[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

Sweet, thank you :) ...although, you haz already made me l2 vtol...

http://i.imgur.com/k2xthna.jpg

...which was challenging, but now I have a surprisingly good low-tech dropship with ~1000km range. Looks like a roll of turf, but once it's over 200m/s it doesn't need the down jets and can cruise at high altitude remarkably well :)

I also didn't know about old KSC at Tycho-3, and was amused to find I got 98% recovery value by having parked at it xD TMA-2 however... just... yeah, I parked on a 45 degree slope and hiked downhill :P

Awesome mission report. I didn't realize that you'd get higher recovery value from KSC2 - I wonder if that's stock behaviour?

Awesome mission report. I didn't realize that you'd get higher recovery value from KSC2 - I wonder if that's stock behaviour?

Not sure, but I used Regex's KSC Switcher to move KSC quite near to that spot, and sent a rover to the old launchpad. It recovered with 100% value :) This shall now by my secondary target when coming in hot and KSC is unavailable ^^

I think it is stock - the launchpad there is regarded as The Launchpad. If you park a vessel on it, leave to KSC, enter VAB and then try to launch something, it'll say you can't because the launchpad is already taken up by the vessel you parked on the other side of Kerbin :P

Or at least, it used to. Haven't tried it recently though, but I haven't seen anything in the changelogs about it.

Release time! There's a couple months worth of minor changes rolled up, plus fixing the end-game Jool monolith contract that got broken by the KSP update AGAIN (1.0.4 this time). Download now!

WARNING: Make sure to delete old installations (ContractPacks/AnomalySurveyor) as icons have been converted to DDS. If you do not do this, you'll have duplicate entries, which may or may not invoke the Kraken's wrath.

ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor 1.3.0

• Restored original behaviour of Mun monolith contract (both monoliths need to be visited instead of just one).
  • Vall anomaly now requires a flyby instead of an orbit.
  • Science nerf (thanks amorymeltzer)!
  • Fixed location of Mun Monolith TMA-5 (thanks Yoggy).
  • Convert agent icons to DDS.
  • Increased reward for Kerbin monolith contract.
  • Fix end-game monolith contract that was broken in KSP 1.0.4.

• Science nerf (thanks amorymeltzer)!

Dang, lol... I just did this entire mission because it was offering 226 science (at 50%...) :blush:

c0ggvMd.jpg

This is why I enjoy this pack though - gives me reasons to go odd places and do odd things :)

Picked up the AS contract to scout TMAs 4 and 5 on Mun for 480,000 roots (mildly reduced funds). Didn't seem worth sending two heavy landers, especially since I'd already got science from those biomes, so I had a rummage in the retired equipment store closet, and found a couple of my dumbest pilots to take the challenge...

XrfjssD.jpg

Nice bread and butter mission; 440,000 roots profit. In this specific instance, separate orbiter/lander(s) makes so much financial sense :)

And in no way did I forget to take photos while actually at the munoliths. No, not at all. What kind of fool would spend 3 hours flying a mission and forget to make a record of it? :blush:

(TMA 5 is mean with that deep hole that blocks all the sunlight. TMA 4... is buried? Wasn't visible at the waypoint...)

Picked up the AS contract to scout TMAs 4 and 5 on Mun for 480,000 roots (mildly reduced funds). Didn't seem worth sending two heavy landers, especially since I'd already got science from those biomes, so I had a rummage in the retired equipment store closet, and found a couple of my dumbest pilots to take the challenge...

http://i.imgur.com/XrfjssD.jpg

Nice bread and butter mission; 440,000 roots profit. In this specific instance, separate orbiter/lander(s) makes so much financial sense :)

And in no way did I forget to take photos while actually at the munoliths. No, not at all. What kind of fool would spend 3 hours flying a mission and forget to make a record of it? :blush:

(TMA 5 is mean with that deep hole that blocks all the sunlight. TMA 4... is buried? Wasn't visible at the waypoint...)

Love the mission report, as always!

I'll have to double check the location on TMA-4... could be it's either sensitive to the detail settings, or could be the waypoint is off by a bit.

I'll have to double check the location on TMA-4... could be it's either sensitive to the detail settings, or could be the waypoint is off by a bit.

I tried to bug the camera under the ground but failed to find it - though I'm on high detail, so I'd kind of expect to see it. Had a bit of a scout, but to no avail. TMA 5 was bang on though - sadly, cos that is one evil hole they put it in xD

...and now all my launches are being chased by... this... I really hope that goes away after a game restart :S

OTWUcVC.jpg

I tried to bug the camera under the ground but failed to find it - though I'm on high detail, so I'd kind of expect to see it. Had a bit of a scout, but to no avail. TMA 5 was bang on though - sadly, cos that is one evil hole they put it in xD

...and now all my launches are being chased by... this... I really hope that goes away after a game restart :S

http://i.imgur.com/OTWUcVC.jpg

Odd, not sure why that would happen, unless it's a newly introduced bug. Unless there's an issue, a restart should fix it (if not, send a log). Do you have CapCom? Accepting that contract in flight mode could be the cause.

I finally completed this mod (still playing a very long and elaborate game on 0.90). All I can say is... WOW! I loved every minute of it. The presentation is amazing, and it's come closer than any other mod I've played to adding a "story mode" to KSP. And the finale... well...

IT WAS SPECTACULAR. I had no idea you could do such cool stuff with the engine. When I first saw the Obelisk on Jool... well, it was so big, I thought it must be a glitch. I did run into a minor glitch exploring the obelisk, but a reload sorted it out, and the ending sequence was phenomenally cool. I can't thank you enough for the wonderful experience. One other quick thing - my designated StarJeb was Tomaly Kerman, and got a message saying "Tomaly Kerman died due to G-Force effects!" as she was accelerated towards Eve (that's due to Deadly Reentry). She didn't exactly appear dead - still smiling even as she ascended - but she did show up in the Missing in Action lists afterwards. However, after I went into Deadly Reentry and deactivated G-Force deaths, I didn't get the nasty warning any more (although she still showed up as MiA). Just thought I'd let you know. And. um, is she ever coming back? Will I see her again? I'm guessing not. I feel a little bad for her thought... ahem.

Thanks again!

Odd, not sure why that would happen, unless it's a newly introduced bug. Unless there's an issue, a restart should fix it (if not, send a log). Do you have CapCom? Accepting that contract in flight mode could be the cause.

It may not be anything to do with this pack, and it seems to only happen when I use HyperEdit to do some orbital testing before a proper launch. When I go up from the ground, it doesn't seem to be present. Just kind of sinisterly foreboding :)

I finally completed this mod (still playing a very long and elaborate game on 0.90). All I can say is... WOW! I loved every minute of it. The presentation is amazing, and it's come closer than any other mod I've played to adding a "story mode" to KSP. And the finale... well...

IT WAS SPECTACULAR. I had no idea you could do such cool stuff with the engine. When I first saw the Obelisk on Jool... well, it was so big, I thought it must be a glitch. I did run into a minor glitch exploring the obelisk, but a reload sorted it out, and the ending sequence was phenomenally cool. I can't thank you enough for the wonderful experience. One other quick thing - my designated StarJeb was Tomaly Kerman, and got a message saying "Tomaly Kerman died due to G-Force effects!" as she was accelerated towards Eve (that's due to Deadly Reentry). She didn't exactly appear dead - still smiling even as she ascended - but she did show up in the Missing in Action lists afterwards. However, after I went into Deadly Reentry and deactivated G-Force deaths, I didn't get the nasty warning any more (although she still showed up as MiA). Just thought I'd let you know. And. um, is she ever coming back? Will I see her again? I'm guessing not. I feel a little bad for her thought... ahem.

Thanks again!

Glad you enjoyed it!

The Eve section was the worst - so buggy. Every single KSP update broke it in a new way, and I eventually had to just drop it. Maybe next time I'm working on Anomaly Surveyor I'll try to fix it again... it's just not the same without it.

And sorry... Tomaly isn't coming back. Although I've had an idea in the back of my mind for a while for a sequel, so who knows? :)

It may not be anything to do with this pack, and it seems to only happen when I use HyperEdit to do some orbital testing before a proper launch. When I go up from the ground, it doesn't seem to be present. Just kind of sinisterly foreboding :)

Odd... maybe throw a log my way next time you see it. I may not be able to do anything about it, or it may be a very simple fix.

Got a slight issue here. Not sure if its a bug and don't want to read too much of the thread for getting spoilers.

Don't read if you have not done the monolith missions....

I've just unlocked the Jool Monolith mission, and changed to an unmanned probe on route to Moho to perform a burn. When I came back out of the map view I had an extremely large monolith a few meters behind the ship. I'm guessing this is the one which should be at Jool. Is it a bug that its following me to Moho? :)

Got to admit it did make my hairs stand up :P

Got a slight issue here. Not sure if its a bug and don't want to read too much of the thread for getting spoilers.

Don't read if you have not done the monolith missions....

I've just unlocked the Jool Monolith mission, and changed to an unmanned probe on route to Moho to perform a burn. When I came back out of the map view I had an extremely large monolith a few meters behind the ship. I'm guessing this is the one which should be at Jool. Is it a bug that its following me to Moho? :)

Got to admit it did make my hairs stand up :P

Someone reported something similar a couple weeks ago, but didn't provide any logs. If you're able to provide a log that covers when this happens then I can start investigating this issue further.

Yeah sorry I would have included them normally, but I had the logs disabled to stop the microlag. I have enabled them this morning and gone back in game, however its now gone. I've gone back to a previous save to do what I did last night, but its not come back. I'll try a few more things..

Edit: Yeah its not come back, repeated the steps I had from getting the mission but no joy. It'll prob be a while before I get out to Jool, so hopefully it happens again on its own and I'll drop the log off.

Edited by Torih

• 2 weeks later...

New release out, go download it now!

Got some exciting changes, mainly around using the new dialog system in Contract Configurator. Note that only newly accepted contracts will have the changes - if you have a mission in progress and want to see the new stuff then you'll need to cancel and re-accept (assuming the contract is at a suitable place to do that).

ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor 1.4.0

• Added a bonus to the end of the final Monolith contract.
  • Change all contracts to use the new dialog system for completion flavour text.
  • Fixed Jool monoltih contract invisible parameters in Contract Window + (thanks 5thHorseman).
  • Minor fixes to log warnings for Monolith spawn in Jool contract (thanks Enceos).

Strange, for Island Airfield waypoints show up a couple of hundred meters South-West-West, making them essentially inaccessible (except by helicopter or parachute). Was fine in the last version (I checked - coordinates are the same in contract files. something else is off).

Edited by Tau137

Strange, for Island Airfield waypoints show up a couple of hundred meters South-West-West, making them essentially inaccessible (except by helicopter or parachute). Was fine in the last version (I checked - coordinates are the same in contract files. something else is off).

Can you send me a save file? I've gotten random reports of this, but it seems fine in mine. I'd like to check the location of the waypoints in your save.

Also, if you're able to afterwards, can you cancel the contract and re-accept it? Does that change the waypoint locations? What about changing the terrain detail to high, cancelling the contract and reaccepting?

Can you send me a save file? I've gotten random reports of this, but it seems fine in mine. I'd like to check the location of the waypoints in your save.

Also, if you're able to afterwards, can you cancel the contract and re-accept it? Does that change the waypoint locations? What about changing the terrain detail to high, cancelling the contract and reaccepting?

Here is the save with modlist included: http://uploaded.net/file/ojfgx81w

Cancelling and accepting the contract resulted in exactly the same problem (same offset locations). Terrain detail is high already.

P.S. I had seen similar problem with Tourism contract pack a couple of weeks ago - no saves for that one though.

Edited by Tau137

Here is the save with modlist included: http://uploaded.net/file/ojfgx81w

Cancelling and accepting the contract resulted in exactly the same problem (same offset locations). Terrain detail is high already.

Those waypoints use an offset from the PQSCity (KSP internal term for a structure/building), which implies that in your install those PQS Cities are in the wrong location. The only mods that I can think of that even touch that stuff are KerbinSide and Kopernicus. Since you do have Kopernicus installed, any chance you're able to test this without Kopernicus? Not sure if you'll even be able to load up your current save if you remove Kopernicus, so proceed with care (ie. BACK UP your save before you mess around too much). :)

P.S. I had seen similar problem with Tourism contract pack a couple of weeks ago - no saves for that one though.

What was the problem with Tourism? The waypoints aren't very specific in that contract pack - I wouldn't think you would notice that they were off unless they were REALLY far off.

Those waypoints use an offset from the PQSCity (KSP internal term for a structure/building), which implies that in your install those PQS Cities are in the wrong location. The only mods that I can think of that even touch that stuff are KerbinSide and Kopernicus. Since you do have Kopernicus installed, any chance you're able to test this without Kopernicus? Not sure if you'll even be able to load up your current save if you remove Kopernicus, so proceed with care (ie. BACK UP your save before you mess around too much). :)

What was the problem with Tourism? The waypoints aren't very specific in that contract pack - I wouldn't think you would notice that they were off unless they were REALLY far off.

Eureka! I had Copernicus+OPM but deleted it after starting this career (crashed too often). Thanks! I guess I will restart yet again :)

Tourism: for the "tour of the facilities" mission all nav points were (did not try in this save) close by in the field near runway, not at the corresponding buildings (took me a while to figure it out).

Eureka! I had Copernicus+OPM but deleted it after starting this career (crashed too often). Thanks! I guess I will restart yet again :)

Tourism: for the "tour of the facilities" mission all nav points were (did not try in this save) close by in the field near runway, not at the corresponding buildings (took me a while to figure it out).

Oh right, forgot about the facility tour.

So you can confirm that without Kopernicus or with a new game it works? I just want to try to get all the detail straight, in case I need to follow up on this one with the Kopernicus or OPM folk.

EDIT: I remember the facility tour stuff worked in old RSS (before it was Kopernicus based), which was the whole reason for doing things as a PQS offset (as KSC in RSS is in a WAY different spot). But I haven't tested it since RSS moved to Kopernicus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.