[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

Technically a bug, but no harm in leaving that one. :D

I think it's legit, he should be able to choose his destiny :) 

Spoiler

Most likely I forgot to turn off missing crew respawn when starting the career, and I have no great urge to now either :) 

Although IIRC, David Bowman's expanded consciousness no longer had a good grasp of time, nor any real desire to return home. But kerbals remind me more of hobbits than humans, and I suspect their desire to return to the shire is rather powerful.

Edited by eddiew

11 minutes ago, eddiew said:

I think it's legit, he should be able to choose his destiny :) 

Hide contents

Most likely I forgot to turn off missing crew respawn when starting the career, and I have no great urge to now either :) 

Although IIRC, David Bowman's expanded consciousness no longer had a good grasp of time, nor any real desire to return home. But kerbals remind me more of hobbits than humans, and I suspect their desire to return to the shire is rather powerful.

Spoiler

Yeah - I meant it's a bug because I can code around missing crew respawns... but I'll only fix that bug if/when I actually get to doing the sequel.  But don't count on that before KSP 1.2.  Or KSP 1.3.  Or KSP 2.  Or KSP 2061...

Right, back to non-spoiler town now! :)

Edited by nightingale

Hey @nightingale, just wanted to let you know that Rock Arch #3's marker is quite far off position. Have supplied a screenshot below with the lat/long coords of the arch according to KER, vs where it's showing up. Hopefully that makes it an easy tweak for you :)   (Arch #1 is a little off-marker, but only by about 200m. #2 was spot on the money, right under the loop.)

fc0a9iJ.jpg

(In other news, for once I didn't underestimate the delta-v requirements of snooping out these arches!)

2 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Hey @nightingale, just wanted to let you know that Rock Arch #3's marker is quite far off position. Have supplied a screenshot below with the lat/long coords of the arch according to KER, vs where it's showing up. Hopefully that makes it an easy tweak for you :)   (Arch #1 is a little off-marker, but only by about 200m. #2 was spot on the money, right under the loop.)

fc0a9iJ.jpg

(In other news, for once I didn't underestimate the delta-v requirements of snooping out these arches!)

Can you cancel the contract and regenerate it?  I've had reports of the waypoints being off on occasion, but not 100% sure what the root cause is.

3 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Can you cancel the contract and regenerate it?  I've had reports of the waypoints being off on occasion, but not 100% sure what the root cause is.

Huh, you were right, marker is back under the arch. It wasn't critical anyway, easily within jetpack range :) 

Just now, eddiew said:

Huh, you were right, marker is back under the arch. It wasn't critical anyway, easily within jetpack range :) 

Actually, this might be the first report of it being in the wrong spot - usually it's wrong altitude.

Do you have Kopernicus installed?  I worked around the issues related to that, but it could still be relevant.

2 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Do you have Kopernicus installed?

I do, with OPM, KPlus and Rald installed. So far I think this is the only time I've had a marker significantly out of position - the last one was the south pole hole with the marker up at the top and the munolith down at the bottom :) 

Finally! For the first time ever, I managed to get four Munar anomalies in one shot :)  Admittedly I had to use Near Future to do it... 8k delta-v in a 3.5t lander is almost embarassing... :blush:

8fMHaMx.jpg

...I'm sure that's possible with stock, but it would have been a lot bigger... as it was, I made over half a million profit :) 

Sorry, @nightingale, me again ^^;

I'm having problems triggering (what I think is) the Armstrong Memorial contract:

5VoKpke.jpg

I'm literally sitting on the ground in front of the memorial with a DMagic Been-There-Done-That anomaly scanner, and I've done Scansat biome scans and it's marked on the map... don't really know what the contract is asking me to do in order to unlock it ^^;

Unless it's not the Armstrong Memorial?

4 hours ago, eddiew said:

Sorry, @nightingale, me again ^^;

I'm having problems triggering (what I think is) the Armstrong Memorial contract:

5VoKpke.jpg

I'm literally sitting on the ground in front of the memorial with a DMagic Been-There-Done-That anomaly scanner, and I've done Scansat biome scans and it's marked on the map... don't really know what the contract is asking me to do in order to unlock it ^^;

Unless it's not the Armstrong Memorial?

Wrong scanner - there's some confusion on the scan names - not sure if it's something I need to re-label, but it should be the part that gives you the biome scan.

11 minutes ago, nightingale said:

...but it should be the part that gives you the biome scan.

I've also done that...

yokZVJc.jpg

I'll send up another scanner. At some point the game seems to have deleted the original satellite that made this scan, wonder if it's gotten confused.

I did notice that the REQUIREMENT:NEEDS[SCANsat] in Mun_Memorial.cfg doesn't contain a scanType setting as suggested by https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/SCANsatLocationCoverage-Requirement... but adding one hasn't fixed it for me either ^^;

(The labelling could do with a tweak, aye :) )

4 minutes ago, eddiew said:

I've also done that...

yokZVJc.jpg

I'll send up another scanner. At some point the game seems to have deleted the original satellite that made this scan, wonder if it's gotten confused.

I did notice that the REQUIREMENT:NEEDS[SCANsat] in Mun_Memorial.cfg doesn't contain a scanType setting as suggested by https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/SCANsatLocationCoverage-Requirement... but adding one hasn't fixed it for me either ^^;

(The labelling could do with a tweak, aye :) )

Raise a GitHub issue and I'll take a look (include your save).  Note that it probably won't but until after 1.2 stuff settles though.

39 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Raise a GitHub issue and I'll take a look (include your save)

Righto, done :)  I did send up that 2nd scanner, but despite multiple passes over the ship parked next to the memorial, it's not playing ball :( 

For my own purposes, I commented out the scan requirement and now it's available ^^;

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Saybur Stuff said:

Again - great mod.  I love the story and direction that this helps give to KSP!

I noticed that in 113 ,when you view all contracts it looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/l57CuBj.png

Is this something that can be hidden?  It'd be more of a surprise to see them as they get detected by scanning!

Not sure what you are referring to - is it the fact that there are a couple that show up without scanning (I assume you have SCANsat)?  Or the fact that you can see the planets and the list?

That being said, neither of those will be changed.  The ones that are visible without SCANsat are that way to give something to do before launching a SCANsat is realistic.  Also, there's the in-game argument that makes it hard to justify needing to launch a SCANsat to "see" something that is on an island a couple km away from KSC.

Once I have time though, there will be some 1.2 updates to this contract pack.  I'll be looking at figuring out what the appropriate level of Kerbnet integration is, as well as adding contracts for the REDACTED that @Arsonide added in 1.2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2016 at 0:28 PM, nightingale said:

Not sure what you are referring to - is it the fact that there are a couple that show up without scanning (I assume you have SCANsat)?  Or the fact that you can see the planets and the list?

That being said, neither of those will be changed.  The ones that are visible without SCANsat are that way to give something to do before launching a SCANsat is realistic.  Also, there's the in-game argument that makes it hard to justify needing to launch a SCANsat to "see" something that is on an island a couple km away from KSC.

Once I have time though, there will be some 1.2 updates to this contract pack.  I'll be looking at figuring out what the appropriate level of Kerbnet integration is, as well as adding contracts for the REDACTED that @Arsonide added in 1.2.

As we await patiently your 1.2 updates, are we okay to use the latest version, or will it not work until updated?

Edited by Arcadian Del Sol

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2016 at 7:53 AM, nightingale said:

Nope, at least not until Contract Configurator is ready.

Contract configurator has been ready for awhile, so, can the Anomaly contract pack be used now with updated CC?  Please note that I am not asking "when it will be ready", just saying that there is still interest in this (LOVE hunting anomalies for a purpose other than simple curiosity).

1 hour ago, Tau137 said:

Contract configurator has been ready for awhile, so, can the Anomaly contract pack be used now with updated CC?  Please note that I am not asking "when it will be ready", just saying that there is still interest in this (LOVE hunting anomalies for a purpose other than simple curiosity).

Partially working - just don't take the Jool mission until it's officially updated.

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT JOOL.  ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.

9 hours ago, nightingale said:

Partially working - just don't take the Jool mission until it's officially updated.

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT JOOL.  ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.

THANK YOU, installing now!

P.S.  What about ScanSat pack?

• 1 month later...

Me again, I just tried to install Anomaly Surveyor on KSP 1.2.2 with CC 1.22.1 and notice a few exception during KSP loading :

Spoiler

AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.7

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' has not met dependency 'KerbalKonstructs' V0.9

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' is missing 1 dependencies

Non platform assembly: F:\program\KSP\KSP1.2.2BugHunt2\GameData\ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: F:\program\KSP\KSP1.2.2BugHunt2\GameData\ContractConfigurator\ContractConfigurator.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: F:\program\KSP\KSP1.2.2BugHunt2\GameData\ContractPacks\AnomalySurveyor\AnomalySurveyor.dll (this message is harmless)
ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'AnomalySurveyor': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AnomalySurveyor.MonolithParameter' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AnomalySurveyor.MonolithFactory' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AnomalySurveyor.MonolithParameter+VelocityHandler' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass35_0' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass35_1' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Non platform assembly: F:\program\KSP\KSP1.2.2BugHunt2\GameData\Squad\Plugins\KSPSteamCtrlr.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: F:\program\KSP\KSP1.2.2BugHunt2\GameData\Squad\Plugins\Steamworks.NET.dll (this message is harmless)
VesselModules: Found VesselModule of type CommNetVessel with order 999

Here is the full log on a clean install.

The contracts do appear in the mission control building so probably not something to worry about... right ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.