[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

I originally posted this in another thread mistaking where the contract had come from but I was directed to here. I see several have had this same problem. this is my post copied from the other thread.

I just attempted the Island runway contract. I was to climb to the top of the tower and to look for a pod in the hangar. I didnt complete either. Apparently I didnt do what I needed to do but I climbed to the top of the tower. I went and stood right where the marker was. I also went into the hangar where that marker was as well, seen 3 parts laying on the floor. Dont give away the answer if I just need to look around some more or something like that, would rather figure it out myself. Just tell me to keep looking if thats what I need to do. :) Made the flight at night, it was an interesting landing accomplished from the IVA but went well. First landing there and first at night so it wasnt a total loss. lol

OK, so Ive read through this thread and also from being told in the other thread. I do have Kopernicus installed so this seems to be a common denominator in other post on the Island airfield contract not completing. So I guess this is maybe a Kopernicus issue and not really a contract issue?

Wait! I just seen there was just an update to Kopernicus some hours ago. I just installed it, I shall try this one again, maybe its all good now.

OK, I still cant finish this one. 0.0 meter distance to go. It looks right, it just wont give me a check mark. I guess there is some risk in removing Kopernicus? I will give that a careful try in the morning.

Edited by Kevin Kyle
seen an update

4 hours ago, Kevin Kyle said:

OK, I still cant finish this one. 0.0 meter distance to go. It looks right, it just wont give me a check mark. I guess there is some risk in removing Kopernicus? I will give that a careful try in the morning.

No risk to this contract pack - but it may/will break whatever you were using Kopernicus for. :)

Still, not sure if it's the same issue - is it Waypoint Manager that's saying there's 0.0 distance to go?  Can you toss a log file and screenshot my way (screenshot including the contract app open)?

1 hour ago, Kevin Kyle said:

Sure, what log file do I send? Where is it? OH, the ksp.log, right?  Now if I could just figure out how to attach a file?  OK, so did I get you what you need? I feel all newbish. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiegcmuf26soon9/KSP.log?dl=0

It's a problem in the dev build of Contract Configurator which is now fixed - which means I need to ask the question: why are you running the dev build?

17 minutes ago, nightingale said:

It's a problem in the dev build of Contract Configurator which is now fixed - which means I need to ask the question: why are you running the dev build?

Clueless here! I seem to recall something about the dev build, forgot all about that. I think there was a reason at the time. I shall fix that and try again. Thanks for your patience with me, Im such a newb. I should have gotten into the nuts and bolts of this program long ago but almost all my time goes to simracing and has for the last 18 years. I need to get out more! ;)

OK, I know why now. I installed the GAP contract pack, When I fire up KSP, I get the warning message the GAP needs Contract Configurator 1.9.1. It says on the GAP op thats it needs 1.9.0 So, I seen that mesage and I went and tracked down 1.9.1 and installed. I just seen that the dev build had new dates on the files that are only 20 mins old. Apparently there is a new dev build. I need to do some testing and figure this out or remove some things. But thats the why of it. I knew when you mentioned the dev build that I had done that for a reason. Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated! :)

2 hours ago, Kevin Kyle said:

OK, I know why now. I installed the GAP contract pack, When I fire up KSP, I get the warning message the GAP needs Contract Configurator 1.9.1. It says on the GAP op thats it needs 1.9.0 So, I seen that mesage and I went and tracked down 1.9.1 and installed. I just seen that the dev build had new dates on the files that are only 20 mins old. Apparently there is a new dev build. I need to do some testing and figure this out or remove some things. But thats the why of it. I knew when you mentioned the dev build that I had done that for a reason. Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated! :)

Hmmm....  could be you ended up with the pre-release of that one by accident too?  No worries either way - I'd recommend not going back to 1.9.0 anyway, I tend to make things backwards compatible, but if you roll back there's no guarantees.  Shouldn't be anything else that is majorly wrong with 1.9.1 dev anyway.

OK quick question, I went to the monoliths, I got the KSC one first,(heh look out the window)  then went to the one a mountain that was underground,got credit for that, then went to the one by the base and was told it was flying? um no its sitting on the ground right next to the radio dish..... the one that was hovering over a mountan was tricky but was able to soft land a  tweeked Gull And. .. no creidt...

well its the start of the carrier so im going to try to reinstall and restart, wish me luck lol

22 hours ago, [email protected] said:

OK quick question, I went to the monoliths, I got the KSC one first,(heh look out the window)  then went to the one a mountain that was underground,got credit for that, then went to the one by the base and was told it was flying? um no its sitting on the ground right next to the radio dish..... the one that was hovering over a mountan was tricky but was able to soft land a  tweeked Gull And. .. no creidt...

well its the start of the carrier so im going to try to reinstall and restart, wish me luck lol

First I heard of this issue - if you run into it again, send some screenshots this way.

Two things -

in 1.0.5, high texture detail, the flying monolith wasn't flying, and the buried one wasn't buried.

Also, is there any way to force all the unfinished contracts to become available in the admin building at once (and not expire)?  Or one at a time? 

I guess a third thing is that I love this mod and thanks for making it!

4 hours ago, m_sporkboy said:

Two things -

in 1.0.5, high texture detail, the flying monolith wasn't flying, and the buried one wasn't buried.

Also, is there any way to force all the unfinished contracts to become available in the admin building at once (and not expire)?  Or one at a time? 

I guess a third thing is that I love this mod and thanks for making it!

What mods are you using?  Kopernicus changes things and corrects tho monoliths so they are in the proper location.

There is no way to force contracts to be available, that's just the way the stock contract system works, sadly.

And for the third one - you're welcome!

On 12/22/2015 at 6:54 PM, nightingale said:

What mods are you using?  Kopernicus changes things and corrects tho monoliths so they are in the proper location.

Nothing I would expect to affect planet meshes.

KSP: 1.0.5 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
AutoAsparagus - 1.1
Chatterer - 0.9.7.86
Contract Configurator - 1.9.1
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor - 1.4.2
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.5
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.18
HyperEdit - 1.4.1
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.6
Trajectories - 1.4.3
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.5
Waypoint Manager - 2.4.4

Also, the northern Mun monolith wasn't visible, but maybe it was just too dark :)

• 1 month later...

I had the strangest bug ever, and after a lot of work I nailed it down to this mod, or more precisely, to the contract to investigate the Jool monolith.  Maybe it's something wrong with this Contract Pack or with Contract Configurator.

What happened is that whenever I reverted a flight to the hangars, the original ship remained in flight, even though the scene changed to the hangar with that same ship loaded, as expected. The game was saving the current state and reloading it in the hangar, instead of reloading the pre-launch state.

I couldn't reproduce the problem with a fresh save, so following some suggestions on the support thread I created I ported all scenarios from the broken save, one by one, and the problem started happening as soon as I copied the contracts, and stopped when I removed the Jool monolith contract. I pasted the full contract state here: http://pastebin.com/ibgsGpZ5

I have no idea why and how this happened, but I hope it can be fixed, because I really want to complete this one.

hi @nightingale, I just had this issue reported on my rescale mod:

11 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

Working well so far. I'm using SETI, OPM, KCT, SCANsat, and a number of other mods. The only glitch so far is that I can't use the Anomaly Surveyor contract pack - the way points were a few hundred meters off, and since you have to a) be EVA and b) be 10m or less from the waypoint, I couldn't complete the first contract to go to the top of the control tower on the island airfield because the way point was hovering in the air away from the tower.

Everything else appears to be working fine so far. I'll let you know if anything odd happens.

Is there something I can do about it?

1 hour ago, lodestar said:

I had the strangest bug ever, and after a lot of work I nailed it down to this mod, or more precisely, to the contract to investigate the Jool monolith.  Maybe it's something wrong with this Contract Pack or with Contract Configurator.

What happened is that whenever I reverted a flight to the hangars, the original ship remained in flight, even though the scene changed to the hangar with that same ship loaded, as expected. The game was saving the current state and reloading it in the hangar, instead of reloading the pre-launch state.

I couldn't reproduce the problem with a fresh save, so following some suggestions on the support thread I created I ported all scenarios from the broken save, one by one, and the problem started happening as soon as I copied the contracts, and stopped when I removed the Jool monolith contract. I pasted the full contract state here: http://pastebin.com/ibgsGpZ5

I have no idea why and how this happened, but I hope it can be fixed, because I really want to complete this one.

Yup, looks like this is due to Anomaly Surveyor/Contract Configurator.  It's because of a workaround that I have to use when spawning objects larger than the VAB.  Raised [#460] to look into it.  You should be able to continue your game though - I don't understand why this is stopping you.  A workaround would be to go to the tracking station before going to the editor when doing this contract (as going to the tracking station will also spawn the monolith).

14 minutes ago, nightingale said:

You should be able to continue your game though - I don't understand why this is stopping you.  A workaround would be to go to the tracking station before going to the editor when doing this contract (as going to the tracking station will also spawn the monolith).

It's not game breaking by itself, but the problem happens with every single launch once the contract is accepted, and right now I'm designing and building a large interplanetary ship in orbit for the mission, and building a base, and this bug makes the trial/rehearsal launches very annoying. 

17 minutes ago, lodestar said:

It's not game breaking by itself, but the problem happens with every single launch once the contract is accepted, and right now I'm designing and building a large interplanetary ship in orbit for the mission, and building a base, and this bug makes the trial/rehearsal launches very annoying. 

Go to the tracking station, and back.  That *should* be enough to get it to stop happening.

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

hi @nightingale, I just had this issue reported on my rescale mod:

Is there something I can do about it?

It keeps coming up - it's a Kopernicus issue (at least, that's where it's sitting at the moment).  I raised it on that thread yesterday, we'll see if we can get some traction on it (if not I may try to see if I can get a workaround figure out sometime this week).

23 minutes ago, nightingale said:

It keeps coming up - it's a Kopernicus issue (at least, that's where it's sitting at the moment).  I raised it on that thread yesterday, we'll see if we can get some traction on it (if not I may try to see if I can get a workaround figure out sometime this week).

Ok thanks, do you have  description of the issue I can take  look at? I may point you in  general direction. Unless it's outside my limited knowledge :)

27 minutes ago, lodestar said:

No, same thing.

Ah, I see the problem.  I've put a fix in so that it'll no longer cause the issue after the first load (that one is the one that will need more time).  It'll be released in 1.9.5, but you can get the dev version here.

14 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Ok thanks, do you have  description of the issue I can take  look at? I may point you in  general direction. Unless it's outside my limited knowledge :)

Edited by nightingale

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

Ah, I see the problem.  I've put a fix in so that it'll no longer cause the issue after the first load (that one is the one that will need more time).  It'll be released in 1.9.5, but you can get the dev version here.

Thanks. I'll give it a try later.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.