[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

This is a great pack. I have spotted an additional issue beyond those already mentioned by others (possibly its fixed with the reworked missions released a couple of hours ago?): in my game the TMA contract on Minimus had the waypoint about 250 m underground and I had to alt-F12 it to complete it.

I dug up an old save and went back to see if the problem was there. It was - quicksaving and reloading did not make any difference.

I'm hoping you can get the save from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bylkrr1nWeS5OWZoM2pIRjhRcm8/view?pref=2&pli=1

I think I have stripped out all spacecraft other than one kerbal standing on minimus by the monolith.Be aware I'm running a number of other mods as well.

3 hours ago, psamathe said:

I dug up an old save and went back to see if the problem was there. It was - quicksaving and reloading did not make any difference.

I'm hoping you can get the save from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bylkrr1nWeS5OWZoM2pIRjhRcm8/view?pref=2&pli=1

I think I have stripped out all spacecraft other than one kerbal standing on minimus by the monolith.Be aware I'm running a number of other mods as well.

Thanks for the save, raised #546.

Hi, @nightingale! First of all, thank you very much for your hard work! Second, I think you changed the order of some Anomaly Surveryor's TMA contracts.

I know you instructed us to accept the new TMA contracts, check which ones of the first eight (TMA-1 through TMA-8) we've completed and "force complete" them (Alt-F12 style), substracting the corresponding double funds, science and rep points. I just completed the first 5 (TMA-1 through TMA-5), but by their coordinates, I think they don't correspond to the new TMA-1 through TMA-5...

According to Anomaly Surveyor's files and to my persistent.sfs, they are as follow:

Latitudes Old Contract New Contract
-0.640167398451803 (Kerbin) TMA-1 TMA-1
20.6708959294282 (Kerbin) TMA-2 TMA-2
-28.8083158360341 (Kerbin) TMA-3 TMA-3
57.6603611293676 (Mün) TMA-4 TMA-6
-82.206266198768 (Mün) TMA-5 TMA-7

Since I checked the coordinates from my persistent.sfs file, I didn't get the old TMA-6, TMA-7 and TMA-8.

Could you please post something like an equivalence table (only which old TMA correspond to the which new one, not the coordinates)?

@jlcarneiro - Actually, I broke/renamed those when I did the update for KSP 1.1.3 (AS 1.6.0, I think).  The reason the numbers changed is that I added in a bunch of extra monoliths (stuff that was underground before).  Also, I would provide a mapping table... but you already did and got it 100% right. :)

5 hours ago, nightingale said:

@jlcarneiro - Actually, I broke/renamed those when I did the update for KSP 1.1.3 (AS 1.6.0, I think).  The reason the numbers changed is that I added in a bunch of extra monoliths (stuff that was underground before).  Also, I would provide a mapping table... but you already did and got it 100% right. :)

Thanks! But what about TMA-4, TMA-5 and TMA-8? What they correspond to?

Since I didn't complete all eight, I must know which ones I should force complete...

Edited by jlcarneiro

2 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

Thanks! But what about TMA-4, TMA-5 and TMA-8? What they correspond to?

Since I didn't complete all eight, I must know which ones I should force complete...

They didn't exist!  The contracts are brand new (I excluded a couple of Easter eggs on account of them being underground).

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @nightingale, just wanted to let you know the AS coordinates for triggering TMA-7 (Mun south pole) are about 180m above where the actual Munolith is. Not a big deal and it's reachable with less than 1/3 of a jetpack, but a little irksome when you've set down in the hole :)

Also, this is the second time now that I've totally underestimated scouting these things out. Every career I seem to barely escape Mun with my kerbal's life after trying a double-touchdown for these missions :blush:  Good profit though, ship only cost 10% of the total reward :) 

ekwb9Ss.jpg

@eddiew - I noticed that as well in @5thHorseman's playthrough (which everyone should go watch here), but I haven't had a chance to go fix it yet.  Love that image, and skybox is gorgeous!  I need to start playing KSP again so I can use visual mods (takes too long to start up when you're modding).

@5thHorseman - Since I've already pinged you, I'll ask a question.  Did the last contract in your series bug out, or were you trying to keep it spoiler free by not showing the zoomy thing after you go to the thing? (I'll assume you can figure out what I mean, since you saw it in your previous series)

7 minutes ago, nightingale said:

... (takes too long to start up when you're modding).

I'm pretty mod-heavy, but I find that 1.1.x running on an SSD is mightily faster than previous versions. Takes maybe 90 seconds to start up, with ~60 mods including planet packs, Space-Y, Near Future, and a lot of tweaky things :) 

The skybox is Poodmund's Calm Nebula, and I agree tis lovely. I spend more time in orbit just because it makes me feel so mellow ^^

2 minutes ago, eddiew said:

I'm pretty mod-heavy, but I find that 1.1.x running on an SSD is mightily faster than previous versions. Takes maybe 90 seconds to start up, with ~60 mods including planet packs, Space-Y, Near Future, and a lot of tweaky things :)

Yeah, but the difference between 30/60/90 seconds is huge when you restart KSP 20 times in a two hour span. :)

42 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Yeah, but the difference between 30/60/90 seconds is huge when you restart KSP 20 times in a two hour span. :)

Lol... oh, right, yeah. I guess that's the curse of mod development - easy to test in isolation, but checking for cross-compatibility must be a massive pain :S 

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

@5thHorseman - Since I've already pinged you, I'll ask a question.  Did the last contract in your series bug out, or were you trying to keep it spoiler free by not showing the zoomy thing after you go to the thing? (I'll assume you can figure out what I mean, since you saw it in your previous series)

I was actually going to ask you (but I forgot oops), did you change the last contract to just win because it was causing some sort of problem? I actually did expect the big ending I got the first time, and didn't get it. So I cobbled the ending I did get (which turned out pretty well I think) instead.

I've not touched the save since, if you'd like to check it out.

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

I was actually going to ask you (but I forgot oops), did you change the last contract to just win because it was causing some sort of problem? I actually did expect the big ending I got the first time, and didn't get it. So I cobbled the ending I did get (which turned out pretty well I think) instead.

I've not touched the save since, if you'd like to check it out.

Yeah, I had a feeling that must've been the case when I saw you clipping into the "thing" (it's supposed to trigger at a couple km away, before you can get too close).

Send the save over and I'll take a look.  I'm pretty sure i retested this one in 1.1.3, but maybe there was something special for you.

6 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Yeah, I had a feeling that must've been the case when I saw you clipping into the "thing" (it's supposed to trigger at a couple km away, before you can get too close).

Send the save over and I'll take a look.  I'm pretty sure i retested this one in 1.1.3, but maybe there was something special for you.

I'll pm it in a bit. I doubt it but remember I rendezvoused with it (quite hard) already. Maybe the contract bugs out if you don't complete it on the first encounter? I know things become "more real" when you first encounter them, like Asteroids and stranded Kerbals.

Hello all - I'm doing my first playthrough with this mod.  I've done everything that was offered up on Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus.  The Armstrong memorial never popped as a contract - is that supposed to be included?

Really enjoyed this as a way to add challenge to otherwise stock gameplay.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, fourfa said:

Hello all - I'm doing my first playthrough with this mod.  I've done everything that was offered up on Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus.  The Armstrong memorial never popped as a contract - is that supposed to be included?

Really enjoyed this as a way to add challenge to otherwise stock gameplay.  Thanks!

It's definitely there - it was in @5thHorseman's series that I linked above.  Can I see a screenshot of your mission control?  And maybe a KSP.log in case that one contract didn't load somehow (not sure how that would happen, it's a fairly simple contract).

I've been lurking on the forums for almost a year.  I created an account specifically to let you know that I finished the Jool contract this morning and it was absolutely brilliant!  At first, I thought that the Kraken had eaten poor Bob, but....  I had a ton of fun with the contract pack, and it pushed me to do some things that in all my time playing KSP, I'd not yet done.  Thank you for all the effort you put into this!

You bear some responsibility for this @nightingale! Not only did I spent 13 frikking hours designing and executing this mission, but... but... ;.;

u8AlssD.jpg

Below is a massive spoiler for Anomaly Surveyor. Obviously @nightingale doesn't need to worry about that, but if any of you don't want your virgin eyes tainted, you should avoid clicking the clicker!

Spoiler

IqV5WcX.jpg

Great ending sequence, but Jay better respawn... he's a 4-star pilot and I needed him ;.;

15 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Jay will return...  if I ever get around to writing the planned sequel. :)

Sounds interesting! But I won't rely on that before 1.2 causes a fresh career :)

Spoiler

So for now, I'm going to assume that as an immortal being, he will choose to re-materialise for a beer at some point. Ideally about the time the Discovery One gets home so's to slot in with my 'canon'. Fortunately for me, the true power of the gods lies in the ability to translate the text files of fate and change the  enum of destiny :wink: 

42 minutes ago, eddiew said:
  Hide contents

Turns out Jay already found his way home and is hanging around in the bar with the other kerbonauts. His godly powers may have even exceeded my own :)

Technically a bug, but no harm in leaving that one. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.