[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

I've never finished all the contracts, playing career mode and either Squad or some mod developer does something to break a game, before I'm ready to leave Kerbin's sphere. This has allowed me to really get to hate the first mission, running a Kerbal up stairs, with horrible control of the Kerbal was barely fun the first time.

It made me wonder about some contract packs having the benefit of not being save locked, but max progress would be optionally available to all save games.

8 hours ago, Miravlix said:

I've never finished all the contracts, playing career mode and either Squad or some mod developer does something to break a game, before I'm ready to leave Kerbin's sphere. This has allowed me to really get to hate the first mission, running a Kerbal up stairs, with horrible control of the Kerbal was barely fun the first time.

It made me wonder about some contract packs having the benefit of not being save locked, but max progress would be optionally available to all save games.

Making it not specific to a save is technically difficult, and also has the problem of how to handle when a player decides he does want to do the mission again.

However, I can make it so that the missions disappear after some trigger (maybe going interplanetary for your example) so that if someone doesn't want to do it, then it doesn't keep showing up.  Raised #12.

Today I learned there are monoliths in game...

This looks fun.

Might I suggest making a link directly to the github release page in the OP for people who don't use CKAN (namely me:lol:)? I had to dig for it, and it took like...two extra clicks:o.

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor/releases/

Thanks!

(and I have SCANsat, so I knew...something...was out there, already, just not what)

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

Today I learned there are monoliths in game...

This looks fun.

Might I suggest making a link directly to the github release page in the OP for people who don't use CKAN (namely me:lol:)? I had to dig for it, and it took like...two extra clicks:o.

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor/releases/

Thanks!

(and I have SCANsat, so I knew...something...was out there, already, just not what)

Thanks!  And regardling the link, check again - it's there:

On 03/02/2015 at 9:04 AM, nightingale said:

GitHub: For the direct download option, please ensure you have all the dependencies before raising a support request:

1. Contract Configurator is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the Contract Configurator release thread.
  2. ModuleManager is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the ModuleManager release thread.
  3. The Anomaly Surveyor Contract Pack can be downloaded from GitHub.
  4. SCANsat is an optional dependency and can be downloaded from the SCANsat release thread.
  5. Waypoint Manager is an optional (but highly recommended) dependency and can be downloaded from the Waypoint Manager release thread.
Edited by nightingale

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Is there an option to disable the anomaly names in the contracts? It'd be fun if the description were generic (eg "anomaly discovered in the vicinity of...") so that the anomalies themselves would be more of a surprise the first time around.

Most of them are somewhat spoiler free, although some (like the Kerbin ones are less so).  To make them all completely generic would be possible with Module Manager patching, but it's not an out of the box option.

So, I'm a bit confused. I recently loaded back up my save and updated all mods on CKAN since last playing in December. Now, Waypoint Manager is no longer showing any waypoints, and I have the two monoliths on the mun contract active, as well as a few others. Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if it's with Waypoint Manager or with the Contracts...

2 hours ago, DarthXavius said:

So, I'm a bit confused. I recently loaded back up my save and updated all mods on CKAN since last playing in December. Now, Waypoint Manager is no longer showing any waypoints, and I have the two monoliths on the mun contract active, as well as a few others. Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if it's with Waypoint Manager or with the Contracts...

If you can see the waypoints in the map view, then it's Waypoint Manager.  Otherwise it's contracts.  Since there's a good chance that means Contract Configurator, it could be me either way.  Regardless, I'd need to see logs to comment further.

@DarthXavius - I don't see anything wrong in the error log.  Do you have the same problems in a new save?  With stock contracts?  If you have it with stock contracts, does removing Contract Configurator, Waypoint Manager or other mods change anything?  Do you have a steam install (if so, can you do the validate files function to see if maybe there's a stock install problem)?

@nightingale Yeah, I've verified game cache, reinstalled mods, and I just deleted my KSP folder and reinstalled everything with the same mods. The problem only appears in that save, a new game generates waypoints in Waypoint Manager for Anomaly Surveyor contracts. I don't know which stock contracts would generate waypoints, but I don't have any issues with stock contracts. Just no waypoints to where I'm supposed to go for the anomaly surveyor contracts in my main savegame. Wouldn't be an issue because I could just look up coordinates of the anomolies but it says visit two monolith's on the mun, but according to the list of easter eggs on the Kerbal wiki, there are three munoliths... Thanks for all your help, just don't know what to do from here.

2 hours ago, DarthXavius said:

@nightingale Yeah, I've verified game cache, reinstalled mods, and I just deleted my KSP folder and reinstalled everything with the same mods. The problem only appears in that save, a new game generates waypoints in Waypoint Manager for Anomaly Surveyor contracts. I don't know which stock contracts would generate waypoints, but I don't have any issues with stock contracts. Just no waypoints to where I'm supposed to go for the anomaly surveyor contracts in my main savegame. Wouldn't be an issue because I could just look up coordinates of the anomolies but it says visit two monolith's on the mun, but according to the list of easter eggs on the Kerbal wiki, there are three munoliths... Thanks for all your help, just don't know what to do from here.

Send your save and I'll take a look, although I don't know how/why it would've gotten messed up.  Also, you can try cancelling the contract and letting it get regenerated and see if that fixes it.

I do not know what it is but every time I go into KSP recently and switch out, it aborts the contracts with a exception.  Here is the exception box in its entirity;

Exception occurred while loading contract 'AnomalySurveyor.AS_Kerbin_UFO':System..ArgumentException: Missing required value 'pqsCity'.

At ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[String] (.ConfigNode confignode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.LoadRequirement (.configNode confignode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown> :0

at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.configNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I can accept the contract but switch to the VAB same thing only for AS_Kerbin_Monolith

Here is the log-I am running KSP x64 in windows 10: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20384747/KSP.log

Any and all advice as to what may be causing the error would be appreciated-I'd like to do these contracts in this save and have 1 for when deepfreeze is updated accepted...

Edited by wizisi2k

16 minutes ago, wizisi2k said:

I do not know what it is but every time I go into KSP recently and switch out, it aborts the contracts with a exception.  Here is the exception box in its entirity;

Exception occurred while loading contract 'AnomalySurveyor.AS_Kerbin_UFO':System..ArgumentException: Missing required value 'pqsCity'.

At ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[String] (.ConfigNode confignode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.LoadRequirement (.configNode confignode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown> :0

at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.configNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I can accept the contract but switch to the VAB same thing only for AS_Kerbin_Monolith

Here is the log-I am running KSP x64 in windows 10: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20384747/KSP.log

Any and all advice as to what may be causing the error would be appreciated-I'd like to do these contracts in this save and have 1 for when deepfreeze is updated accepted...

Bug in some of the new 1.10.x Contract Configurator functionality, not unexpected with the big change that was introduced.  I'll likely make a release in the next couple days for this issue, meanwhile you can grab the dev dll here to fix the problem.

Hi guys.

I have been getting hit with a bug which might be the same as that posted above. I thought I would share the details anyway, in case it helps.

Error log:

Exception occured while loading contract 'AnomalySurveyor.AS_Kerbin_Monolith':
System.ArgumentException: Missing required value 'pqsCity'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[String] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.SCANsatLocationCoverageRequirement.LoadFromPersistence (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.LoadRequirement (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This seemed to only start occurring after I had already completed a couple of anomaly surveyor contracts.

It might be just coincidence, but I am using scansat, and the first time I encountered this bug was just after a biome scan of Kerbin. Anomaly surveyor contracts never seemed to work after that point.

Anyway, I hope this helps with whatever bug is causing the issue.

Also, your contracts are great additions to the game, keep up the great work :)

11 minutes ago, Remi said:

Hi guys.

I have been getting hit with a bug which might be the same as that posted above. I thought I would share the details anyway, in case it helps.

Error log:

Exception occured while loading contract 'AnomalySurveyor.AS_Kerbin_Monolith':
System.ArgumentException: Missing required value 'pqsCity'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[String] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.SCANsatLocationCoverageRequirement.LoadFromPersistence (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.LoadRequirement (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This seemed to only start occurring after I had already completed a couple of anomaly surveyor contracts.

It might be just coincidence, but I am using scansat, and the first time I encountered this bug was just after a biome scan of Kerbin. Anomaly surveyor contracts never seemed to work after that point.

Anyway, I hope this helps with whatever bug is causing the issue.

Also, your contracts are great additions to the game, keep up the great work :)

Yup, need to do a release to fix this. Meanwhile you can download the dev version linked above.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps I am doing something wrong here, but I just decided to check out CKAN for the first time today, thanks in large part to discovering this Mod exists.

I don't see it on the list. 

I am waiting patiently for a potential 1.1 update for the Anomaly Surveyor mod... I was wondering, does CKAN automatically filter out mods that aren't going to work with your version of KSP, or do I need to do something else to make this mod visible?

Apologies for the noob question...

23 minutes ago, deadpool809 said:

Perhaps I am doing something wrong here, but I just decided to check out CKAN for the first time today, thanks in large part to discovering this Mod exists.

I don't see it on the list. 

I am waiting patiently for a potential 1.1 update for the Anomaly Surveyor mod... I was wondering, does CKAN automatically filter out mods that aren't going to work with your version of KSP, or do I need to do something else to make this mod visible?

Apologies for the noob question...

CKAN filters it out automatically.  For the most part, this should work for anyone who wants to install it manually.  I just need to fix up the final monolith mission, so don't even attempt that on 1.1 and you should be okay.

On 4/24/2016 at 9:05 AM, nightingale said:

CKAN filters it out automatically.  For the most part, this should work for anyone who wants to install it manually.  I just need to fix up the final monolith mission, so don't even attempt that on 1.1 and you should be okay.

@nightingale , I believe some of the waypoints of anomalies are off in 1.1. For example, the control tower and crew pod that must be visited during the first mission, have waypoints to the west. I know 1.1 version of your contract pack isn't out yet, but I'm just letting you know of this bug.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.