[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

26 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

By the way, is

the change so that you must visit both Munoliths?

Actually, I went the other way, because the number of Monoliths went up.  There's now 5 on Kerbin, 3 on Mun and 1 on Minmus.  They were all there before, but the ones that were underground were never in the contract pack because it was pointless (the numbers in the pack were 4/2/0 before).  Because I want to push the players towards the Jool contract, the Kerbin contract requires the one near KSC + any other two and the Mun contract requires any one from the ones on Mun/Minmus.

If it's a deal breaker I can revisit and see if I can have it both ways (right now the Mun/Jool contracts are triggered by the previous contract completing, so I can't keep it open).  I suppose I could break them up into different contracts (and make it so you need to complete 1 + 2 Kerbin contracts to get the same effect).

Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Actually, I went the other way, because the number of Monoliths went up.  There's now 5 on Kerbin, 3 on Mun and 1 on Minmus.  They were all there before, but the ones that were underground were never in the contract pack because it was pointless (the numbers in the pack were 4/2/0 before).  Because I want to push the players towards the Jool contract, the Kerbin contract requires the one near KSC + any other two and the Mun contract requires any one from the ones on Mun/Minmus.

If it's a deal breaker I can revisit and see if I can have it both ways (right now the Mun/Jool contracts are triggered by the previous contract completing, so I can't keep it open).  I suppose I could break them up into different contracts (and make it so you need to complete 1 + 2 Kerbin contracts to get the same effect).

Thoughts?

It's by no means a deal breaker, but I'd like to use the contract pack as a sort of completionist's checklist. I remember being disappointed when I landed at the first Munolith and lost the marker for the other, though it wasn't so bad as I had landed at the other for the video.

I have no idea how to fit both things into the same pack, so if it's too hard to work it in I totally understand. It won't affect my doing the series :)

23 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

It's by no means a deal breaker, but I'd like to use the contract pack as a sort of completionist's checklist. I remember being disappointed when I landed at the first Munolith and lost the marker for the other, though it wasn't so bad as I had landed at the other for the video.

I have no idea how to fit both things into the same pack, so if it's too hard to work it in I totally understand. It won't affect my doing the series :)

I have some ideas, let me see what I can do tomorrow.

12 hours ago, nightingale said:

Thoughts?

Is there any way to record which monoliths you checked out?  If so, perhaps have side contracts that send you to look at the rest of them.

OTOH, having them be found one at a time does make sense.

The pyramids waypoint marker is way off the ground. It may even be in space, it's so high. This may be due to WaypointManager as I'm seeing it on the screen this way, but I figure it's more likely to be in the contract that way.

I don't know if the contract itself is wouldn't complete due to this, because I killed Jeb trying to get to the pyramids. :D

It's not all of the waypoints, though. The two for the island airfield were spot on, both for WaypointManager and for the contract completion.

Edited by 5thHorseman

4 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

The pyramids waypoint marker is way off the ground. It may even be in space, it's so high. This may be due to WaypointManager as I'm seeing it on the screen this way, but I figure it's more likely to be in the contract that way.

I don't know if the contract itself is wouldn't complete due to this, because I killed Jeb trying to get to the pyramids. :D

It's not all of the waypoints, though. The two for the island airfield were spot on, both for WaypointManager and for the contract completion.

I've done the pyramids contract a few times and never had problems.  

2 hours ago, eberkain said:

I've done the pyramids contract a few times and never had problems.  

Whoops, that's because I changed some stuff and messed it up last release.  I forgot that no altitude in Contract Configurator means "a random altitude" rather than "on the ground".

@5thHorseman - I've fixed it for the next release.  I'm also reworking the monolith contracts and should have those done soon.

4 hours ago, nightingale said:

Whoops, that's because I changed some stuff and messed it up last release.  I forgot that no altitude in Contract Configurator means "a random altitude" rather than "on the ground".

@5thHorseman - I've fixed it for the next release.  I'm also reworking the monolith contracts and should have those done soon.

Sweet, and no worries. I was just doing a quick test run to see if my "big idea" for the series was workable. It is, so long as I don't kill Jeb too many times.

New release, you can now have your cake at eat it too with the monolith contracts!  Download here.

ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor 1.6.0

• Bigger rework to monolith contracts.  There is now one monolith to visit per contract, but not all monoliths need to be visited to progress the story.  As the story progresses, unvisited monoliths remain available.
  • Fixed waypoint on pyramid contract (thanks 5thHorseman).

EDIT: I recommend updating to Contract Configurator 1.14.0 - it fixes a bug in the waypoint naming (if you don't update you may get the wrong waypoint names for monolith contracts).

Edited by nightingale

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nightingale.  Thanks for making killer mods.

I have a question regarding the SCANsat compatibility:  Every single time I've tried to use Anomaly Surveyor with SCANsat, the contracts appear regardless of whether or not I've done a multispectral scan.  I've had this problem on clean installs, modded installs, multiple versions of KSP, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and even two different computers.  Same problem every single time.  Is there something I'm missing?  Do I need to activate that feature in a config file or something?

7 hours ago, TheCrimsonCorndog said:

Hi Nightingale.  Thanks for making killer mods.

I have a question regarding the SCANsat compatibility:  Every single time I've tried to use Anomaly Surveyor with SCANsat, the contracts appear regardless of whether or not I've done a multispectral scan.  I've had this problem on clean installs, modded installs, multiple versions of KSP, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and even two different computers.  Same problem every single time.  Is there something I'm missing?  Do I need to activate that feature in a config file or something?

Could be an install issue, where it doesn't actually think you have SCANsat?  Can I get a log file to have a look at?

1 hour ago, ElCorrupto said:

Hi guys, I have little trouble with TMA-1, it´s in the ocean! Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, and have nice weekend

I'll have to take a look. Are you using Kopernicus?  I know that has caused issues in the past.

Hey nightingale. I had this too. Tma-1 contract had no description and the way point is way off in the ocean opposite side of Kerbin from ksc. I went out there just to check it out and you can't complete it by swimming around it with a kerbal. I was going to try reinstall and do it all again before I reported but life got in the way. Sorry I have no logs. I also noticed a considerable slow down of the game with this contract active.

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

I'll have to take a look. Are you using Kopernicus?  I know that has caused issues in the past.

Yes, I do. But just for the Outer Planets Mod, I think. I checked the whole Kopernicus Mod, with scatterer and so on. It´s really beautiful, but the fps are a nightmare around clouds and water.

Thanks for the help. Any experiences with full Kopernikus?

1 hour ago, ElCorrupto said:

Yes, I do. But just for the Outer Planets Mod, I think. I checked the whole Kopernicus Mod, with scatterer and so on. It´s really beautiful, but the fps are a nightmare around clouds and water.

Thanks for the help. Any experiences with full Kopernikus?

It's Kopernicus itself that causes problems - you don't even need any planet packs (so by "full Kopernicus" I think you might mean RSS?).  Anyway, I gave it a quick try without Kopernicus and it works fine - I'll run a test with Kopernicus soon and see.

In the meantime, are you able to cancel the contract and then re-accept it when it comes back up?  If so, can you confirm if the waypoint is still messed up?  If you have Waypoint Manager (or from just looking at the save file), can you tell if it's at the (0, 0) coordinates?  If so then there's likely an exception occurring, and I'd like to see your log file from that second run (when the contract was re-generated).

EDIT: Re-tested with Kopernicus, still wasn't able to reproduce.  I'll need to see those logs (@Cerberus738, if you are able to get those too that would help).

Edited by nightingale

On 7/16/2016 at 5:52 PM, nightingale said:

It's Kopernicus itself that causes problems - you don't even need any planet packs (so by "full Kopernicus" I think you might mean RSS?).  Anyway, I gave it a quick try without Kopernicus and it works fine - I'll run a test with Kopernicus soon and see.

In the meantime, are you able to cancel the contract and then re-accept it when it comes back up?  If so, can you confirm if the waypoint is still messed up?  If you have Waypoint Manager (or from just looking at the save file), can you tell if it's at the (0, 0) coordinates?  If so then there's likely an exception occurring, and I'd like to see your log file from that second run (when the contract was re-generated).

EDIT: Re-tested with Kopernicus, still wasn't able to reproduce.  I'll need to see those logs (@Cerberus738, if you are able to get those too that would help).

with "full Kopernicus" I meant the Renaissance Mod, sorry. I completed the contract by pressing Alt-F12, so unfortunetly no log-file, I guess. The following contracts seem to be at the right position, according to the "Internet". I´ll let you know.

Edited by ElCorrupto
TMA´s are correct

On 7/16/2016 at 10:24 AM, Cerberus738 said:

Hey nightingale. I had this too. Tma-1 contract had no description and the way point is way off in the ocean opposite side of Kerbin from ksc. I went out there just to check it out and you can't complete it by swimming around it with a kerbal. I was going to try reinstall and do it all again before I reported but life got in the way. Sorry I have no logs. I also noticed a considerable slow down of the game with this contract active.

I have this as well. Here's the finished contract from my save file (I completed it in the alt-f12 menu because I'm a dirty cheater). The waypoint is at 0,0 which is likely at least part of the problem. Another oddity is it was named "Scientist's Sanity". Maybe the fact that the waypoint had a generic KSP waypoint name is part of the problem?

CONTRACT_FINISHED
			{
				guid = f221e313-3add-40ab-b469-5f690366df1a
				type = ConfiguredContract
				prestige = 0
				seed = 347531341
				state = Completed
				agent = Anomaly Surveyor Group
				deadlineType = None
				expiryType = Floating
				ignoresWeight = True
				values = 95700,0,0,0,0,40,20,0,1798147.27032175,1702470.75032177,0,1703239.72321799
				subtype = AS_Kerbin_Monolith_Additional
				title = Investigate  on Kerbin
				description = After visiting the Tycho Magnetic Anomaly (now known as TMA-0), it started to send signals out in several directions.  We could tell the signals were going through the planet, and have been able to calculate where on the surface the signals lead to.  These spots have been marked as TMA-1 through TMA-4.  We need to see where the signals lead.
				synopsis = Investigate .
				completedMessage = The monolith seems to be sending out a signal out into space...  we need to triangulate as many monolith signals as possible.
				hash = 2106102846
				UNIQUE_DATA
				{
					anomalyIndex = Int32:4
				}
				BEHAVIOUR
				{
					type = ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.WaypointGenerator
					WAYPOINT
					{
						type = WAYPOINT
						names = 
						celestialName = Kerbin
						name = Scientist's Sanity
						icon = ContractPacks/AnomalySurveyor/Icons/monolith
						latitude = 0
						longitude = 0
						altitude = 0
						index = 0
						hidden = False
						clustered = False
						randomAltitude = False
						underwater = False
					}
				}
				BEHAVIOUR
				{
					type = ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.DialogBox
					DIALOG_BOX
					{
						condition = PARAMETER_COMPLETED
						position = LEFT
						width = 0.8
						height = 0
						title = TMA-1
						parameter = WP1
						titleColor = #FFFFFFFF
						InstructorSection
						{
							showName = True
							textColor = #FFB9DA54
							name = Instructor_Gene
							animation = false_disagreeA
						}
						TextSection
						{
							text = This is the spot...  but no monolith.  Maybe someone buried it?  Hopefully we'll have more luck at the other locations.
							textColor = #FFCCCCCC
							fontSize = 20
						}
					}
					DIALOG_BOX
					{
						position = LEFT
						width = 0.8
						height = 0
						title = TMA-2
						parameter = WP2
						titleColor = #FFFFFFFF
						InstructorSection
						{
							showName = True
							textColor = #FFB9DA54
							name = Instructor_Gene
							animation = idle_lookAround
						}
						TextSection
						{
							text = Looks like an abandonded launch facility.  Were there other Kerbals that made it into space before us?
							textColor = #FFCCCCCC
							fontSize = 20
						}
					}
					DIALOG_BOX
					{
						position = LEFT
						width = 0.8
						height = 0
						title = TMA-3
						parameter = WP3
						titleColor = #FFFFFFFF
						KerbalSection
						{
							showName = True
							textColor = #FFB9DA54
							crewIndex = 0
							gender = Male
						}
						TextSection
						{
							text = It's really cold up here, even in the EVA suit.  Can I go home now?
							textColor = #FFCCCCCC
							fontSize = 20
						}
					}
					DIALOG_BOX
					{
						position = LEFT
						width = 0.8
						height = 0
						title = TMA-4
						parameter = WP4
						titleColor = #FFFFFFFF
						KerbalSection
						{
							showName = True
							textColor = #FFB9DA54
							crewIndex = 0
							gender = Male
						}
						TextSection
						{
							text = This looks like a great place to hide a super secret base!
							textColor = #FFCCCCCC
							fontSize = 20
						}
					}
				}
			}

12 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I have this as well. Here's the finished contract from my save file (I completed it in the alt-f12 menu because I'm a dirty cheater). The waypoint is at 0,0 which is likely at least part of the problem. Another oddity is it was named "Scientist's Sanity". Maybe the fact that the waypoint had a generic KSP waypoint name is part of the problem?

<snip>

Ah, gotcha, I see the problem now, it's generating for 5 anomalies, when there's only 4 (the one near KSC is in a different contract).  So the 5th one is getting a bad index, which is causing all kinds of stuff to get set to default values.  This will be fixed in the next release (on Friday, to go with the big Contract Configurator release).

Edited by nightingale

29 minutes ago, Cerberus738 said:

Tma - 6 on the Mun had its waypoint marker underground. It's the monolith a ways North of the equator on top of a big hill. The monolith is there but the waypoint was inside the hill. I alt-f12 it.

I'm going to need to play with this one a bit more.  When I first went to it, it was underground, but after a quicksave/load it was in the right spot.  Something odd about the terrain height there.

44 minutes ago, blu3wolf said:

KSP-AVC seems to think there is a 1.7 version to update to. CKAN disagrees. The thread seems to concur with CKAN. Thoughts?

KSP-AVC is picking up the version file that I updated early in anticipation of Friday's release.  I've moved it back to 1.6.0 so that it doesn't cause incorrect notifications.

New update for compatibility with the new Mission Control in the latest Contract Configurator.  But before you download, stop and read the upgrade notes:

If you are installing this in a new save, the TMA-1 through TMA-8 contracts have changed.  If you've already completed them, they won't register as having been completed.  So to upgrade:

• Check which ones of the TMA-1 through TMA-8 contracts you've completed.
  • If you have any in progress, cancel them (with the new Contract Configurator, you'll get them back very easily)
  • Upgrade
  • Accept contracts for the ones that you've completed.  Go to the debug-cheaty-menu (alt-f12) and use it to complete the contracts
  • (optional) Remove the free funds that you just received

Enjoy, download is here.

ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor 1.7.0

• Overhaul for new Mission Control in Contract Configurator 1.15.x.
  • Increased distance tolerance for Mun arch contracts (thanks 5thHorseman).
  • Fixed text for TMA-1 (thanks 5thHorseman).
  • Improved agency icon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.