Azimech

[Stock Helicopters & Turboprops] First flight around Kerbin! (page 49)

2 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Hmmm.... thats odd. And may also explain why a working helicopter stopped....

It did? Can you show me the craft file? In which version was it built?

11 minutes ago, Azimech said:

It did? Can you show me the craft file? In which version was it built?

Actually no... I have some issue I think in the design maybe? All I know is that it used to work but now it doesn't. It seems like its not producing enough lift or something like that. But the blades are spinning at 25 rads (1.3.0)

Here's the download anyways though. I know it should work. The blades should go at 20-something rad/s, even in 1.3.1 (not tested though, built in 1.3.0).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhm57w5t0eibsjt/ASDFcopter2.craft?dl=0

Edit: Scratch that completely, seems to be working quite alright. Might not though in 1.3.1....

Edited by qzgy

31 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Actually no... I have some issue I think in the design maybe? All I know is that it used to work but now it doesn't. It seems like its not producing enough lift or something like that. But the blades are spinning at 25 rads (1.3.0)

Here's the download anyways though. I know it should work. The blades should go at 20-something rad/s, even in 1.3.1 (not tested though, built in 1.3.0).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhm57w5t0eibsjt/ASDFcopter2.craft?dl=0

Curious. It flies fine over here (and what a beautiful helicopter!)

UlUHElL.png

However I did notice one of the rear blowers cutting out prematurely due to fuel starvation, after ~7 minutes of flight.

Your helicopter surely inspires me to continue the work on my Apache :-)

I love the skin job as well but even naked it's a very elegant helicopter!

H09pcJg.png

Edited by Azimech

19 hours ago, Azimech said:

-snip-

Thank you very much! I actually took a number of styling cues from your Apache, funnily enough.

And to the remark about it not working - Yeah, I did figure out it does work in 1.3.0. But I guess it also works for you in 1.3.1? That's weird, considering it a similar mechanism didn't for you earlier, as in that gif. I might try downloading it and see if it persists.