[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

4 hours ago, Warzouz said:

@nightingale, may I suggest for the Jool Monolith contract to add a landed on Vall and Bop requirement ?

Why?  It's the crown jewel of Anomaly Surveyor contracts - locking behind a Vall/Bop landing would make it show up in less than 1% of careers (statistic completely made up, of course ;))

9 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Why?  It's the crown jewel of Anomaly Surveyor contracts - locking behind a Vall/Bop landing would make it show up in less than 1% of careers (statistic completely made up, of course ;))

It's just because it's strange it spawns before even Duna anomalies. For now you just have to get to the Mun Monoliths. As it looks like the "jewel" it should be one of the last missions.

30 minutes ago, Warzouz said:

It's just because it's strange it spawns before even Duna anomalies. For now you just have to get to the Mun Monoliths. As it looks like the "jewel" it should be one of the last missions.

Yes, but not all players in all playthroughs will go to Duna.  Or Jool, or Mun, etc.  It's deep enough at the end of a 3 mission chain - I didn't want them to have to do *every* anomoly before getting that one (especially since there's no way currently to see the required progression).

26 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

UFO was buried under the ice, 16.5 meters was as close as I could get. Kathly Kerman was upset.

Huh, that's new.  Do you mind trying with different terrain detail settings and letting me know if that changes anything?

13 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Huh, that's new.  Do you mind trying with different terrain detail settings and letting me know if that changes anything?

Yep, that helped, I maxed out terrain details and loaded quicksave, the plane spawned above the ground (it was on the ground when I saved with minified settings) and UFO was accessible.

1xgkaxk.png

Kathly is happy now :D

Edited by RealGecko

@nightingale, I've an issue with theh Jool monolith contract.

I had a ship around Jool, but it wasn't meant to go there. I launched a dedicated ship for that contract, but the contrat kept the first ship in mind.

Now I'm at 5km of the monolith and the contract doesn't validate that step.

Is there a way to reset the contract ? I tried cancelling it and it didn't show again.

6 hours ago, Warzouz said:

@nightingale, I've an issue with theh Jool monolith contract.

I had a ship around Jool, but it wasn't meant to go there. I launched a dedicated ship for that contract, but the contrat kept the first ship in mind.

Now I'm at 5km of the monolith and the contract doesn't validate that step.

Is there a way to reset the contract ? I tried cancelling it and it didn't show again.

Cancelling should get it to cover back (eventually).  Raise it on GitHub and I'll see if I can tighten up the conditions on ship selection.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, casper88 said:

the waypoint is reported to be at 81.57.18N 231.28.56E by waypoint manager and when i blindly followed to it, there was no crashed ship... the wiki reports that the coordinates are coordinates are wrong? (81° 57′ 18″ N 128° 30′ 50″W)

231E and 128W are essentially the same longitude.  They're just counting in opposite directions.

Maybe if you set the terrain detail to high you'll see the ship?

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

Have these (or will these) work for all the Easter Eggs in 1.1.3? I enjoyed doing this hunt back in the day but it was sad how many of the anomalies were buried at the time. I think it'd be a fun romp to go find them all again.

Very soon on my to do list is too properly update Anomaly Surveyor for 1.1.3.  It'll technically work for 1.1.3 right now, but there's two major issues:

1. Some of the text in contracts and pop ups have tongue in cheek references to broken Easter eggs (like monoliths floating in the air).

2. Some of the ones that were completely broken before don't even have contracts.

So look for an update in the next week or so.

Just my 2cents from using this a little in my current career. I knew about some KSP easter eggs, but not there exact locations or specifics. This contract pack, while encouraging me to explore these locations, kind of spoils any surprise factor I could gain from visiting them. My suggestion is possibly altering the descriptions in the contracts to be a little more ambiguous, which would increase the mystery aspect. 

For example, the 'Investigate the Pyramids' contract could be renamed to 'Desert mystery', with the description altered to include 'Strange structures have been detected in the Great Desert to the West. Locate and identify this anomaly.'.
Obviously not that exactly but hopefully you understand my point haha.

My apologies if this has been mentioned previously. 

5 hours ago, ninjaisfast said:

Just my 2cents from using this a little in my current career. I knew about some KSP easter eggs, but not there exact locations or specifics. This contract pack, while encouraging me to explore these locations, kind of spoils any surprise factor I could gain from visiting them. My suggestion is possibly altering the descriptions in the contracts to be a little more ambiguous, which would increase the mystery aspect. 

For example, the 'Investigate the Pyramids' contract could be renamed to 'Desert mystery', with the description altered to include 'Strange structures have been detected in the Great Desert to the West. Locate and identify this anomaly.'.
Obviously not that exactly but hopefully you understand my point haha.

My apologies if this has been mentioned previously. 

It's come up before, and for the most part they are spoiler free.  For the pyramids, the argument was that it would be hard for the Kerbals to miss them, but I think I'll revisit that for the big update that is currently underway.

A thought on descriptions in the contracts:

Have the descriptions fit in one of the following rules:

• The reading on some kind of sensor, (e.g. "Find out the cause of this magnetic anomaly.")
  • What you could see in an aerial/orbital photograph, (e.g. "There are structures there, check them out.")
  • For locations on Kerbin, what could be seen from a long distance.

Of course, any that have prerequisite contracts can assume that you have done, and thus know about, the earlier ones, (e.g. "We have found anomalies similar to the ones around the Monoliths.")

53 minutes ago, Chakat Firepaw said:

A thought on descriptions in the contracts:

Have the descriptions fit in one of the following rules:

• The reading on some kind of sensor, (e.g. "Find out the cause of this magnetic anomaly.")
  • What you could see in an aerial/orbital photograph, (e.g. "There are structures there, check them out.")
  • For locations on Kerbin, what could be seen from a long distance.

Of course, any that have prerequisite contracts can assume that you have done, and thus know about, the earlier ones, (e.g. "We have found anomalies similar to the ones around the Monoliths.")

That's pretty much what most of them are already. :)

12 hours ago, nightingale said:

That's pretty much what most of them are already. :)

Yeah, after having a closer look, most of the descriptions are good. The only two I suggest altering are the Pyramids and also the (SPOILER?)

Spoiler

Duna Face contract (which in my opinion the description is a little too...descriptive. Maybe 'We've detected an abnormally shaped hill on Duna. Go check it out.' or something along those lines.

By the way, I have noticed that the SCANsat requirement isn't occurring for me despite having it installed. Unsure why that is happening, unless that requirement is only for bodies other than Kerbin.

Great work though, your mods add a lot to the game.

Edited by ninjaisfast

7 hours ago, ninjaisfast said:

Yeah, after having a closer look, most of the descriptions are good. The only two I suggest altering are the Pyramids and also the (SPOILER?)

Reveal hidden contents

Duna Face contract (which in my opinion the description is a little too...descriptive. Maybe 'We've detected an abnormally shaped hill on Duna. Go check it out.' or something along those lines.

I'll adjust that one for the next release.

By the way, I have noticed that the SCANsat requirement isn't occurring for me despite having it installed. Unsure why that is happening, unless that requirement is only for bodies other than Kerbin.

Some of the Kerbin contracts fire without doing SCANsat (Island Airfield and Pyramids).

Great work though, your mods add a lot to the game.

Thanks, always appreciated!

New release, with new contracts and changes to better fit with 1.1.3 (where easter eggs are no longer broken)!  Time for another series, @5thHorseman?  Download here!

ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor 1.5.0

• New contract for Moho anomaly.
  • New contract for Tylo anomaly.
  • Slight rework to monolith series of contracts.
  • More spoiler proofing.
  • Changed text on pyramid contract.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.