[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

Eureka! I had Copernicus+OPM but deleted it after starting this career (crashed too often). Thanks! I guess I will restart yet again :)

Tourism: for the "tour of the facilities" mission all nav points were (did not try in this save) close by in the field near runway, not at the corresponding buildings (took me a while to figure it out).

Did you have the latest versions of Kop and OPM? This was an issue a version or two ago but its fixed in the latest.

After a certain time after the completion of the contract "Mun Monolith", contract configurator throw exception:

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'Monolith' in contract 'AS_Jool_Monolith':
System.MissingFieldException: Field 'ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.hidden' not found.
at AnomalySurveyor.MonolithParameter.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have latest versions of Contract Configurator and Anomaly Surveyor.

After a certain time after the completion of the contract "Mun Monolith", contract configurator throw exception:

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'Monolith' in contract 'AS_Jool_Monolith':
System.MissingFieldException: Field 'ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.hidden' not found.
at AnomalySurveyor.MonolithParameter.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have latest versions of Contract Configurator and Anomaly Surveyor.

Looks like I broke this in CC 1.7.3. I'll get a fix to anomaly surveyor out soon. In the mean time, rolling back to 1.7.2 should fix this.

Did you get round to fixing the monolith texts?

http://i.imgur.com/5iGmkwr.jpg

(0° 38' 24" S, 279° 13' 59" E, the second closest to KSC)

I'm thinking that if they're all fixed and above ground now, then the completed message doesn't make a lot of sense.. But then, I haven't actually checked them all yet..

I checked that one on 1.0.4 and it was definitely underground (for me at least). What terrain detail setting are you using? Can you think of other mods you're running that might make changes to the PQS system? Kerbinside or Kopernicus come to mind, not sure if they would be the cause of it being different for you.

I someone mentioned something similar for the third one in the contract too (the floating one). It floats for me, but it didn't for them. 5thHorseman just visited the MSL one on Duna, and for him that one was completely underground (for me it pokes up properly).

All in all, it's *really* annoying how inconsistent it is depending on terrain detail settings (at a minimum).

Hi, I just got to the Jool monolith and am a bit confused.

[spoiler=]

I got very close with my vessel (<1km) and when I EVA'd a kerbal, it immediately got sucked away.

First I thought this was a bug, because you sometimes have these kind of warp/teleports, but then I realized the camera angles were too pleasant, and it teleported precisely to the planets where I previously found monoliths.

The very last camera angle is cool (above Kerbin) ... except the Kerbal suffocates :) And then I'm teleported back to the explorer ship, with the remaining companion and no monolith (and no contract completion notification).

Is the Kerbal supposed to die ? Should there be more feedback (I only saw the temporary "I'ts full of stars" when I retried for the third time and watched the contract text). Is that why you need to send 2 kerbals (if so, you could make it that this happens only to the scientist, so that you're left with the pilot for the trip back home).

Hi, I just got to the Jool monolith and am a bit confused.

[spoiler=]

I got very close with my vessel (<1km) and when I EVA'd a kerbal, it immediately got sucked away.

First I thought this was a bug, because you sometimes have these kind of warp/teleports, but then I realized the camera angles were too pleasant, and it teleported precisely to the planets where I previously found monoliths.

The very last camera angle is cool (above Kerbin) ... except the Kerbal suffocates :) And then I'm teleported back to the explorer ship, with the remaining companion and no monolith (and no contract completion notification).

Is the Kerbal supposed to die ? Should there be more feedback (I only saw the temporary "I'ts full of stars" when I retried for the third time and watched the contract text). Is that why you need to send 2 kerbals (if so, you could make it that this happens only to the scientist, so that you're left with the pilot for the trip back home).

There should be something at the end.... Can you send a log and I'll take a peek?

What terrain detail setting are you using? Can you think of other mods you're running that might make changes to the PQS system? Kerbinside or Kopernicus come to mind, not sure if they would be the cause of it being different for you.

LNqdgea.jpg
. I am using Kopernicus though (which actually, now you mention it, does cause some weirdness with the PQS of Minmus - remind me to message Proot about that). Gimme a couple of days to check this, I'll let you know.. something either way.

http://i.imgur.com/LNqdgea.jpg
. I am using Kopernicus though (which actually, now you mention it, does cause some weirdness with the PQS of Minmus - remind me to message Proot about that). Gimme a couple of days to check this, I'll let you know.. something either way.

Proot or Thomas P? Since you mention Proot, I'm guessing this is a hacked up 1.0.4 Renaissance install? I only ask because that could be very difficult for me to diagnose - mainly because I'm not sure I'm up for going through the hoops I heard were required to get it working (I have some form of deadly daycare flu at the moment). Anyway, if you're able to do see if it changes by removing a few of those components it would be appreciated. If we're able to get it down to a specific set of mods that fixes the monoliths, I may be able to do a module manager patch to change the text in the right circumstances (and maybe even add said mods to the recommended list).

• 1 month later...
Just remove/disable the AS_JoolMonolith contract. You can delete the file, or add a ModuleManager patch. You can try something like this (untested):

@CONTRACT_TYPE[AS_Jool_Monolith]
{
@weight = 0.0
}

Oh! Simple! I was wondering if their were other contracts that depended on the Jool contract to having been completed in order to show. I guess not though?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Oh! Simple! I was wondering if their were other contracts that depended on the Jool contract to having been completed in order to show. I guess not though?

The Jool contract is the end-game contract for this pack - nothing else depends on it. There's very little in the way of intra-contract dependencies in this contract pack, I think the only ones are:

Kerbin Monolith => Mun Monolith => Jool Monolith

Kerbin Crash Site => Mun Crash Site

Otherwise the requirements are having orbited the planet with the anomaly.

I got contract to go to the air field and pyramids way too early in my hard career. I can barely make science for plane to go to the airfield in time. And the pyramids one expires in 1 day.

Are the contracts one time or recurring ? If I do not do them now will I have the chance to do em again ? And also if I do em once I hope they will not bother me again ?

I got contract to go to the air field and pyramids way too early in my hard career. I can barely make science for plane to go to the airfield in time. And the pyramids one expires in 1 day.

Are the contracts one time or recurring ? If I do not do them now will I have the chance to do em again ? And also if I do em once I hope they will not bother me again ?

They'll keep showing up, so you don't have to worry about doing them right away. And once you do them once, they won't show up again.

• 1 month later...
I had the problem with the waypoints for the island airfield contract being off as well, with Kopernicus 0.5.2 and KillAshley's Kerbol Plus Remade v1.1. Took both of them out and retook the contract and the waypoints were in the right place, but then I put Kopernicus back without the planet pack, retook the contract, and the waypoints were still in the right places. Reinstalled K+ and took the contract again, and the waypoints were offset again, but in a different direction this time. And K+ shouldn't be doing anything to Kerbin ether...

[quote name='Rodger']I had the problem with the waypoints for the island airfield contract being off as well, with Kopernicus 0.5.2 and KillAshley's Kerbol Plus Remade v1.1. Took both of them out and retook the contract and the waypoints were in the right place, but then I put Kopernicus back without the planet pack, retook the contract, and the waypoints were still in the right places. Reinstalled K+ and took the contract again, and the waypoints were offset again, but in a different direction this time. And K+ shouldn't be doing anything to Kerbin ether...[/QUOTE]

I posted something on the [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/114649-1-0-5-Kopernicus-Beta-%280-5%29-November-17?p=2310866&viewfull=1#post2310866"]Kopernicus thread[/URL]. Hopefully Thomas P. is able to fix whatever the issue is (assuming it's a Kopernicus issue).

2 hours ago, Din182 said:

It seems to be Kopernicus that's causing the problem, since I have it installed, but not Kerbol Plus, and I'm having the same problem.

Can you report that on the Kopernicus thread?  I think it may help to give them a reminder of the issue. :)

On 05/12/2015, 15:42:51, linuxgurugamer said:

Hey Nightingale,

Is this compatible with 1.0.5?  If so, can you update it so that CKAN will recognize it?

Thanks

LGG

Thread title says 1.0.5.  Doubled checked and it's there in CKAN.  What's the problem?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.