use the mod Waypoint Manager, once the mission is accepted, it shows its location (from space) and direction (in flight) without spoilers...

You can also install SCANsat, and then it will only offer contracts for bodies where you've done a biome scan. In general, I've tried to keep the contract text as spoiler free as possible.

Perhaps a little off-topic, but how do you guys get a kerbal on EVA to the KSC mountains Monolith? It is on a horrible slope, and I have tried walking, driving, and even landing a VTOL on the peak, but the kerbal always ends up falling down the mountainside, and I have never triggered the monolith (or even seen it--I assume it is under the mesh).

Perhaps a little off-topic, but how do you guys get a kerbal on EVA to the KSC mountains Monolith? It is on a horrible slope, and I have tried walking, driving, and even landing a VTOL on the peak, but the kerbal always ends up falling down the mountainside, and I have never triggered the monolith (or even seen it--I assume it is under the mesh).

Few days late on the reply, but check out HMV's (5thHorseman's) latest video. He only crashes a little bit while landing there:

A VTOL approach is fiddly, but effective. I settled on the flat bit just above TMA-1 and walked Jeb the last 600m downhill. Very carefully so's he didn't slip :) Contract completed at 100m away.

The reward for this contract is pretty low, tbh, given how far you have to travel and the difficulty of access. So far I've done TMA-0 (easy) and TMA-1 (hard but local) and lost three planes in crashes (pilots survived, so no F9 allowed).

Oa6TunV.jpg

A VTOL approach is fiddly, but effective. I settled on the flat bit just above TMA-1 and walked Jeb the last 600m downhill. Very carefully so's he didn't slip :) Contract completed at 100m away.

The reward for this contract is pretty low, tbh, given how far you have to travel and the difficulty of access. So far I've done TMA-0 (easy) and TMA-1 (hard but local) and lost three planes in crashes (pilots survived, so no F9 allowed).

http://i.imgur.com/Oa6TunV.jpg

Agreed, it could stand being a bit higher. Increased the reward for that one for the next release.

Agreed, it could stand being a bit higher. Increased the reward for that one for the next release.

Sweet, thank you :) ...although, you haz already made me l2 vtol...

k2xthna.jpg

...which was challenging, but now I have a surprisingly good low-tech dropship with ~1000km range. Looks like a roll of turf, but once it's over 200m/s it doesn't need the down jets and can cruise at high altitude remarkably well :)

I also didn't know about old KSC at Tycho-3, and was amused to find I got 98% recovery value by having parked at it xD TMA-2 however... just... yeah, I parked on a 45 degree slope and hiked downhill :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.