[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

2 hours ago, aluc24 said:

@nightingale, what are the requirements to get the Mun Rock Arches contract? I've already visited all Monoliths, as well as landed on Minmus, but the contract never appears.

A quick read through the .cfg file for that mission suggests you may need to deploy a SCANsat and scan the area to reveal the arches to KSC's mission planners.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:10 PM, JH4C said:

A quick read through the .cfg file for that mission suggests you may need to deploy a SCANsat and scan the area to reveal the arches to KSC's mission planners.

Thanks, but I already did that, and the contract is still not showing up...

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2018 at 9:03 PM, Galland1998 said:

Anyone else getting a scansat.cfg error with KSP-AVC?  If so is there a fix?

Open up GameData\ContractPacks\AnomalySurveyor\SCANsat.cfg

Change the first line from:

@CONTRACT_TYPE[AS_*]:HAS[#tag[SCANsat]],NEEDS[SCANsat],*

To:

@CONTRACT_TYPE[AS_*]:HAS[#tag[SCANsat]]:NEEDS[SCANsat]

Pretty sure that should fix it. I'm not super familiar with module manager patches (yet) so someone please correct me if there's a better way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 10:03 PM, Galland1998 said:

Anyone else getting a scansat.cfg error with KSP-AVC?  If so is there a fix?

@Galland1998 I also have this issue. Does anyone know why this happens?

On 11/22/2018 at 2:24 PM, NipperySlipples said:

Open up GameData\ContractPacks\AnomalySurveyor\SCANsat.cfg

To:

Pretty sure that should fix it. I'm not super familiar with module manager patches (yet) so someone please correct me if there's a better way.

I tried this fix and it converts it from an error to a warning so the issue is still there.

Does anyone have anymore insight into this?

10 hours ago, Shizen said:

I tried this fix and it converts it from an error to a warning so the issue is still there.

It can't be that AS_* needs to be HAS*_ could it? Most likely not, I don't know any of this syntax 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 2:53 PM, Shizen said:

@nightingale If you're still active, i would really appreciate a little help please.

KSP Log Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FBU9_ErRFS37hj17mv_ZoV-r-msmQVKB

Mod list here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-cuYMNnCrNWH0dXsh_dXnndzZ0OIpnMZ

its mostly visual and contracts

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Shizen

10 minutes ago, Shizen said:

@nightingale If you're still active, i would really appreciate a little help please.

KSP Log Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FBU9_ErRFS37hj17mv_ZoV-r-msmQVKB

Mod list here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-cuYMNnCrNWH0dXsh_dXnndzZ0OIpnMZ

its mostly visual and contracts

Thanks for the help.

There's a pull request that fixes it - you can try and grab the files from that.

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor/pull/14/files

I'll be merging that and releasing a new version once I get to doing Anomaly Surveyor updates (expected sometime this month).

• 4 months later...
On 1/4/2019 at 10:32 PM, nightingale said:

There's a pull request that fixes it - you can try and grab the files from that.

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor/pull/14/files

I'll be merging that and releasing a new version once I get to doing Anomaly Surveyor updates (expected sometime this month).

Seems that solution from github still have issue. I got this in MM log:

[WRN 2019-05-14 17:48:01.673] unrecognized trailer: ',*' on: ContractPacks/AnomalySurveyor/SCANsat/@CONTRACT_TYPE[AS_*]:HAS[#tag[SCANsat]]:NEEDS[SCANsat],*

Should not that config file look like this:

{
    // Increase the rewards of all contracts with extra SCANsat requirements
    @rewardFunds *= 1.30
    @rewardReputation *= 1.10
}

I can't say that I'm familiar with all of MM syntax, just taking peek into config files from time to time. Seems to me that "[....],*" syntax for MM is either wrong or obsolete in new MM version. I don't recall that I have seen something similar in other MM patch config files.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 8:24 PM, NipperySlipples said:

To:

Just reporting in to say that this issue still exists, and that your fix suggestion worked for me. The error is gone and - contrary to another post on this page - I also don't get a new warning, so I would consider this an absolute win :)

• 2 months later...

I have updated KSP to 1.8 and have run across a new failure in Anomaly Surveyor. It throws a loading error "Mod(s) DLL that are not compatible with this version of KSP:  AnomalySurveyor.dll." The loading bar goes all the way to the end but the game never completes launching.

I have resolved the issue by simply deleting the AnomalySurveyor.dll. I suspect that the thing that is affected is the Jool Anomaly. I'm in a career playthrough and am just now getting missions to Jool and its moons so Ii'll still have to see if it's working.

I read earlier in the thread some stuff about the dll, my guess is that it needs re-compiled for 1.8.

• 1 month later...

For any concerned, the contract pack itself appears to work just fine in 1.8.1. However...

On 12/4/2019 at 5:22 PM, CaptKordite said:

the dll, my guess is that it needs re-compiled for 1.8.

I recompiled it [snip], it loads, It doesn't throw any exceptions. YMMV, use at own risk, don't bug nightingale, may contain considerable bees, etc. etc.
Guess the first one to Jool gets to find out if it still works properly. :P

Edited by Snark
Download link removed by moderator, breaks mod-posting rules. See note below.

10 hours ago, steve_v said:

Guess the first one to Jool gets to find out if it still works properly. :P

I already had craft in Jool's SOI so as soon as I added the recompiled dll the Monolith contract showed up. There was no error during startup so, thanks. That was it. Now I need to send "Discovery" out there.

14 hours ago, steve_v said:

I recompiled it [snip], it loads, It doesn't throw any exceptions. YMMV, use at own risk, don't bug nightingale, may contain considerable bees, etc. etc.

We're sorry, but we've had to remove your download link because it breaks the add-on posting rules.

We appreciate that you're just trying to be helpful, and your caveats are duly noted, but the issue still remains.  Yes, it's a hassle, and we're sorry about that, but there are reasons.  Discussion here, for the curious.

The TL;DR is that it's not okay to just recompile a DLL and post a link to it.  It counts as a "mod" and therefore requires one to jump through all the relevant hoops, alas.  We're sorry for the inconvenience.

That is, frankly, ridiculous.

Forking the repo / changing the license etc. etc. etc. for a compiled dll with zero code changes is insane. It's the exact same code as in the OP, so the same licences apply.

Why I need to take ownership for clicking "build project" is beyond me. If this is what your rules imply, then your rules need a rethink lest we loose a bunch of perfectly functional but unmaintained mods.

Imagine if FOSS development worked this way... every single linux distro forking upstream repos just to be allowed to build them from source... madness.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.