[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

7 minutes ago, maculator said:

I had to dig deep:

Reveal hidden contents

ep6tWwv.png

Maybe I will change that text.  Depending on the detail level setting and whether or not Kopernicus is installed, the monolith may not be underground.

7 minutes ago, maculator said:

Also a quick offtopic question: Would it be possible to make waypointmanager show me the heading to the waypoint?

It can!  It's off by default so that the informational display isn't too huge.  Have a look in the settings menu.  I forget if it's a relative heading or absolute heading (I think it's absolute).

I'm stupid... the settings ... of course ...

Did you ever concider sending people to the muns northpole? I've been there recently and its also quit anomal, a huge "spike" and like every pole in the game strange things tend to happen if you provoke it (like every pole).

There is also mohos "sinkhole", but I guess you know about that and only included intended secrets.

A contract pack for "geographic points of interest" would be a really cool thing to do.

like: really cool

Hello,

got a little problem here: the waypoints of the anomalies on the Island Airfield are somewhat offset by roughly 400m horizontally. I'm not sure which mod caused it. I installed the latest versions of Contract Configurator, Anomaly Surveyor and Waypoint Manager.

Any hints on how to correct this ?

Many thanks !

Edit: i found the positions in the cfg file but somehow i doubt they are wrong cause it had worked before. Could be waypoint manager as well. A hiking Kerbal doesn't trigger the contract at the correct positon, but at the offset. Not the tower, which is up in the air ...

2nd Edit: Desert Pyramids have an offset as well, horizontally and vertically. Other mods that might influence this: Kopernicus, OPM, Scansat, Waypoint Manager

Edited by kemde

18 minutes ago, kemde said:

Hello,

got a little problem here: the waypoints of the anomalies on the Island Airfield are somewhat offset by roughly 400m horizontally. I'm not sure which mod caused it. I installed the latest versions of Contract Configurator, Anomaly Surveyor and Waypoint Manager.

Any hints on how to correct this ?

Many thanks !

Edit: i found the positions in the cfg file but somehow i doubt they are wrong cause it had worked before. Could be waypoint manager as well. A hiking Kerbal doesn't trigger the contract at the correct positon, but at the offset. Not the tower, which is up in the air ...

It's Kopernicus, @Thomas P. is aware of the issue.  The only known workaround is to get the contract to generate while in flight (you could use CapCom or the debug menu to cancel the contract and decline others until it comes up).

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the Jool monolith and it was amazing! I almost quick loaded when my poor kerbal started moving away at a ludicrous speed.

Also, I couldn't believe it when I could already see the monolith at 90km distance. Nightingale, you said you spent a lot of time on this mission, well I say well done.

I was just sad my kerbal couldn't touch the giant monolith. That would have been fun. My Kerbal was catapulted as soon as she went on EVA. It would be nice to get to touching distance to the monolith and then you could maybe cycle a texture that animated a bunch of stars moving away or maybe towards each other like in 2010 so then it really would be full of stars.

Also the monoliths orbiting altitude is a nice reference.

On 22/02/2016 at 4:33 PM, ioresult said:

I just finished the Jool monolith and it was amazing! I almost quick loaded when my poor kerbal started moving away at a ludicrous speed.

Also, I couldn't believe it when I could already see the monolith at 90km distance. Nightingale, you said you spent a lot of time on this mission, well I say well done.

I was just sad my kerbal couldn't touch the giant monolith. That would have been fun. My Kerbal was catapulted as soon as she went on EVA. It would be nice to get to touching distance to the monolith and then you could maybe cycle a texture that animated a bunch of stars moving away or maybe towards each other like in 2010 so then it really would be full of stars.

Also the monoliths orbiting altitude is a nice reference.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it...  it was far too much work to get that scene working, and so few people have actually seen it.

On 2/10/2016 at 10:59 AM, nightingale said:

It's Kopernicus, @Thomas P. is aware of the issue.  The only known workaround is to get the contract to generate while in flight (you could use CapCom or the debug menu to cancel the contract and decline others until it comes up).

I don't have kopernicus mod and I also have this problem. Do you want some screen shots of the contract being fulfilled at the wrong location? 

I have a sorta silly question about this mod.  I've never found a single Easter egg in KSP.  I kinda maybe thought it'd be fun just to stumble across them myself, without the help of a quest pointing me in the right direction.  But I suppose it's extremely unlikely I'll ever find an Easter egg on my own; is that what you guys think?  If so, I'll go ahead and give this mod a try.  

3 minutes ago, Mister Spock said:

I have a sorta silly question about this mod.  I've never found a single Easter egg in KSP.  I kinda maybe thought it'd be fun just to stumble across them myself, without the help of a quest pointing me in the right direction.  But I suppose it's extremely unlikely I'll ever find an Easter egg on my own; is that what you guys think?  If so, I'll go ahead and give this mod a try.  

The contracts are fairly spoiler free, but if you want it to require a bit more play it with SCANsat - that'll require you do a biome scan for a body for its contracts show up.

It's really hard to just run into many of these Easter eggs if you don't know they're there, for most you need to get pretty close before you actually see them.  I've "accidentally" seen the Mun arches, but I think that's the extent of it for me.

19 hours ago, nightingale said:

Yes please.

I've been passively following this issue and even noticed my own active flight markers in the KSC screen were "off" by a bit in the display (like 1/3 of the runway's distance) from where they actually were.

I noticed I had Kopernicus installed (I had been playing with Outer Planets), and that particular issue vanished as soon as I removed it.

Of course I have no images now, but I can confirm that it's certainly a thing.

21 hours ago, sardia said:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=06827738017621765197

KSP Log. Not sure how it works, but I shut down KSP shortly after completing the contract. Hope it helps.

Nothing jumped out in there, so not sure what's going on.  Raised #487 to dig a bit further in the next week or two.  Was hoping it was something simple like you didn't realize you had Kopernicus (it's happened before, since it's a dependency for Kerbal Renaissance.

3 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I've been passively following this issue and even noticed my own active flight markers in the KSC screen were "off" by a bit in the display (like 1/3 of the runway's distance) from where they actually were.

I noticed I had Kopernicus installed (I had been playing with Outer Planets), and that particular issue vanished as soon as I removed it.

Of course I have no images now, but I can confirm that it's certainly a thing.

Yup, may consider doing a workaround for the Kopernicus issue above (if it's an easy one).

FYI, I have never installed Kopernicus. Have you considered increasing the size of the area so you just have to get close and be there for say...20 seconds? It'll reduce the incidence of this issue.

3 minutes ago, sardia said:

FYI, I have never installed Kopernicus. Have you considered increasing the size of the area so you just have to get close and be there for say...20 seconds? It'll reduce the incidence of this issue.

The waypoint is off by like 100 meters - I don't think a workaround like that would be sufficient here.

Actually if you're able to cancel the contract and re-accept it, can you let me know if that fixes the issue (curious to see if it's always generating wrong for you or not).

lol I was never brave enough to run this on the same install as Kopernicus. Shame, cause I like this contract pack, and I also like KScale2.

I should go back to my stock scale install just to finish this pack as well as K-Files...

13 hours ago, nightingale said:

The waypoint is off by like 100 meters - I don't think a workaround like that would be sufficient here.

Actually if you're able to cancel the contract and re-accept it, can you let me know if that fixes the issue (curious to see if it's always generating wrong for you or not).

Nope, I had to move on and complete the contract by flying around. Sorry. Is there a debug menu to generate the contract again?

1 hour ago, sardia said:

Nope, I had to move on and complete the contract by flying around. Sorry. Is there a debug menu to generate the contract again?

If you want to attempt, you'd best make a backup of your save.  First use the alt-f12 debug to clear all contracts (this will clear what's been completed).  You *should* be able to get the contract offered again that way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.